Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGaming PC Build EmptyGaming PC Build

more_horiz
This is for Those who know what they are doing when it comes to PC builds, Gaming, e.t.c

So for a long time i have saved up to 2,500 USD in order to get my very own WorkStation/Gaming Rig. I will be Streaming on this Rig. I currently have a really old Custom Built PC (my dad handed down) with a GTX 660, and 4gb RAM #timetoupgrade

I use www.pcpartpicker.com to organize the hardware i will be buying, 
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CrimzonSlayeRx/saved/

Username is CrimzonSlayeRx
Password is H1Z14DAYZ (case sensitive)

So Right Now it's a Total of 2,176 USD (It Includes Operating System, Mouse, Keyboard, Headset, and the Dual Monitor), which seems Reasonable, But i'm sure you can probably help me find better hardware for better Price.

So Basically, i need your advise, and Help in lowering the total Price, without compromising TOO MUCH performance. 

Specs Include:
Spoiler :

Other Things i'll be getting Later On:
Vegas PRO, and some Adobe Products, i Currently only have premiere Pro, which i use for AMV's. I will be getting AfterEffects, Flash, Photoshop, Maya 3d, Cinema4d. OK this doesnt Include games, but i already have fcktons of games on my Steam Library. Also, i plan on getting a new Table From Ikea. 

There are Some Specs i can't Compromise, For Example:

I'm NOT changin my mind on 16GB DDR3 RAM, the maker could be different, but it has to be a 16gb ddr3 RAM, ALSO, i'm not changing my mind on the 1TB HDD, and the SSD i could go for either 128 gb or 250 (but i'll only go lower when i've got no choice but to go lower.) BTW i will sell my old PC, after using DBAN to Wipe it, and re-install Windows 7. It should fork over at least 200 USD, that could go towards the expenses.

Smile Thanks Very Much.

Last edited by DeathStalker on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionGaming PC Build EmptyRe: Gaming PC Build

more_horiz
What I would suggest is, other than shopping around online, check around locally. Look at any nearby computer stores. Also, I'd suggest waiting til it gets more towards the holidays. Tons of things go on sale then. Should make it pretty easy to get some of the stuff you need that way.

more_horiz
Ezekeil wrote:
What I would suggest is, other than shopping around online, check around locally. Look at any nearby computer stores. Also, I'd suggest waiting til it gets more towards the holidays. Tons of things go on sale then. Should make it pretty easy to get some of the stuff you need that way.

I have been Thinking of Waiting till End of year, Thanksgiving, CyberMonday, Christmas, New-year Sales. (plus i'm probably the only person who gets Christmas, + Eid-adha gifts)It makes sense to wait. But, i have friends who have been bugging me to get on BF4, but my pc runs that shit at 30FPS now.

more_horiz
oh nice project

more_horiz
when it comes to gaming PCs never compromise on price and always get the best you can get as technology is always evolving and what you have will get old really fast, so you need the best you can get.

more_horiz
Train knows his shiz about gaming PC's so take note of what he says.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
when it comes to gaming PCs never compromise on price and always get the best you can get as technology is always evolving and what you have will get old really fast, so you need the best you can get.

OR just buy a PS4 and suffice for the next 4 years.

more_horiz
Honestly for gaming, the real big money whores would be CPU and GPU.
RAM used to be expensive but it's lowered in price again (Thank god)
Power supply over 600W is recommended
And normally a 120-150$ motherboard is all you really need. 

You buy what you pay for in PC building. 
Never buy a headset, if you do buy a standalone mic with it (if you're going for games with a lot of communication or if you're streaming) mics on headsets are ass.

Razer is good for mice and keyboards but suck with mousepads and headsets. 

For the games that I play, I have an 8 core AMD processor 3.6 ghz (which cost me around $200 at the time)
and a Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce graphics card.
I have 16 GB of RAM which at the time only cost around $50 and a 1 TB HDD which is around $70-$90

Games I play: 
Arma 3: solid 30 FPS (normal. Game is insanely hard to run even on the best rigs.)
CS:GO: 300 FPS
Minecraft: 500 FPS
League of Legends: I'm capped at 60 but if I uncap it I'd probably be at 120 or 200.

Other games are also above 50 FPS on max or near max settings.

OT: 
PLEASE OH PLEASE
Get rid of that graphics card and just bridge 2 cheaper ones -.-
My Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce just get 2 of them. It's way more cost efficient.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125777

For headset or whatevr
Currently I myself am looking for a Yeti or something around those lines for a mic
A headset im leaning towards siberias or a logitec. I just need the audio, I'm paying a bit more for the mic.

for example: one im looking at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1VH-000J-000F1
with something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836431024

more_horiz
WOW Neji, Thanks for The Insight, i have considered Bridging the Cheaper ones, but the 980 Ti is Truly Titan X's Younger Brother, it smashed 970 SLI. i'm not sure if it will crush 3 ways or 4 ways SLI, but the 980 Ti, is really Promising, upgrading would just be bridging 2 980 Ti Gaming PC Build 3974120512 . 

But i really don't want to Compromise ANYTHING, as Train Said. But i would try undermining for other parts, but not for the GPU and CPU, since those 2 hardware are the bread and butter of Gaming/ Workstation PC. (RAM can be the Orange Juice.) *Analogy OVERLOAD" Gaming PC Build 692615957 

and @anzo, really all you need to do is get a 8 core CPU, and get a Graphics card with GDDR5 RAM, and u just beat a PS4. Gaming PC Build 2311628747

more_horiz
I mean unless you're running 4 copies of the most graphic intensive game and streaming at the same tme
You don't really need that graphics card for now xD

Even for streaming.

@anzo 
my custom built pc is 4 years old. Still works as if it's brand new.

more_horiz
I don't know about that. I mean, I pay 400$ each 4/5 years and I'm good. You don't need to worry about performance issues or graphic card capability with your games and whatnot. I'd say it's a pretty darn good deal.

more_horiz
Lol you learn a lot while building your own rig. It's something you can be proud of.
It's your creation and it's better than any console because you made it. Not only does it run better but it does 2, no 3 times more than it with no problem at all

more_horiz
Consoles are made for games, that's the difference. They were made so that you won't have to worry about what parts of your PC you should be replace in order to run X game and that sort of things.

It's down to preference so I won't judge your personal opinion. But being proud of your PC doesn't mean your PC is better than a console. Feelings doesn't run games.

more_horiz
I finished building Grysta a while ago and forgot to update.....

Grysta's guts: https://i.imgur.com/tv4sNid.jpg

The whole battle station:
http://m.imgur.com/B8Nprs0,cjx4dTk

more_horiz
Hunk of junk Gaming PC Build 1151057309

more_horiz
I will one up this once my new PSU comes in and I fix my pump cable xD

more_horiz
lel salt; good luck tho

more_horiz
Soon :>

Spoiler :

PSU is coming in tomorrow too <3

more_horiz
One day I'll get LED fans

But until then:

Gaming PC Build 72eqI5D

more_horiz
I sweeeeeet..cable management definitely looks better. .i'd kill for those braided cables.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply