Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[LoL] Itemization  Empty[LoL] Itemization

more_horiz
Sup.

So, I've been maining Support for a while now. My top supports are Karma, Morgana, Nami, and Braum -- Thresh and Leona fell off the list two patches ago imo.

Anyway, I've been going the with the same itemization for about 3 months now despite the changes to the items and stuff.

For AP based supports such as Karma or Morgana, my final built is something like this:

- {1} Frost Queen's Claim > {2}Ruby Sightstone > {3} Boots of Mobility > {4} Zhonya's Hourglass > {5} Frozen Heart > {6} Quicksilver Sash

This build has been working fine, It all depends how well my team can react to my initiation or pings.

Still, I'd like to know if there is a better root to follow after the new changes to the game, the recent ones. I'm not fan of the new items they made for supports, and I'm not a fan of 'Locket of the Iron Solari' or 'Mikale's Crucible' either, many support players still build these but their stats isn't worth from what I've experienced.

/Discuss

description[LoL] Itemization  EmptyRe: [LoL] Itemization

more_horiz
frozen = RoA or banshees veil, you gotta get in there close enough with tons of hp to land your ult

as for karma, frozen is good for the cdr but I like to put rylai for the late game dmg + hp and extra slow, just a thought

never exclude locket too

more_horiz
I have my own specific way of building Thresh. I go with 4-4-22 masteries, picking up CDR from offense, HP Regen and +5% bonus Armor and MR (because Thresh's passive) as well as 22 points in utility, distribute those however you want to, but be sure to grab 5% CDR and 10% CDR for activated items.

Item-wise, I usually start with Relic Shield and 4 Pots, if we're invading I buy 2 Pots and a real ward.
I then go update Relic Shield to Targon's Brace ASAP (unless I have exactly 800 Gold for Sightstone), and go Sightstone into Mobility Boots. Once laning phase is over, I sell Targon's Brace and rush towards Talisman of Ascension, giving us a total20% CDR, then I build towards Locket and Mikael's for the team utility and extra CDR, if we complete these two items, we get 40% CDR for maximum hook spam. Afterwards I pick up Randuin's Omen and Spirit Visage, if I have enough Gold.

more_horiz
[LoL] Itemization  Gems_c64b65_4806363

Follow this build and you should be good.

description[LoL] Itemization  EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
[LoL] Itemization  Gems_c64b65_4806363

Follow this build and you should be good.

HAHAHAHAHAHA legendary :D

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
I have my own specific way of building Thresh. I go with 4-4-22 masteries, picking up CDR from offense, HP Regen and +5% bonus Armor and MR (because Thresh's passive) as well as 22 points in utility, distribute those however you want to, but be sure to grab 5% CDR and 10% CDR for activated items.

Item-wise, I usually start with Relic Shield and 4 Pots, if we're invading I buy 2 Pots and a real ward.
I then go update Relic Shield to Targon's Brace ASAP (unless I have exactly 800 Gold for Sightstone), and go Sightstone into Mobility Boots. Once laning phase is over, I sell Targon's Brace and rush towards Talisman of Ascension, giving us a total20% CDR, then I build towards Locket and Mikael's for the team utility and extra CDR, if we complete these two items, we get 40% CDR for maximum hook spam. Afterwards I pick up Randuin's Omen and Spirit Visage, if I have enough Gold.

Well, this itemization only works with Thresh and Leona i presume. They don't need to do damage and they need the CDR to land their CC more frequently in team fights. Even though Supports aren't required to do damage, It's still a waste not building AP alongside support Items with using an AP support, specially with champions such as Karma and Morgana, Karma's R+Q combo and Morgana's R-E-Q abilities all can deal a decent amount of damage which could really set the pace early game, before you hit the 25 minute mark where you focus on tankyness instead of damage.

more_horiz
Itemization is huge x.x

I tried this on Nami and it seemed to work. There is probably more to add but I liked this.
[LoL] Itemization  A9621a9335

I would have probably traded Big ice wand for a big sun shield ;o

I normally do Frozen heart on Leona, Braum, Taric, and Thresh. On squishy supports it's a meh item cuz you just instantly pop.
Some items just work on tanks best. Others help with self healing. Like a vissage would be great on Nami, karma, Taric, etc.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply