Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionReturning to the Game EmptyReturning to the Game

more_horiz
Hello everyone! After about a 4 year hiatus from the Yugioh TCG I've decided I might as well come back and see what's new and if I'm still decent.

A little about myself personally: 
Currently a senior in high school, going to study a science-related subject in college. Took/taking rigorous courses in high school (AP, honors, and the likes). However, I still make time for athletics, of which I run, swim, and lift weights 7 days a week. Even with all of this, I still make time for video games, playing Steam games such as ARMA III, Ace of Spades, Day Z, Payday 2, The Long Dark, and many other games (just ask if you want my Steam name). Among my other hobbies are Netflix (obviously  Rolling Eyes), writing books, and storm chasing. Oh, I also have a thing for the smart phone game Puzzle and Dragons, and would be absolutely stoked if anyone else here also played it. 

On my Yugioh TCG background:
Began playing Yugioh when I was something like 4 years old (when it came out in the US basically). My brothers got me into it, and I enjoyed playing, even though I was almost always on the losing end of the duel, as they were older and smarter than me. The last time I played was when they just added either synchro or XYZ monsters. When I did play on DN, I used either a Lightsworn deck or a custom morphtronics deck and got pretty proficient in bluntly beating my opponents senseless with both of them. 

However, with time, and by cramming my brain full of Calculus, physics, and the likes, I've forgotten quite a bit about the YGOTCG, and could use some refreshing. So if anyone has any links to some guides, it would be much appreciated. I would really appreciate a guide on deck building in general. 

Overall, I'm pretty excited to be here and to get back into the game, as well as to make some new friends to have a good time with. Feel free to ask me any questions!

-Hyperion

descriptionReturning to the Game EmptyRe: Returning to the Game

more_horiz
Welcome to Duel Academy.

Be sure to read our guide! 

( http://www.duelacademy.net/h9-da-guide )

I hope you enjoy your time here. 

more_horiz
Thank you for the link! I already read the guide however, but I decided to re-read it again. 

To add on to my main post, I also wouldn't mind a duel buddy who I could learn to duel again with, mainly because I want to become proficient again before playing any strangers to avoid causing anyone unnecessary stress. So if anyone would want to help me relearn, feel free to shout out!

more_horiz
As someone who recently came back to the game after a long period away, I know the struggle. I'd be happy to help you out! ^^

First and foremost I highly recommend having a read of the latest version of the rulebook, you can download it here;

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/

more_horiz
Welcome to DA! Stay active and get involved Wink

If we happen to be online together at some point and im not busy I will be happy to help you refresh yourself on playing and go through things with you. But the main thing check out the official rule book because there have been a few changes over recent times (Pendulum manics, No first turn draw....). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

more_horiz
Oh dear that is a long intro...

Welcome to Duel Academy Smile If ya need any help feel free to ask Wink

descriptionReturning to the Game EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Hyperion wrote:
Hello everyone! After about a 4 year hiatus from the Yugioh TCG I've decided I might as well come back and see what's new and if I'm still decent.

A little about myself personally: 
Currently a senior in high school, going to study a science-related subject in college. Took/taking rigorous courses in high school (AP, honors, and the likes). However, I still make time for athletics, of which I run, swim, and lift weights 7 days a week. Even with all of this, I still make time for video games, playing Steam games such as ARMA III, Ace of Spades, Day Z, Payday 2, The Long Dark, and many other games (just ask if you want my Steam name). Among my other hobbies are Netflix (obviously  Rolling Eyes), writing books, and storm chasing. Oh, I also have a thing for the smart phone game Puzzle and Dragons, and would be absolutely stoked if anyone else here also played it. 

On my Yugioh TCG background:
Began playing Yugioh when I was something like 4 years old (when it came out in the US basically). My brothers got me into it, and I enjoyed playing, even though I was almost always on the losing end of the duel, as they were older and smarter than me. The last time I played was when they just added either synchro or XYZ monsters. When I did play on DN, I used either a Lightsworn deck or a custom morphtronics deck and got pretty proficient in bluntly beating my opponents senseless with both of them. 

However, with time, and by cramming my brain full of Calculus, physics, and the likes, I've forgotten quite a bit about the YGOTCG, and could use some refreshing. So if anyone has any links to some guides, it would be much appreciated. I would really appreciate a guide on deck building in general. 

Overall, I'm pretty excited to be here and to get back into the game, as well as to make some new friends to have a good time with. Feel free to ask me any questions!

-Hyperion

Welcome to the group :D , Great duelists, friends, and discussions are around here.

So just be active, have fun , and ask me for a duel whenever I am around :D 

You can find me in the chat, where the parties r xD .

~~~ The White Knight ~~~

more_horiz
Hi. Enjoy, sign up, hate, duel.

<3

more_horiz
Welcome to DA. I see you've already been informed by others on what to do. Hope you have fun Wink

more_horiz
Yeah I'll be sure to enjoy myself on here, and thank you for the welcome everyone! Does anyone know of a deck-building guide I could go and check out?

more_horiz
I write one not long ago but we deleted the section it was in lol
I will PM it to you when I get on my pc

more_horiz
Thanks for the help Roach! I can't wait to read the guide!

more_horiz
Welcome to DA. Have fun and stay active.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply