Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionOk So I'm Intrigued By LoL EmptyOk So I'm Intrigued By LoL

more_horiz
So apparently a few seconds of live stream were enough to make my head turn. I know almost nothing about LoL, most of what was said on the stream went straight over my head. However I like it...somehow.

So in short tell me anything I could need to know about this, give me links to anything useful. Bombard me with LoL information, I want to learn this as quickly as possible.

descriptionOk So I'm Intrigued By LoL EmptyRe: Ok So I'm Intrigued By LoL

more_horiz
It has started!
#LoLing2014

more_horiz
I'm worried as I may begin to run out of free time if I get addicted to this as well as YGO. Sleep may have to go entirely! Ok So I'm Intrigued By LoL 3974120512

more_horiz
Look up Ciderhelm.

more_horiz
I'll fill you with my challenger-level experience, minion.

There is +120 champion in the game. Each champion have 4 abilities, 3 normal (with cooldowns) and one ultimate (with +1 minute cooldown, some has 3 minutes if they're overpowered). Each team has 5 players, for 5 different roles: Tank, Jungler, Mid-laner, ADC, and Support.

Tank is that fella on your team that can take a lot of damage, he's the one who's always on front blocking damage for other squishy team members such as your ADC and Mid-laner. Jungler is that fella that helps other lanes to win their lane by "ganking" their lane. Mid-laner is an Assassin or Mage role, rarely Fighter, but still counts. Mid-laner job is to sit in the middle of the fight, not in front nor in the back, and assassinate their ADC or any squishy other target he can reach if the ADC is positioned far. ADC is a short for Attack Damage Carry, It's the most important role on your team, basically, in the first 20 to 25 minute of the game you farm minions to get enough gold once you get enough Items you can then start doing well in team fights, because your auto-attack can deal tons of damage, but the ADC champs are rather squishy so they're protected by other team members. Support is that dude that make plays mid-game where they land CC (Crowd Control) and the team follow up on them.

There is tons of Items you can buy in-game, It take literally few games to start learning what Items to buy. There is tons of items, yes, but more than 70% of them are crap, everyone uses the other 30% left in the game which make it easier to learn how to Itemize your build.

That's the short version, if you need to learn more start playing the game yourself or watch live stream on Twitch.

more_horiz
Yh I'm slowly picking it up from various videos. I never knew how complex this could get though. I think I'll just have to do some test runs vs AI to pick it up with any effect. Thanks for the advice so far though guys! Smile

more_horiz
It's not hard to get a hang on it, it's hard to start playing the game at high level as you need to calculate everything what is going on, you got to be able to know when and how your opponent is going to use what, watching people play while commentating is a god way of learning, you should not ever have a god complex in this game, remember that

more_horiz
Yh I'm trying to bypass the noob stage entirely as I hate being a noob at games. Not sure how well it will work for me but oh well. I am enjoying the live stream though, picking up their tactics is hard but I'm slowly getting there!

more_horiz
spottysn1per has just lost his life guys. He's gone.

more_horiz
We did it!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply