Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Languages.

power_settings_newLogin to reply

Languages.

Hah there haven't passed even 24 hours I am already posting something new Languages. 3974120512

So Right now I am going to have dinner with my Family and their Friends. The funny thing is that there are 4 languages used. Latvian, Russian, English and German. I myself know 3 languages. Latvian, English and Russian.

Now I want to hear your option guys. Is knowing bunch of languages needed or not? I was just interested Languages. 3974120512

Comments

Gremlin
knowing more then one language probably isnt important since you wont see too many other people who speak different

but if you want to think you are better then someone else knowing multiple languages can help you feel superior
BlackWarGreymon
It's needed, you don't know where are you gonna be in the future.

I know : English, little Francais xD, a little german, italian and Bosnian.
Well if if I follow the rules of the countries i know Serbian, Croatian, a little Slovenian, Dalmatinian. That's actually the same language with a bunch of names xD
Nekofjung
You should at least know 2-3 languages, just in case you ever run into a situation where people don't speak your primary, you can more than double your changes of being understood. Other than have a secondary and maybe tertiary language in your repertoire, just make sure if you ever go somewhere that uses a language you don't know, that you study it and at least learn some basic vocabulary before your trip.
! High Dutchman Gianus
The only absolute language is math, then again, math can't solve every problem.
BlackWarGreymon
! High Dutchman Gianus wrote:
The only absolute language is math, then again, math can't solve every problem.

Anus bro, did ya hear 'bout the Pitagor's school? By their belief numbers are absolute and perfect xD
Anonymous
i'll never leave the US so learning another language is pointless....
! High Dutchman Gianus
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Anus bro, did ya hear 'bout the Pitagor's school? By their belief numbers are absolute and perfect xD

I have now and I will say this; math is absolute, but not perfect. A great example of this is the Continuum hypothesis. Here's a vid about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPA3bwVVzGI -skip to 6:00 if you do not want to learn awesome stuff about infinities-

Staxx wrote:
i'll never leave the US so learning another language is pointless....

All knowledge has value.
LòKóS
Heh nice :D Now I wanted to ask if it is hard or easy for you guys to learn new languages? I myself find it easy and fun to learn some new languages but I am way to lazy to that Languages. 3974120512
Gumi
It's pretty easy depending on your motivation to learn the language. I myself know 5 languages which were required for me in my family, only 2 of which are fluent. I guess the age you're learning it at is also a factor since I learned them growing up so it's not too hard for me

As you said, if you're lazy, you'll still be able to learn. It's just if you're willing to keep going on with the lessons.
Centrik
The more languages you know, the more confidence you have. Now try to learn Chinese.
power_settings_newLogin to reply
remove_circleSimilar topics
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum