Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Academy: The Big Change.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+29
DMK
Juelz Anthony Cruz
AngelicMinaj
Amy Kool
Whatup Nab
Sabo-Chan
BlackLeg-Sanji
Centrik
jjh927
! High Dutchman Gianus
Jue Viole Grace
Salader
Dex
LòKóS
Alikaey
Jin Kazama
Nuran
Heatnix
Enigma_m7
Order of Chaos
Kandy.JPEG
Bubbles
Naito Raizu
TDS
Skitoritto
Frisky Badger
BlackWarGreymon
Linda-Senpai
Anzo
33 posters

descriptionDuel Academy: The Big Change. - Page 3 EmptyDuel Academy: The Big Change.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello there, dear members of Duel Academy.

As you might be aware, DA has been going thought allot for the past couple of weeks, and for that, some big changes are about to happen. As you know, some of the Admins are thinking of moving to a new server, where they have a full control over coding and such, since forumotion.com doesn't provide a full access, hence it doesn't permit you to do some of the things you could do with codes. Now, DA has split up as two groups; those who agrees with the idea, and those who disagrees. And for that, there has been allot of chit-chat between the Admins team, and for that, allot has been decided. Part of the plan was to shut down this forum in order to start somewhere else; however, as myself, and some of the veterans disagreeing to shutting down this forum, the Admins team decided to depart this forum and start their own journey, as a result, a new Administration team will be installed in about a day or two, once some of the on-hold issues are solved with the former Admins team, then we'll kick off.

We cannot stop people from following their vision, but we also cannot accept to be shut down for believing in ours, we have a vision too; this DA can still present fun. But yet again, each has his own vision. We're thankful for the former Admins team for everything they have given to this forum, and I'm not saying it because i should, it's because i mean it. So, to put it out there, thank you: Amy Kool, Heatnix, BlackWarGreymon, and Naito Raizu for your efforts to make this place better than it used to be once, i hope you see success in your individual website, and hopefully you enjoy your new server.

Now, as far for your new Admins team, so far we have only 4 admins, including myself; Frisky Badger and Dexter Morgan, in addition to Irate who is staying as part of DA's Admins team. And of course, once everything is settled, we'll be seeking to complete our Admins team, which is in the next few days.

We like to believe in our vision, we like to believe we can still do so much on forumotion.com servers regardless of the limited access we have on their servers, the little HTML, JS, and CSS we can use should be enough for us to continue the story started 5 years ago, for hopefully another few years. DA has a history of obstacles we defeated, road-blocks we broke through, and all the difficulties we have encountered, all this has only sharpened our experience in Administrating a forum, and hopefully we can meet up with the expectations, and succeed to make this forum what it used to be once in the past.

I don't want to make this topic any longer, i hate walls of text as they get more boring to read with time, so i'll stop here, and if anyone has any question directed to me, or any of the new admins team, you can post here and we'll try to answer your questions if possible.

descriptionDuel Academy: The Big Change. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Duel Academy: The Big Change.

more_horiz
I can't leave da. Its my first academy. Smile

descriptionDuel Academy: The Big Change. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Duel Academy: The Big Change.

more_horiz
@AngelicMinaj: We feel we got what we need at this point. We're pretty much reworking everything from scratch; however, if we needed any help, we'll be looking for some people who has potential.

@Julz: That's the spirit :D

more_horiz
Would being part of both academies be in any way betrayal?

more_horiz
Would being part of both academies be in any way betrayal?

more_horiz
From our side, DMK, we believe it not to be a different place but a continuation of what we previously had. There is no "betrayal" at all on any of this, because we don't have any issues with anyone-- or at least the main people behind both projects are at peace and agreed to healthy competition but not to burn any bridges.

It's up to you, ultimately. I am fully invested in the new website, but I'm not leaving this place either. Hell, if this place needs assistance I would gladly aid them-- as long as I don't have to talk to a certain person =p

more_horiz
The other forum/site is still a YGO relative regarding of what you might hear. It's like another academy. Just like you chose DA over other academies like XDA, NDA and such. You can choose to be active in both places, or at one only, or whatever suit you the best.

more_horiz
Is this DA's new skin's final look ?

more_horiz
Nope.

more_horiz
Anzo takes over DA makes it a shitty theme like the rest of the academies.

more_horiz
1. I did not take over DA.
2. It's not a shitty theme.
3. The skin is not complete.
4. Stop smoking weed.

more_horiz
oh so this isnt the final theme :U

Whale can't wait for the newer one to come out!

more_horiz
Whoa, I didn't know the change is gonna be THIS big. I guess this is a new era for DA (or is it going 3-4 years back??). I think the remaining staff is smart enough to come up with something to maintain the activity, but I'm really curious about what would be the next "new" thing in DA. I've taken a glimpse at the new academies and I can say they can be taken seriously according to their activity and what they offer. Now that DA got reset I can't predict its situation few months later. Now it actually has competition.

@Anzo, Dex, and other staff: I just hope you got an ace up your sleeve and surprise everybody with something enormous, good luck

@Anzo: Man its been like years since we last had a talk. Would be great if we meet somewhere on chat

more_horiz
It looks like crap :/ Sorry just saying.

more_horiz
Anyone wanna change the blue font? .-.

I kinda like the new theme. Just needs a bit more too it. Looks like the old one but orange.
Love the banner though.

more_horiz
new theme is way better than the dull and boring crap we had before.

more_horiz
OK ok OK im liking the theme, i still think that you should put me on the board anzo

more_horiz
@Crocodile: Add me on Skype: anmar_wolffy or on Facebook: Anmar Nmory
@Fluffy: That's your opinion.
@Neji: I'm not sure whether you posted this before or after Dex updated the skin yesterday/today.
@Rio: Same here. This skin looks much better and appealing.
@Minaj: I don't know what to say, you've only been active thus far in the GFX section, i don't know much about your maturity or your activity in general. But like i said the other time, i'll consider you when we start seeking more staff members, meanwhile you need to increase your activity a bit.

more_horiz
ALso you should make the vertical band on the right side a little brighter so it will match the rest, the color is kinda off

more_horiz
For anything concerning the skin you should be talking with Dex, not me.

more_horiz
oh ok sorry about that anzo

more_horiz
I have no clue what are you apologizing for lol But you're welcome. :D

more_horiz
you dont say you're welcome to someone saying sorry thats just stupid you either say nothing at all or its alright

you're welcome is for when people say thank you

more_horiz
I thought she said "thx" before "i'm sorry". Wasn't paying attention Mr.Grammar Nazi.

more_horiz
well wouldnt call that being a grammar nazi just correcting you thats all because what you said made no sense now can we please stay on topic here

more_horiz
Back right at you.

more_horiz
I like quote box. Nicely done dex. Other than that, you admins better have some serious updates on this skin, the nostalgia and history of this place will not do it against the upcoming storm. ::Monkey18::

more_horiz
k.

more_horiz
this should be locked

more_horiz
Topic locked. If you have anything left to discuss, just discuss it in the off-topic section.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply