Fire Vassals. Winner of December 2014 Pro Decklist Tournament. By Juelz.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Format: TCG Banlist October 2014.

I know everyone likes a good fried chicken. So I decided to run my favorite archetype Fire King Avatars and I must say its a very fun deck to play with. There's that or I just like setting monsters on fire.

You may think to yourself, why is he running a Fire King deck in a format that's dominated by Burning Abyss? Well the answer is very clear, I like a challenge and I enjoy a good match. Besides, its the best feeling when you're winning with a rogue deck. 

The strategy of the deck is very simple. By destroying your Fire King Avatars via card effects or monster destructions you can have the all mighty, Supreme Spicy Chicken, High Avatar Garunix Looping; destroying every monster in its way. Once you have all the pieces you need, the field is yours to conquer.

Fire King High Avatar Garunix is a supreme fire bird plus Boss Monster of the archetype, that when destroyed by a card effect it has the ability to revive itself during the next standby phase and destroy every monster on the field except if self. If you already have a Garunix, let the looping begin. One Garunix will destroy the other every turn creating an infinite loop of destruction.

Fire King Avatar Barong Searches for any Fire King Card in the deck when it is destroyed by a card effect during the next standby phase and he has the ability to special summon itself when a fire king monster is destroyed, except during the damage step. 

Fire King Avatar Yaksha can destroy a monster in the hand when it is destroyed either by battle or card effect (which goes hand in hand with Garunix/Barong) as well as having the ability to special summon itself when a Fire King monster is destroyed except during the damage step. run 3

Coach soldier Wolfbark can special summon a fire beast-warrior monster from the graveyard giving you access to rank 4 plays and circle of the fire king shenanigans. 

Circle of the Fire Kings lets you destroy a face up Fire monster on the field and then special summon a fire monster from the grave yard. You can use it to dodge problematic cards such D. Prison or destroying your fire king to get off the effect. You must have a monster in the graveyard!

Onslaught of the Fire Kings Lets you special a Fire Beast, Beast-warrior, or wing-beast type monster from your deck if your opponent controls a monster, but it is destroyed during the end phase. Sounds Great right? Well it is because you can trigger barong, yaksha, or garunix. Bring Garunix out for sure, but make sure your opponent has a monster on the field noob.

Fire Formation - Tenki is god sent! We have a rota with a 100 atk boost of course. Tenki allows you to add a beast-warriors from your deck to your hand. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Generation Shift is one of my favorite tech cards or should i say stable of the deck. Generation Shift targets and destroys one monster you control to let you add another copy of the monster you destroyed. So we get our effects of for free and we get to plus. Shift is chainable which means you can dodge a lot of situational cards or you can activate this in your opponent's endphase with barong to get things going. 

Call of the Haunted is by far one of my favorite cards in the deck. YOU KNOW WHAT IT DOES! However, what’s good about the card in this deck is that you can revive Wolfbark for rank 4 plays and you can also chain COTH to mst etc.. and get your Fire Kings eff off.

Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon is being used because he is a big beatstick that can take down Qlips! XD

Basic combos may include: 

Onslaught + Yaksha + Tenki/Barong 

Onslaught + Garunix + Tenki/Barong

Alternative plays if you don’t have a circle or can’t use it:

Shift + Barong/Tenki (Usually first turn set up)

Shift + Yaksha + Garunix

All you need is either of the above and two extra defensive or offensive cards and you are ready to blow it up.

GG’s