Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRequest to remove the user location map EmptyRequest to remove the user location map

more_horiz
I have a request to make.

could this link/page be removed please: http://www.duelacademy.net/viewonline. 

(that link don't work, but you can go under: "who is online"? and you click: "view the whole list")

It's a violation of my privacy rights. Not to be a law shark or anything, but i just do not like the idea that people can see where i live just because i play a game. Not that people who play Yu-Gi-Oh! are bad people, but Random/Guests people can come on this website and utilize that map.
 :Off topic:I mean i can tell "Anzo" lives close to the Euphrates river  (salam alaekum brother; i'm a muslim too). 
          We all heard about the 7 year old boy who was killed because he killed this dude 7 times on Call of DUTY. the guy tracked his IP and went to his house and murdered him. I need my security to be assured. PLEASE. 
          I don't want to come on the forum and have my location broadcasted. please take it out. it's a request, if there is a reason you won't take it out; let me know, maybe i can reason with you. but if there isn't: then please do me a favor and protect our privacy.

Last edited by CrimzonSlayeRx on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspell)

descriptionRequest to remove the user location map EmptyRe: Request to remove the user location map

more_horiz
Only Staff Members are able to see your IP address. Also, we cannot disable that feature anyways, forumotion doesn't give us that option.

descriptionRequest to remove the user location map EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Using that map you dnt need an IP, u already have the street name and house number u dnt need an IP. 

Just gonna ask: could the right to view that particular page be changed? maybe to staff? and make it unaccessibe by others?

descriptionRequest to remove the user location map EmptyRe: Request to remove the user location map

more_horiz
That is a possible option.

But consider this: if someone really were to trace you back to your location, he would not require us to make this information visible to them. It's a valid request, I agree with you, but there are ways beyond this to trace your IP.

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
That is a possible option.

But consider this: if someone really were to trace you back to your location, he would not require us to make this information visible to them. It's a valid request, I agree with you, but there are ways beyond this to trace your IP.

Glad to see i wasn't ignored.
 i just saw this feature and i was shocked to see that is showed my city, street and exactly which house i lived in. (if you switched to "satellite view")

Most people might not take this seriously since this is a topic that can easily be overlooked. "no one wants to know where u live". 

But i'm just glad that u're gonna try to do something.

more_horiz
I must have this so I can see what you people are doing at nights and I stalk your family and shit ya know...

more_horiz
To avoid trolls momentanely I Moved it to Staff.

It seems you ignore the Map too anzo.
Maybe no one saw it before why clicking in who is online :V
HE's talking about this and even Guest can access it.

Request to remove the user location map AmYZBco

more_horiz
In my case since my provider uses a Public Ip Location for all users (i have Fastweb)

It is not a problem.

But for some people it actually display IRL position

Request to remove the user location map HAUuiF0

more_horiz
I must say the map you gave doesn't even remotely look like the place or street where I live lel

more_horiz
Well when I checked it my location is about 400miles off lmao Request to remove the user location map 3974120512

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
In my case since my provider uses a Public Ip Location for all users (i have Fastweb)

It is not a problem.

But for some people it actually display IRL position

Request to remove the user location map HAUuiF0

Request to remove the user location map AhINnKX

Is that an eye?!
I knew you were in this Iluminati shit, big boi O:

more_horiz
You guys have no real clue how technology works, do you...

more_horiz
You shouldn't have moved this to staff section, now he cannot check the topic for further replies. I'll move it back.

On the topic: I still don't believe this is a way to change the way the map works, Irate said there might be something, but I don't know it myself - I'll have to further ask Irate about this.

Nonetheless, If you have a grudge against someone, or if someone has a grudge against you, there is multiple methods for that individual to seek your residence address. 

I looked through the AP and I couldn't find a way to disable it. If it bothers you that much then I'd suggest you stop playing video games all together, and I'm not even being sarcastic. If someone was truly bothered by you OTKing him or something and he wannet to come to your house and do something then he wouldn't even need to look at the map below. Have you tried Google-ing things such as "How can someone trace someone else's IPs" or "How can someone trace down another person's address". The results these two sentences provides alone should make anyone able to pin down any person on the planet - If i were you i wouldn't worry about it that much.

more_horiz
Note: The only reason is defending keepng the map is to track children and touch them at night

more_horiz
lol, ok since there is nothing you can do about it, and i am not quitting DA or YGO any time now, Anzo-sir. you are still misunderstanding the main point, but that doesn't matter. i was hoping to bring this to everyone's attention. and now that u know, i can back off this topic.

more_horiz
I'm not misunderstanding anything, in fact i totally understand it. However, I'm a realistic person. I find it hard to believe someone will actually come visit your house - huh, i say visit - because you won him over in a duel. However, there is really nothing we can do about that map. Forumotion put it there, and only they can remove it - as far as i know.

more_horiz
not sure what the problem is? are you afraid if someone knows your general location they will come and rape you in the night? because most of the time the guy will go to the wrong house, its not like it gives your address or anything, so rest assured it will be some other boy getting molested not you

or is it you are afraid someone will be prejudice against you if they see your location? if that's the case than don't be stupid, that is a dumb fear

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
not sure what the problem is? are you afraid if someone knows your general location they will come and rape you in the night? because most of the time the guy will go to the wrong house, its not like it gives your address or anything, so rest assured it will be some other boy getting molested not you

or is it you are afraid someone will be prejudice against you if they see your location? if that's the case than don't be stupid, that is a dumb fear

That's excactly what @Mr.Kandy and I am doing and they should be afraid, it's nice to be afraid..

more_horiz
well good thing you have a partner, you will need to molest a lot of kids before you get to the right one

more_horiz
Also I wanted to mention, that the map doesn't show your exact location. As far as I know, it shows the location of your internet provider. Like in my case it shows I am in Riga (Latvia's capital) while I actually am 200 kilometres away from the place.

more_horiz
LòKóS wrote:
Also I wanted to mention, that the map doesn't show your exact location. As far as I know, it shows the location of your internet provider. Like in my case it shows I am in Riga (Latvia's capital) while I actually am 200 kilometres away from the place.

I said it too. But the guy said it showed is internet connection, maybe he was using is Phone as hotspot or similar

more_horiz
This topic seems to have served its purpose, I'll go on and lock it. @CrimzonSlayeRx If you still want to further talk you could PM me.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply