Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDA Community Ban list? EmptyDA Community Ban list?

more_horiz
So I've come up with the idea of creating a special community ban list exclusive to DA with the intension of using it in future tournaments.

Everyone always hates the official Konami ban list and here at Duel Academy we pride ourselves on coming up with new intuitive ideas to keep things intresting and fun!

So come forth and start brain storming ideas!

(Spam posts will be deleted and if you keep posting useless post which don't contribute to the topic you will be issued a warning)

descriptionDA Community Ban list? EmptyRe: DA Community Ban list?

more_horiz
You can't warning for spam. I asked to anzo.

And instead of a Banlist it's better ban the Meta Decks from tournaments. Look at ARG they changed their own banlist cuz they wanna to sell Nekroz too and shaddolls.

So since we are online the fastest way is Ban the current meta decks. ocg + tcg meta.

more_horiz
Lose a turn to 1
Apoqliphort Towers to 1
El Shaddoll Fusion to 1/0
Masked Hero Dark Law to 1
Dark Magician of Chaos (erratad) to 1
Trick Clown Magician to 1
Sattelarknight Denebb to 1
Burning Abyss searcher to 1
Dante and Vergil to 1

thats pretty much it

more_horiz
You don't get it people use Dn.

Dn uses tcg banlist, no one will follow or care a full immersion banlist of DA.

It's better ban both the current metas OR use forever a similar to the World Championship Banlist that it's the more balanced.

more_horiz
#freemyniggastratos

Anyway...
Idea seems good but making an actual list for ourselves which we can later use in some of our events isn't really a easy task.
Every banning, limiting and unlimiting must be minutely examined to pervent some broken ass combos and similar. Also, only few members on this site are capable of making something balanced and playable since most of them are meta users and most likely something will slip and we'll make a complete chaos so...

more_horiz
Could someone remind me just what is a meta deck? And wtf is meta online?

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
#freemyniggastratos

Anyway...
Idea seems good but making an actual list for ourselves which we can later use in some of our events  isn't really a easy task.
Every banning, limiting and unlimiting must be minutely examined to pervent some broken ass combos and similar. Also, only few members on this site are capable of making something balanced and playable since most of them are meta users and most likely something will slip and we'll make a complete chaos so...

Yeah I've already thought about that (to a certain extent). Basically this isn't going to be a overnight thing, it's more of a community project which could take weeks or months.

I think looking at it we should make a first draft from using members suggestions and start wittering it down from there. So so far we have trains suggestions + stratos Smile

more_horiz
Gnar wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
#freemyniggastratos

Anyway...
Idea seems good but making an actual list for ourselves which we can later use in some of our events  isn't really a easy task.

Yeah I've already thought about that (to a certain extent). Basically this isn't going to be a overnight thing, it's more of a community project which could take weeks or months.

I think looking at it we should make a first  draft from using members suggestions and start wittering it down from there. So so far we have trains suggestions + stratos Smile

Makes sense

For example, speaking of Stratos, we have to limit E-Call, RotA, HERO Lives, Bubbleman and Mist maybe? There are a lot of things we need to watch on. This would be a cool task for ex-professor team though :D

more_horiz
If Stratos to 1

Bubbleman to 1
A hero lives to 1

Everything else is fine if you count my list

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
If Stratos to 1

Bubbleman to 1
A hero lives to 1

Everything else is fine if you count my list

There's still a shit load of search for HEROes in general and Destiny HEROes could become scary in a second

more_horiz
the major factors are Bubbleman and Dark Law everything else can be dealt with easily. Also with the limit of Hero Lives getting the Shadow Mist search effect for mask change gets hit quite hard.

more_horiz
Artifact Moralltach to 3
Lavalval Chain to 1

more_horiz
^no

too many broken loops

more_horiz
Speaking of which Altair to 1 as well
Generic Satellarknight XYZ to 0

more_horiz
DA Community Ban list? 1968215193 keep it coming guys!

I will be making a few suggestions later once I get time to get on my laptop.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
^no

too many broken loops

Most of the loops require 2-3 Chain and Emeral. At 1, it's a utility card but you can't do too much broken BS with it.

more_horiz
The idea is really good...
Lavalval Chain to 1
Divine winds of the Mist Valley to 2(and semi-limiting/limiting some harpies to prevent the crazy loops)
E-drags back to 1
Errata-ed DmoC to 1?

more_horiz
e-drags should never see the light of day ever again also again no to Lavalval Chain it was banned for a reason.

more_horiz
Let me ask you guys one thing, do you want to make it balanced (Good luck) or make it so there is more diversity in top played decks department? If you want Diversity I suggest we get rid of Soul Charge and return Infernity Archfiend to 3, as Chain is set to 1 and Barrier is 1 as well (Launcher is 1 as well) they are not as big of a threat they where before with 3 Soul Charges. 

Bringing back that Green Bird thing to 3 (Gladiator Beast Dude) sounds like an okay idea, deck is too slow anyway why not return one of its main cards to 3 no reason not to.

Dragon Ravine should be brought back to 3, no questions asked.

Rulers should be errated that they can no longer banish Dragons to get summoned, that should kill the strategy of Dragon Rulers (If we ban the small dudes again).

Sangan should see a come back, so should Morphing Jar 2.

I have more ideas, but I am way too lazy to present them in one post.

P.S: Ban Wind-Up Hunter, bring back Carrier to 1!

more_horiz
Skito, if you mean Bestiari, he's back at 3 on the TCG list.

more_horiz
Oh nice, thanks for the info.

more_horiz
Droolers unbanned?!
-Are you guys insane? Dark Matter is out! You really want to make something as "Galaxy Rulers" broken as fuck? Go on, that's one of the things Konami actually got right

And @Train Heartnet Bubbleman isn't really a big deal atm since everybody plays Monk/Goblin. Everyone I know plays 1 or 2 Bubblemans. He isn't the main XYZ engine anymore and his biggest use is for summoning Acid. Besides, Mind Crush is a valuable main card these days so I really like to have cards in my hand

more_horiz
Bump?

more_horiz
Ok Im gonna be the one who suggests alot of stuff to come off the list. Most of the things that I say should come back have all pretty much been powercreeped and wont make much of a difference if they come back. Meanwhile most of the nerfs are just from the top of my head and partial bias.
Lavalval Chain to 1 (Loops require at least 2 or more)
Artifact Moralltach to 2/3
Debris Dragon to 2
Thunder King Rai-Oh to 2
T.G. Hyper Librarian to 2
Book of Moon could possibly go to 2
Spellbook of Fate to 2
Card Trooper to 3 (gets outclassed by Math)
Chaos Sorc to 3 
Shi-En to 3 (Sams arent gonna do crap with it at 3 anyways
Gold Sarc to 2/3 
Rescue Rabbit to 2
Dragon Ravine unlimited 
Super Rejuv to 3 (d rulers are banned)
Grand Mole to 2-3 (not going to make any difference whatsoever) 
Genex Ally Birdman to 2
Construct Banned/Limited
Dante Limited
Ptol Banned (Seriously we dont need the best xyz toolbox to get that much better and also stops future problematic cards *cough cough* CDI *cough cough*)
Qliphort Scout to 1
Summoner's Art to 2 
Lose a turn to 1
Altair to 1
Royal Magical Library to 1
Blaze Pheonix Banned/Limited (Igknight FTK)
Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to 2 for the new Red Eyes deck that will hit TCG soon
Dark Law to 1-2 
Ban Final Countdown 
Ban Magical Explosion (Chicken Race)

more_horiz
uh, Nekroz of Unicore and casuolas to 2 maybe? minor hit on top deck of the past couple formats, I would suggest heavier hits, but I don't know other people's feelings on this. If you want heavier hits, Brionac and unicore to 1

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply