Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

World Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
Atlus
UniqueHope
Anzo
Train Heartnet
Skitoritto
TDS
faervel
ApexDuelist
Black*5tar
psychoturtle
Galaksii
Jin Kazama
16 posters

descriptionWorld Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings - Page 2 EmptyWorld Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

As I mentioned yesterday, there was a little twist that I had in store for you players. If and of you have watched Survivor, you have seen that there are certain rules for challenges and competitions. I have elected NOT to add any of these so-called twists.

However, I will be adding a small, mini twist into the competition. Those of you who have watched Survivor: Redemption Island probably know what I'm about to introduce.

As a competitor, even if you lose, you are not truly out of this tournament. If you are at the bottom of your group, but you play a match, you are sent to REDEMPTION ISLAND.

What is Redemption Island, you might ask?

Just because you lose in your group does not mean that you are out of this competition. The reason I have done this is because it takes many, many qualifiers to determine who gets to compete for the World Cup. The more you win, the better your odds are of making the finals.

BUT. Everyone has a poor group performance some days, and everyone who plays a match shows to me that they want to win this competition, regardless of how they do in groups. This gives you a chance to go from out to back in.

One more thing: Redemption Island will remain in effect until we have too few competitors to warrant it remaining in play, or we have zero interest in competing for the chance to win a tournament for your country. If you don't show the effort, I don't see any reason to keep it in play, and I will NOT bog this tournament down with lackluster activity.

Group A
----------
Galaksii - Montenegro - Galaksii#2 - +1

Phoenix Wright - England - jjh927 - 0

Powernova - United States - Powernova - -5

Train Heartnet - Bulgaria - Archer - +2

Group B
----------
Psychoturtle - Croatia - IamPsychoturtle - +1

Black*5tar - United States - Black*5tar - -4

Faervel - Iran - Fearthurin - + 3.5

Group C
----------
Denden Mushi - Sweden - Dendenmushi - +1

Naito Raizu - England - ChaosSilverAKA - -8

Centrik - China - k. Lord - +7

Luna - United States - Archtype=Luna - -5

Group D
----------
Billy-Devine - Egypt - Billy1o1 - +2

ApexDuelist - Venezuela - Angelo Dragoon - -5

UniqueHope - Estonia - UniqueHope - +3

Whatup Nab - Saudi Arabia - Whatup Nab - -5

Group E
----------
Kurpel - Bulgaria - Kurpel - +1

Hidalgo (TM!) - Serbia - Skitoritto - +1
Darshaqnf - United States - Darshaqnf - -5
Atlus - Egypt - Atlus - +2

Group F
----------
TDS - Jordan - amer123 - +2

Nuran - United States - (DX)Nuran - -5

Anzobuse - Iraq - Mayrus - +3

You have until August 3rd at midnight to complete these matches. The top 2 competitors from each group will advance. Others? Redemption Island awaits.

descriptionWorld Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings - Page 2 EmptyRe: World Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings

more_horiz
Beat anzo 2-0 ggs gottta start somewhereee

descriptionWorld Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings - Page 2 EmptyRe: World Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings

more_horiz
confirm both

descriptionWorld Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings - Page 2 EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Luna won against Naito 2-1.

World Cup: Round 2, Group Pairings - Page 2 MzCu7uB

Centrik doesn't seem to have the time at netcafes to duel and Denden... no idea how to get into touch with him. Can't find him online on DN, already sent him a PM last week with no reply.

Last edited by Luna on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Confirmed. That was a great game. : 3

more_horiz
If you can read this, I will have the matches posted tomorrow. If you play between now and then, and you post here, I'll include it.

Deadline: 11 AM DA Time

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply