AUTHOR NOTES: I'll be writing from first person instead of third person from now on.

The Beginning of the N: Chapter 39
The Beginning of the N: Chapter 39 334q3kl
Anthea, Goddess of Love

My name is Anthea Harmonia, Goddess of Love, and the second child of my father, Ghetsis. I've always deeply loved my little brother, N. You could say I even love him more than just as a little brother. Father always kept him locked up in his room, with only abused Pokemon to keep him company, and me and Concordia were allowed in his room. He was a living example of a caged bird. Sometimes his face would be so expressionless, he looked like a lifeless, abandoned doll. I couldn't endure seeing him like that, so I always spent as much time as I was allowed in his room with him, and sometimes even got a crazy idea like trying to take him to my room, which always resulted in father finding out, and punishing us. N usually got the worst punishment, unless Concordia took the blame, which she did most of the time.

My older sister, Concordia, has always been very caring and over protective with me and N. If N wanted to do something that she knew father wouldn't approve of, she would try to talk him out of it, but he would always argue back. I always took his side on everything, because it was so unfair how restricted he was, and I wanted him to be happy. With both her younger siblings arguing against her, Concordia always had to give up, and let N do whatever it was he was trying to do. Father found out almost every time, which always resulted in punishment. Concordia would usually take the blame, saying it was her idea and that she told us it would be okay, which caused her to always receive severe punishment. I don't know what father would do to her, but he always dragged her into his room, locking the door behind him. It was very weird and scary, since he never did anything like that to me or N. I feel really bad for her, since it would never have even been her fault to begin with.

After Ghetsis would finish punishing her, Concordia wouldn't seem like herself anymore. She'd sometimes yell at me over simple stuff, even tho she would normally never yell. She would also slap me sometimes too, and she'd go to N's room as little as possible. When she wouldn't be being mean, she would have the same empty expression on her face that N would have sometimes, looking just like a lifeless, abandoned doll, and sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night and hear her crying. It was kinda scary to be around her when she was like this, so I stayed in N's room a lot more than usual.

Thinking back on it, I realize how fortunate I was compared to my little brother and big sister. I was a terrible sister to Concordia, but if I wasn't, I'd have to side against N, which would make me a bad older sister to him. That's right...I've always been in the middle, but compared to them, I am very fortunate. The one and only thing I've always wanted was to have a normal, happy relationship with my brother and sister. That was the main reason for me joining N on his journey. Now that we're no longer birds in a cage, we should be able to make happy, loving memories together.

10 years ago...

Father has been scolding us for at least half an hour now, and I don't even remember why. Sometimes he'd just get really angry at us even if we didn't do anything wrong. Concordia is, of course, taking the blame, even though she didn't do anything wrong. N is behind me, clinging tightly to my waist, and crying. I'm also crying and hiding behind Concordia, while she takes all the blame, until Ghetsis is finally done scolding us, and drags her away.

“It's okay now, N-chan, it's okay.” I say, hugging him tightly. He sobbed into my should for a while.

“Annie onee-chan, why does Connie nee-san always take the blame for stuff that isn't her fault?” he asked. He always asked a lot of questions.

“She just wants to protect us. She must feel that's her duty as the oldest.” I replied, still hugging him.

“What is father going to do to her? It isn't fair! She hasn't done anything! Why do we always let her take all the blame?” he said, in his unnaturally fast way of talking.

“N-chan, calm down...onee-san isn't weak like us, she'll be okay.” I said.

“It's not fair it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair...” he kept repeating.

Nothing I'd say would calm him down right now, so I went back to me and Concordia's room. After a while, I was back to my happy go lucky self.  I had been making a tower with a deck of cards, when half an hour later, Concordia came in, with that broken, lifeless expression on her face, then she glared fiercely at me. I was too happy with my tower of cards to really notice, and was about to put the final one on top, when Concordia kicked them all down. I stared at the falling cards in shock.

“Onee-san! Why did you knock over my tower?! It took me forever to get it that high! Why would you do something so mean?!” she ignored me, and sat down on her bed, staring unpleasantly at me.

“Now I have to start all over...” I complained, and started making my tower all over.

Once again, when I was just one card away from finishing it, Concordia kicked it over.

“Onee-san!!!” I yelled and started crying.

“Stop whining!” she shouted at me, then pulled me towards her by my hair.

“Ow! Ow! You're hurting me! Stop, please!”

She slapped my face a few times, and pushed me down. She then sat back down, still glaring at me. Why is she being so mean? I didn't even do anything! If I had been the cause of her getting in trouble, I would understand why she'd be mad at me, but I didn't even do anything this time! There's no reason for her to be mad at me! Unless she just really hates me...

I ran out of our room, and back to N's room. Him and Zorua were playing with his train set, and looked like they were having fun. I sat down on his skateboard ramp, hugging my knees and crying softly.

“Annie onee-chan...?” said N, coming over to me.

“Don't mind me, N-chan, I'm fine.”

Zorua hopped onto my shoulder, licking my face, and N sat down next to me. They cheered me up pretty fast. When I was feeling better, we played with his train set together, and were having a lot of fun, until...Concordia came in. She glared at us, which made me freeze up in fear, but N and Zorua kept happily playing. Concordia then started taking apart the tracks and throwing them at the wall. N stared at her silently, clearly surprised at what she was doing.

“Onee-san, please stop! N-chan hasn't done anything wrong! Why are you being so mean?!” she completely ignored me, and continued until the train tracks were completely took apart, then she left.

“Annie onee-chan...why did Connie onee-san do that...?” asked N.
I hugged him tightly, crying into his shoulder.
“She's mean! She's mean and she hates us! And I...I hate her too!!!” I cried.

I slowly started hating her each time she did something like this, but I always forgave her when she was her normal self again.

…..................................................................................................................................................................

Where am I?” Last thing I remember, I had saved N and Concordia from drowning.
I quickly realized I was in a hospital room in the Pokecenter, and my clothes had been replaced with a hospital gown. I wonder how I got here, there's no way any random person who saw the three of us unconscious would help us, since we're Team Plasma. N and Concordia must be here too. I was about to get out of my hospital bed and look for them, when a nurse came in.

“Where are my brother and sister?” I asked immediately.

“A-ah, in their hospital rooms...” the nurse seemed frightened. Understandable, she's taking care of Team Plasma.

“Take me to my little brother, right now.” I said.

“Miss, I don't think you should be walking around...” said the nurse.

“I'm fine. Just take me to my little brother.”

“Alright...”

She took me to N's hospital room, where he was lying in his hospital bed, either sleeping or still unconscious, his wounds were covered by bandages, and his clothes had also been replaced by a hospital gown.

“Is he...alright?” I asked.

“He should be alright with more rest.” replied the nurse.

I sat down on his bed, and started shaking him violently.

“I don't think you should wake him up...!” said the nurse.

“You're annoying. Can you please leave? I want some time alone with my little brother.” I said.

Without saying anything else, the nurse left. She must've been glad to get away.
I shook N a bit more until he finally woke up.

“H-huh?” he sat up quickly, looking around. “Oh, Anthea. What happened? Last thing I remember, me and Zoroark fell into the ocean...” he said.

Without replying to him, I hugged him fiercely, softly sobbing into his shoulder. “I'm so glad you're alive.” I said.

N's eyes went wide, and he was blushing. I suddenly realized we were both only wearing hospital gowns, and I was hugging him so tightly...oh my god! He must have really felt my boobs! I pushed away from, blushing deep red, and looking away from him to hide my embarrassment. We were both silent for a while, until he suddenly started clutching at his bandaged eye.

“Huh? Are you okay, N-chan?”

“I'm fine...my eye's just...ah!” he said, still clutching onto his eye.

“Let me see it.” I moved his hand, and started taking the bandages off of it.

“H-Hey! What are you doing?!”

“Relax, they're just bandages, they can go back on” I said, and gently placed my hand on his eye.
I didn't really know what I was trying to do, but I just kept my hand on his eye for a few minutes, and then suddenly my hand started glowing, and so did N's eye. We both gasped in shock, but I kept my hand there. When my hand and his eye stopped glowing, I slowly moved my hand away, and noticed that the wounds on his eye were all gone.

“Anthea, what did you...” N said, in complete shock.

I didn't say anything, unable to believe what just happened. Me, N, and Concordia could all always talk to Pokemon, which is something no humans can do, but N could also connect his heart to Pokemon's, and summon them to him. I always thought all me and Concordia could do was talk to Pokemon, but it seems I also have some strange power. I guess we really aren't human.
There was an awkward silence for a while, so I decided to change the subject.

“I wonder where the Pokemon are.” I said.

N suddenly jumped up. “Ah! That's right! Zoroark! Where's Zoroark? Is he okay?! Zoroark!!!”

…I should've known it was a bad idea to say something like that. “N, calm down. I'm sure the Pokemon are all being treated well...” I said.
I looked around the room a bit, and noticed that his normal clothes were folded neatly on the table. Mine must be in my hospital room too.

“N, just, uh, get dressed! You can't be running about in that gown!” I said, and threw his clothes at him, then ran out and back to my hospital room, where I changed back into my normal clothes.

When I went back to N's room, he was sitting on the bed, arms crossed, and eyes closed.
“Anthea, what happened? Where is Zoroark? Where is Concordia?” he asked immediately.

“Well, you and Zoroark fell into the ocean, Concordia jumped in, then I jumped in and saved you all. I'm a life saver.” I said, sitting down on his bed.

“So, we would all...be dead if you hadn't saved us?”

“That's right! I saved your life, N-chan! Doesn't that make you so happy?” I said with a grin on my face.

“But how did you...”

“With a strong will, anything is possible, N-chan!”

“...Stop calling me N-chan.”

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“You heard me. Stop calling me N-chan. I'm the king now...”

*SLAP*

“Ow! What was that for...?” he asked, hand on his cheek, where I hit him.

“King or not, you're still my little brother, N-chan.” I said, putting emphasis on the 'chan'

“I told you not to call me th-” his sentence was interrupted by me pushing him so he was lying on his back, then lying on top of him.

“H-hey! Anthea, get off of me! Are you trying to suffocate me?!”

“That's no good, N-chan, you have to call me onee-chan.” I said, putting my pressure on him.

“W-what...? Why?” he said between deep breaths.

“Because I'm your big sister of course!” I said, putting even more pressure on him. He was gasping for air now.

“Okay, okay! Just get off of me!” he pleaded.

“Only if you say 'I'm sorry, you can call me N-chan, and I will call you onee-chan.' Got it?” I said, teasing him.

“I'm sorry...you can call me N-chan, and I'll call you onee-chan...now please get off me...I'm seriously gonna suffocate...!” I got off of him, smiling pleasantly.

“You're insane!” he said, balling his fist at me.
I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

“Why are you laughing?! You could've seriously suffocated me!” he said.

“Hmm, you haven't called me onee-chan yet, N-chan. Maybe I should make sure you really will.” I said with a wicked grin on my face.

“W-what?! I already said I would!” he said, jumping off the bed so that I wouldn't be able to get on top of him again.
I got up, and started tickling him.
“H-hey! ha...haha! Cut it out!” he said through laughter.

“Not until you call me onee-chan!” I said, still tickling.

“Hahahaha! Okay, okay! Hahaha! Stop it, Anthea onee-chan! I said it, now cut it out! Hahaha!”
I continued  tickling him anyway for a while, then finally stopped.

“That's better.” I said, patting his head.

“You really are crazy, onee-chan...” he said.

“Hah-aha! You're such a cute little brother, N-chan!” I said, still patting his head.

“Onee-chan, where are Concordia and the Pokemon?” he asked.

“Hey, you have to call Concordia onee-san as well!” I replied.

“...Fine. Where are Concordia onee-san and the Pokemon?”

“I'm not sure, but the nurse said that onee-san is in her hospital room, so I assume the Pokemon are in their hospital room too.”

“We need to find them Can't trust a humans words...” he said.

While looking for them, we bumped into father, and Zoroark was with him. Zoroark immediately jumped on N, licking his face playfully. We were both completely surprised to see him here, but atleast Zoroark was back to normal.

“F-Father!” we both stuttered.

“Hello my dead children. I see you're not very good at controlling your Pokemon.” said Ghetsis.

“We are deeply sorry about that, father...” I said, bowing.

“I come to this city, find me children unconscious, have to take you three to the Pokemon Center, then I have to pay off all the damage caused by that Zoroark, then I have to pay even more money so that that Zoroark wasn't took away and locked up somewhere...” said Ghetsis, walking from side to side, with his arms folded behind his back as he spoke.

“You have more money than even Arceus can count, not like money is a problem for you.” said N.

“N!” I whispered.

“Ha...hah-aha! True that, my dear boy!”

“Father, where are onee-san, and the Pokemon?” N asked.

“Oh, don't worry about Concordia, I need to speak to her alone. Go wait for her on the main floor, your Pokemon are waiting for you there.” replied Ghetsis.

“What do you mean you need to speak to her alone?” N asked.
I put my hand on his shoulder, and looked him in the eye, and shook my head, silently telling him to just do as father says. He sighed, and we went down to the main floor. When we were at the main floor,  all the Pokemon were there waiting for us, just as father had said.

“N! You're back!” said Victini, circling around N's head.

“Sorry to keep you waiting everybody! I'm glad you're all safe and sound.” said N.

Zoroark why did you...do all that? That was really weird and scary...” asked Archeops.

Yeah! What the heck was all that about? You caused so much trouble!” said Victini.

I don't remember what happened, I'm sorry...” said Zoroark.

What do you mean you don't remember? You cause all that trouble, and you don't remember any of it?! Come on man!” replied Victini.

“Victini, that's enough. What matters is that Zoroark is calmed down, and everybody is okay.” said N.

After a while, Concordia came down, with that broken, lifeless doll expression on her face...

To be continued...