Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThe Official Newgioh Discussion Thread EmptyThe Official Newgioh Discussion Thread

more_horiz
http://newgioh.com/

Newgioh is a new format endorsed by ARG. It resembles the Goat Format but with a few tweaks.

Note though that this format isn't official by anyway and so far it's mostly for side events.

descriptionThe Official Newgioh Discussion Thread EmptyRe: The Official Newgioh Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Interesting, could be fun but still not enough to get me playing again tho.

descriptionThe Official Newgioh Discussion Thread EmptyRe: The Official Newgioh Discussion Thread

more_horiz
It feels like the game I fell in love when I was a child, I am still to find the sets avalable in this format.

Last edited by Skitoritto on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
There's no way possible it can resample magic lol simple because of mana.

more_horiz
Ignoring mana, this feels like it. An open format full of diversity, in whom you are not forced to play one of the strategies premade. Tour Guide being legal enables so many funny options.

more_horiz
Legal Sets
Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon
Metal Raiders
Magic Ruler
Pharaoh's Servant
Labyrinth of Nightmare
Legacy of Darkness
Pharaonic Guardian
Magician's Force
Dark Crisis
Invasion of Chaos
Ancient Sanctuary
Soul of the Duelist
Rise of Destiny
Flaming Eternity
Starter Deck Yugi
Starter Deck Kaiba
Starter Deck Pegasus
Starter Deck Joey

Legal Promo Cards
Mechanicalchaser
Goddess with the Third Eye
Beastking of the Swamps
Versago the Destroyer
Morphing Jar
Mystical Sheep #1
Needle Worm
Sinister Serpent
Harpie's Feather Duster
Royal Decree
Kinetic Soldier
Slate Warrior
Windstorm of Etaqua
Widespread Ruin
Peten the Dark Clown
Return from the Different Dimension
Blade Knight
Greenkappa
D.D. Assailant
Big Shield Gardna
Cyber-Stein (SJC Prize Card)
Abyss Soldier
Toon Gemini Elf
Toon Goblin Attack Force
Mind Control

more_horiz
What a memories t.t

more_horiz
Naw... Memories come from having actual duels in previous formats ;3

Still this seems like an interesting idea.

Like a 'new twist' on 'old style' yugiohz not quite sure what to make of it at this point, we'll  have to see how this turns out.

more_horiz
yep it's very interesting indeed

Not to mention that it shifts every 6 months so it'll probbaly become more popular as time goes on

more_horiz
We could host a small event about this lol

more_horiz
Time ago GNar wanted to host Goats time machine.

more_horiz
Yeah a Goat Control Tournament was approved a while ago but due to time issues I was/am unable to get the tournament ready and at the time nobody wanted to help lol

more_horiz
Hosting it with this Banlist would be a better alternative imo

(Sorry for double post my phone is playing up)

more_horiz
Holy Cow! Who has made the Deck lists?
They look almost the same when i play GX Tag Force Evolution on my PS2. The Official Newgioh Discussion Thread 3974120512

more_horiz
@Gnar wanna have someone help ya setting this up?

more_horiz
Where the list is typed in this I can copy and paste it which makes it easier. So once I find my laptop I should be able to get it ready.

more_horiz
homepage

more_horiz
I'm really glad that something like this is happening. Considering the current state that the game is right now, an idea of bringing skillful formats back is amazing.
Ever since Konami decided to create Elemental Dragons and Spellbook of Judgment (ever since March, 2013), the idea of having a skillful format disappeared. Looking at the BS we're having right now in the TCG really sickens me. The fact that the game promotes LUCK and bad players is disgusting. Making OP cards one after the other, creating stupid decks that indeed win games but essentially "do 1 thing", thus removing the need to think about your plays and actually overall THINK. No wonder why so many of the old players just stopped playing this...
But anyway, NewGiOh looks really interesting - unlike Konami's advanced format. I hope it actually becomes a thing, or at least forces Konami to fix the stupid format that the TCG is right now.

more_horiz
The H.A.T format was skillfull imo

more_horiz
So since I didn't care enough about Newgioh before.

YGOPro Salvation has recently added the feature of, can you guess, Newgioh. We have quite some players for it and with that, tournaments can easily be organized. And, hint: we also have Goat Format.

more_horiz
Seems like this will be like when i first started playing. Back when burn and monarchs were the meta. I do love that they add newer non-overpowered cards in. Cant wait to bring back the rock deck i was known for back in the day. Wink

more_horiz
So I seen this format has been played some what on here, so what are peoples virdict? I'm intrested to know.

more_horiz
People don't care ROach, the Newgioh tournament was deleted for that.

more_horiz
Ooooooooo so it didn't see any play? Is so that's such a shame.

more_horiz
people here ignore what the goats format was at all. cuz the started to play after or just because don't care at all

more_horiz
What a shame, it's because newer players like this fast paced lucky top deck shit rather than a slow strategic Duel.

more_horiz
Tequila wrote:
What a shame, it's because newer players like this fast paced lucky top deck shit rather than a slow strategic Duel.

Quoted for truth.

A very sad truth..

Which is the main reason I don't really play nowadays.

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Quoted for truth.

A very sad truth..

Which is the main reason I don't really play nowadays.

It's a sad state for the game when this starts to happen.

more_horiz
this happens since 2006. so not a big news.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply