Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionChivalry EmptyChivalry

more_horiz
Activate only during the Battle Phase, when the effect of an opponent's Effect Monster is activated. Negate the activation and destroy that card.

Would this card, if used successfully, cause a replay if the effect was by the monster that was battling?

descriptionChivalry EmptyRe: Chivalry

more_horiz
If the attack target is no longer on the field after Chivalry's effect resolves it will cause a replay allowing you to choose another attack target and/or attack directly.

descriptionChivalry EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Right, thanks, this card might have some hidden merit

more_horiz
Right? And I just found it on eBay for $5.30.  Smile 

more_horiz
That's a bit much don't you think..

more_horiz
That's just for the Ulti Rare.The cheapest I found for the Ultra is $2.88. And both are free shipping.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
If the attack target is no longer on the field after Chivalry's effect resolves it will cause a replay allowing you to choose another attack target and/or attack directly.

It doesn't actually matter if it's the attack target that's no longer on the field, does it? For instance, if you were attacking a monster and your opponent had a Utopia on the field, and you used this card, then the number of potential attack targets on your opponent's side of the field would still have changed, causing a replay. Just nitpicking.

more_horiz
A better example is if you attacked a face-down Ryko with Utopia and had a face-down Chivalry. Activating Chivalry in this example would cause a replay. I know, I've talked to my friends who are a hell lot smarter than me when it comes to things like this.

more_horiz
How would that be a better example? It doesn't matter what the other monster is unless you magically know what the face down is after you've declared an attack when you clearly can't have known beforehand.

The thing to say here is that that card will almost always cause a replay.

more_horiz
Phoenix Wright wrote:
How would that be a better example? It doesn't matter what the other monster is unless you magically know what the face down is after you've declared an attack when you clearly can't have known beforehand.

The thing to say here is that that card will almost always cause a replay.

"almost always" is an overstatement, as many monsters have effects that activate after Damage Calculation, meaning that in case Chivalry is used to negate, say, Ryko's effect, then a replay will not happen again.

more_horiz
The main thing this card is used for is against bujins n honest in which case there wont be a replay, i was just trying to get more out of the card

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply