Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Story Quiz

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Kandy.JPEG
DuskMage
Anzo
Jv
BlackWarGreymon
jjh927
10 posters

descriptionStory Quiz EmptyStory Quiz

more_horiz
Right, I've returned for a good while now and I intend to stick with that. Consider me back. Now, remember that I was still alive while I wasn't here, and so have had a number of ideas. The first of these is one I would very much like to do soon, (I was reminded of this by the quiz topic started by vanity) and so I shall pitch it now.

Essentially, I'd like a try at the regular quiz. However, in the history of academies, a quiz works for a few days after it's fully restarted, then everyone forgets about it and it dies until the cycle repeats and the quiz restarts again. So what could we do to improve the idea?

Well, what if someone wrote it as a story? Have a couple of paragraphs of a story leading into the quiz question, which could encompass any part of the previous quizzes (What's that card, win in this scenario etc.) This would update every week with a new part of the story and a new quiz question. Another difference would be that each person would only get one guess, and the correct answer to each quiz would be given at the start of the next quiz, regardless of whether everyone got it wrong or not. If there was a DP reward, I would suggest making it larger the more correct answers in a row that someone got.

I'm not necessarily suggesting I write this, but you aren't going to find a better writer just lying around. If not, take my idea, change it around etc, part of just wants to see a quiz.

If you want to see what it'd be like, I could make a 3 part pilot quiz with some kind of short story. Obviously, it wouldn't have to be one continuous thing. The stories can end, and then another can start.

descriptionStory Quiz EmptyRe: Story Quiz

more_horiz
Story Quiz 20024028

more_horiz
We had automatic and manual quiz: no one cared.

descriptionStory Quiz EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
We had automatic and manual quiz: no one cared.

I know, and have addressed this.

However, in the history of academies, a quiz works for a few days after it's fully restarted, then everyone forgets about it and it dies until the cycle repeats and the quiz restarts again. So what could we do to improve the idea?

This idea is somewhat different and I can see it working.

more_horiz
It was never about the thought. Regardless, this requires consistency. If the host goes idle for a good few days without someone else to fill in his shoe then we'll most likely end up with another event to cancel.

I'm not particularly against it; however, I doubt this could work at the moment. Still, I'll wait for more inputs from other members. Perhaps someone has something better to say.

more_horiz
Have the first part of the pilot.

Outside. Air. Wind barges past, every second like a bullet glancing, grazing at the edges of Lacun's body. The pain was almost worth it for that breath of air, for the cool of the wind, and it would have been worth it for the view if he could see past the storm. He was forbidden to go outside in freak weather like this, as it was even too strong for the windmill, but today he was alone. Alone, besides his robotic companion. A re-purposed Ancient Gear Beast discovered by his father was presented to him last year, on his 17th birthday, and had made for a strong companion thus far. His growl disappeared into the wind, but Lacun could see some distress in his mechanical eyes. This was utterly confusing, as nothing less than a tornado would even scratch it as far as the wind was concerned, and even then it would have had a difficult job.

The shrill clank of gears rolling into each other intensified until Lacun could hear it. Perhaps his automaton had noticed something he hadn't. What was there about the wind that made it different to normal? There was something about it. Lacun could see colours, no more. Grey beast. Green grass. White sky. A dart of blue. Silver wind. That sudden blur of colour that flushed past; that was not meant to be seen. Something was hiding in plain sight, flickering with the same speed as the wind to remain out of visibility. Lacun saw another blast of colour and immediately locked his eyes to it. Some kind of creature, not just debris blown by the oncoming gale.

But what was it?

What is this card?

Story Quiz 2Lx6olA

more_horiz
harpie lady duh

more_horiz
As I said, I'm not against the idea itself. I just don't think we could make it consistent.

more_horiz
Anzo ò_ó wrote:
As I said, I'm not against the idea itself. I just don't think we could make it consistent.

more_horiz
What do you mean "consistent"? Either you underestimate my ability to write, or you don't think I can keep a deadline. I'll do the second exactly 24 hours after that one, even though I'd suggest the actual thing at 1 or 2 specific days a week

Also, note that these aren't going to be as difficult as the real thing would be. It's an example of how I could work the puzzles into the story, and not an attempt at turning the topic into "Everyone take 1 guess and spam". It has to be difficult enough that people might disagree with each other rather than all following one guy.

more_horiz
Okay, I'll be blunt here.

You leave this place, and you go somewhere else because 'we don't have what you're seeking' and when you fail to meet success elsewhere you come back and expect us to hire you once again out of the blue? No offense, that is not happening.

If you're considering staying this time, then I'd suggest you kick-off by being around more often and more active, only then we could have you on our team. For now, you'll have to enjoy the advantages of being an Obelisk Blue member for a while.

more_horiz
I'm not expecting you to hire me. I'm expecting you to let me run a quiz and make it vaguely official. I'm 90% sure my ATAD was back when I was not a member of staff and that was sufficiently endorsed as to get its own section. This is no different to me.

Also, that quote about failing to have what I seek? I never said that and never would. The one reason I went was obligation towards Naito.

more_horiz
If you're willing to run this as a normal member then I have no objections. We could make a sub-section for this an assign a staffer to keep the forum clean as well.

more_horiz
That would suit things perfectly.

more_horiz
If need be I'll handle this with jj :3

I reall do enjoy these

more_horiz
Okay, have another admin setup things for you two.

more_horiz
Jjh wants to be staff again, fire Jv...

more_horiz
Do you even read Galak.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Jjh wants to be staff again, fire Jv...

Anzo tell galaksii the good news now, you know: he thinks he will be staffer next month too.

more_horiz
Are you two a married couple in real life?

more_horiz
As it is for me, they can fire me right now, Jv. That wouldn't make me as upset as it would make you...

more_horiz
Bye galaksii-eyes non assitant dragon :'(

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:

Yet...
Anzu loves me more than you so don't cry pls

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Jv1391 wrote:

Yet...
Anzu loves me more than you so don't cry pls

Story Quiz 2508409715

more_horiz
For the record, I do have the second part, but it's obviously a better idea to have this as a 3 part story under the format I intend to see whether people actually care enough to answer when it's in a topic/harder.

more_horiz
Section is made

more_horiz
For the record id be very interested in something like this.

more_horiz
So, I kinda didn't understand your last post. Is there something else you need?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply