Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionEvilswarm Help EmptyEvilswarm Help

more_horiz
The deck is been okay for the most part but it could use some help.

Monsters:17
Evilswarm Heliotrope x3
Evilswarm Castor x3
Evilswarm Kerykeion x3
Evilswarm Mandragora x3
Evilswarm Thunderbird x3
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King

Spells:10
Book Of Moon x1
Infestation Pandemic x2
Kaiser Colosseum x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
ROTA x1
Upstart Goblin x3

Traps:13
Black Horn of heaven x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Call Of the Haunted x2
Fiendish Chain x3
Reckless Greed x3
Safe Zone x3

Extra :15
Abyss Dweller x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Evilswarm Bahamut x2
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Evilswarm Ophion x3
Evilswarm Ouroboros x1
Evilswarm Thanatos x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Maestroke x1
Silent Honor Ark x1
Master Key Beetle x1
Crazy Box x1

Looking for help in all departments really Side included Thanks in Advance to any Fixes Smile

descriptionEvilswarm Help EmptyRe: Evilswarm Help

more_horiz
Infestation Infection
Run 1 of that

more_horiz
2 Pandemics?

Runs black horn but not Compu and Solemn? Da fuq

more_horiz
Hm I usually ask for a screenshot of the deck but this deck is my favorite one so I can do it :D

- Thunder King
- Book of Moon
+ Pandemic
- Kaiser
+ MST
-3 Upstart (Your choice)
+3 Pot of Duality
+ Allure of Darkness
Hm.....Dark Hole?
- Black Horn
- Fiendish Chain
+2 Mirror Force
-2 Safe Zone (You won't use Beetle much, I think)
-3 Reckless Greed
-2 CotH
+ CED
+ Infestation Infection
+2 Mirror Force
+ Solemn Warning
+ Torrential Tribute
- Bahamut
- Crazy Box since it's crazy
+ Blackship of Corn (This card will help you so much)

+1 me Smile

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
2 Pandemics?

Runs black horn but not Compu and Solemn? Da fuq

To Be honest I took the Solemn out for a second black horn due to the fact that black horn just seems like a better option most of the time in cases i could use solemn.

Centrik wrote:
Hm I usually ask for a screenshot of the deck but this deck is my favorite one so I can do it :D

- Thunder King
- Book of Moon
+ Pandemic
- Kaiser
+ MST
-3 Upstart (Your choice)
+3 Pot of Duality
+ Allure of Darkness
Hm.....Dark Hole?
- Black Horn
- Fiendish Chain
+2 Mirror Force
-2 Safe Zone (You won't use Beetle much, I think)
-3 Reckless Greed
-2 CotH
+ CED
+ Infestation Infection
+2 Mirror Force
+ Solemn Warning
+ Torrential Tribute
- Bahamut
- Crazy Box since it's crazy
+ Blackship of Corn (This card will help you so much)

+1 me Smile

I kinda like call of the haunted as it has saved me on multiple occasions But i will test some of the other suggestions to see how they fit thanks Smile

more_horiz
I remember Evilswarms. Ah, they were so much fun. Alright, let's see if I can be of some assistance.

I'm going to start with monsters here.

You run:
Evilswarm Heliotrope x3
Evilswarm Castor x3
Evilswarm Kerykeion x3
Evilswarm Mandragora x3
Evilswarm Thunderbird x3
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King

My recommendations:

- Get rid of Thunder King. Yeah, he's a useful stun card, and I like him too, but he's not needed in this deck. In the Main Deck, the only non-Evilswarm monster that you will need is Rescue Rabbit. Thunder King is extra weight and space that doesn't bode well.

- Mandrangora. I personally prefer the card at 2 instead of 3. I don't think he's needed at 3, but I can see why you would want him at 3. It's your choice.

Other than that, the monsters in the deck don't need to be changed.

Now onto spells.

You run:
Book Of Moon x1
Infestation Pandemic x2
Kaiser Colosseum x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
ROTA x1
Upstart Goblin x3

My recommendations:

- Dude, dump the Kaiser Colosseum. Evilswarms swarm the field with monsters. If you're finding yourself with only one monster on the field late game, you're doing something wrong, or your opponent just Dark Holed you and you had no Pandemics. Kaiser Colosseum is for Bujins to restrict movements. Evilswarms just flatten your opponent. No need to have Kaiser.

- Dump the Upstart Goblins. Now more than ever, Life Points are a big deal. Evilswarms will want to reduce the opponent's life points to zero as quickly as possible, and giving them an extra 1000 that you have to get rid of isn't good. That extra 1000 could also be used in a Solemn Warning to stop one of your key monsters, which also isn't good. I get what you want to do, but Upstart isn't the card to do it with.

- Throw in another Infestation Pandemic Infection. This is your best spell in the entire deck, and you cannot afford to let it go to waste. This card needs to be accessible at all times, which is why Ophion is your key Extra Deck beater. Your monster's immunity to spells and traps is the life line of this deck, and gives it a niche above most other decks.

- Throw in an Allure of Darkness. Dumping one measly Evilswarm is an affordable enough price to draw two cards that will save yourself later in the duel. This card can only be used in DARK based decks, like Evilswarms, so you should utilize it. Other Swarm players will, and so you should too.

- Dark Hole is a staple. Make yourself immune to it with your Pandemic, and then throw it on the field. Guaranteed to piss off any opponent.

- Run Pot of Duality. It's a much better card for this deck than Upstart Goblin, because it doesn't give your opponent Life Points. It also allows you to choose which card you add to your hand. It's only real downside is the limiting of Special Summons for that turn, but Evilswarms run a hell of a lot of traps, and so I doubt you'll be needing to worry about your monsters living one turn. Run two or three.

- A saviour in place of Pandemic, Forbidden Lance will bail you out of trouble every time. Lance is a great card for this deck, because it can work both ways. Lance can be used to save your monster from something like a Dark Hole, Bottomless Trap Hole, or Mirror Force, while if you use it on your opponent, it reduces their ATK by 800, meaning you just made your Ophion his favourite lunch. Mashed Monster. Two is best for the deck.

Other than that, I've got nothing else for spells. Let's move onto traps.

You run:
Black Horn of heaven x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Call Of the Haunted x2
Fiendish Chain x3
Reckless Greed x3
Safe Zone x3

My recommendations:

- Black Horn of Heaven? Yikes, dump that. That thing isn't played for a reason. It sucks, and takes up space in Evilswarm decks that are better dedicated to other cards. If you really think you need it, toss it in your Side Deck. Otherwise, get rid of it.

- Call of the Haunted? Worse than Black Horn. If it takes up back row, and isn't Safe Zone, dump it. It's literally a waste of space.

- Fiendish Chain just isn't really for the Main Deck. I love the card, though Evilswarms don't use it very often. I'd say chuck in the Side Deck, or dump it entirely.

- Reckless Greed is really a reckless card to run. It takes up space in your back row, and doesn't even have that good of an effect. If it's stopping you from drawing from your Main Deck, then something's wrong. Get rid of the card. It's not worth your time.

- Cut Safe Zone down to two. It's a great card, but three is overboard.

- Evilswarms run with your staple Traps. These will all stop your opponent in their tracks, and make this swarm deck function like a stun deck while you recover from a Pot of Duality, or decide to play it safe with Ophion. Run the following.

2x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Solemn Warning

- Lastly, a card that you must must MUST have is Infestation Infection. This card is a saviour. If you've got an Evilswarm on your field or in your hand that you don't need, then you can shuffle it into your deck and search out a new Evilswarm! Not only that, but if you activate it during your opponent's turn (which you can only do once, so use that wisely) you can shuffle the Evilswarm that they're attacking or trying to destroy via spell/trap into your deck, and grab a new Evilswarm! This will save Ophion's ass when you most need it to, so don't pass up the opportunity.

That's really it for traps. Now to do Extra Deck.

You run:
Abyss Dweller x1
Daigusto Emeral x1
Evilswarm Bahamut x2
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Evilswarm Ophion x3
Evilswarm Ouroboros x1
Evilswarm Thanatos x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Maestroke x1
Silent Honor Ark x1
Master Key Beetle x1
Crazy Box x1

My recommendations:

-Jeez, your Extra Deck is nice. Someone must really know how to teach, or you're just really smart. Not a lot to do, but let's buckle down.

- Get rid of Crazy Box. You don't need him. No question about it. He's worthless in this deck.

- Daigusto Emeral? Please, you don't need him. Dump the poor bastard and move on.

- Thanatos is so bad. Get him out of your deck this instant.

- You just need one Bahamut. Bahamut is one of those Extra Deck cards that's really really cool, but you'll find that you don't use him often. So yeah, cut him down to one.

- Chuck in another Master Key Beetle, because why not? He's a great card to use with Safe Zone, and your deck is one of the only ones out there that can use this card effectively, so get the most out of him.

- Throw in a Blackship of Corn. As Centrik mentioned above, this card will really help you out. It gets rid of some nasty level 4 monsters out there, such as Fire Kings, Fire Fists, Mermails, and Gravekeepers.

- Photon Papilloperative is a great card to use. It helps eliminate frustrating DEF position monsters, especially Gravekeeper's Spy, and it's an Extra Deck staple.

- Lastly, chuck in a Diamond Dire Wolf. You've got space to spare, and he's a nice card to use, so why not use him? There's no harm in it.

more_horiz
Taking into account these things The updated deck is as follows seems a bit better to me

Monsters:17

Evilswarm Heliotrope x3
Evilswarm Castor x3
Evilswarm Kerykeion x3
Evilswarm Mandragora x2
Evilswarm Thunderbird x3
Rescue Rabbit
Summoner monk x2

Spells:11

Infestation Pandemic x3
ROTA x1
Allure of Darkness x1
Dark Hole x1
Pot of duality x3
Forbidden Lance x2

Traps:12

Mirror Force x2
Torrential Tribute x1
D Pris x2
CED x1
Infestation Infection x1
Safe Zone x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Solemn Warning x1

It seems to be running a lot better thanks to those who helped Smile

more_horiz
Glad that I could help. If you need anything else, let me know.

more_horiz
Looks fine to me. Well done

more_horiz
Hm you're sure about Summoner Monk? I don't think it fits nicely.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:

Its actually Been working quite nicley

more_horiz
Think you quoted the wrong person. Evilswarm Help 3974120512

more_horiz
The fail is real

more_horiz
deck looks ok its just that evilswarm as an archtype is pretty lousy so really no matter how good you make it you will still have to deal with that

more_horiz
Shadow Suzugamori wrote:
Mr.Kandy wrote:

Its actually Been working quite nicley

k.

more_horiz
evilswarms are actually kinda good>

more_horiz
compared to the actual good decks they really arent good for tier two though thats true

more_horiz
Verz says Lol to hieratics

more_horiz
like I said good for tier two

more_horiz
Grem doesn't play Hieratic's anymore.....and believe me he beat Verz's with them.

more_horiz
Definitely Misquoted wow Embarrassing?

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
Grem doesn't play Hieratic's anymore.....and believe me he beat Verz's with them.

Yeah xD You should feel bad man.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply