Character update this chapter:
Spoiler :

After a couple of hours, most of the round one matches had been completed, and there was just one more left.

“Alright, the final match for round one will be Marie vs Bianca! After this, we'll advance to round two!” shouted Alder.

“I'm against her? Oh, but she took down Team Plasma on her own, I don't think I can beat her...” said Bianca, who looked startled.

Cheren placed his hand on her shoulder. “Don't worry, just give it your all. Worrying will only lower your chances.” he said.

“Yeah, you'll be fine. Just go out there and have fun.” said White.

“Thanks guys! I sure hope you're right...” she said, as she walked out to the battlefield.

“Feel free to cheer for me out loud, N.” said Marie.

N and his sisters stared at her as if she were crazy, as she entered the stadium, taking slow, steady steps, and singing slowly.

Awaiting the sign
Waiting for turmoil
A different design
those of the gargoyles

The crowd cheered, as she sang, then twirled around a couple of times.

Awaiting the turmoil
Awaiting the turmoil

She winked at Bianca, as she walked onto the battlefield.

Watching my time
Turn to misfortune
I'm standing in line
For eternal torture

She then stepped into place, and twirled, sliding Pokeballs out of her sleeves, and into her hands.

Awaiting the turmoil
Awaiting the turmoi
l”

She licked her lips, as she looked over her Pokeballs.

Now the madness begins
and they'll all hear me shout
But they wont let me in
and they wont let me out

She smiled and winked again, ready to begin the battle.

“Well, that was certainly a spectacular entrance! Very original!” said Alder.

“Just focus on having fun, and connecting with your Pokemon. “Go, Raichu.” said Marie, sending out her Pokemon.

Raichu was an orange, mouse-like Pokemon, with black stripes, pointy ears, and a long, silver tail, with a thunderbolt at the end.

“R-Right! Go, Herdier!” replied Bianca, sending out her Pokemon.

Backstage...

“Like she knows a thing about connecting with Pokemon!” spat N.

“She mocked you, N! How dare she mock you!” exclaimed Anthea.

“This little...! I think it's about time I put her in her place.” said Concordia, balling her fists.

Back on the battlefield...

“Herdier, use Take Down!” commanded Bianca.

“Raichu, use Extremespeed, please.” commanded Marie.

Herdier charged at Raichu, but Raichu, with amazing speed, jumped right over him, then rammed her body into his.

“Herdier, use Crunch!”

“Raichu, use Protect, please.”

Herdier tried to bite Raichu, but Raichu created an invisible barrier, which protected her, leaving Herdier off balance.

“Now Raichu, use Brick Break, please.”

“Herdier, use Take Down!”

While Herdier was still off balance, Raichu used her tail to chop down on Herdier's head, knocking her out.

“Herdier is unable to battle, Raichu wins!” exclaimed the referee.

“Go, Munna!” said Bianca, returning Herdier, and sending out her next Pokemon.

“Raichu, Extremespeed, please.” commanded Marie.

As soon as Munna came out of her Pokeball, before she knew what was going on, Raichu had already slammed against her, knocking her against the wall.

“Munna! Are you okay?” said Bianca, as Munna slowly got back up.

“Amazing! Raichu moves just like the wind!” shouted Alder.

“Munna, use Psybeam!”

“Raichu, Volt Tackle, please.”

Munna shot a psychic beam at Raichu, but Raichu jumped to the side, then, with her body cloaked in electricity, charged at Munna, crashing into her, and knocking her out.

“Munna is unable to battle, Raichu wins!” exclaimed the referee.

“Munna, return. Go, Dewott!” said Bianca, sending out her final Pokemon.

“It's three versus one now, and Dewott is at a type disadvantage. Can Bianca somehow pull a miraculous victory, or will she be completely swept by Raichu?” said Alder.

“Dewott, use Water Pulse!”

“Raichu, protect, please.”

Dewott attacked Raichu with a pulse of water, but Raichu protected herself with an invisible barrier.

“Now Dewott, use Encore!”

Dewott began clapping, and bouncing up and down, shooting a transparent, blue glow at Raichu, which caused her to start repeatedly using Protect.

“Dewott, now, keep using Razor Shell!”

Dewott began repeatedly assaulting Raichu with a blade of water, but Raichu kept protecting herself with invisible barriers, until, finally, she failed, and was hit on the neck by Dewott's attack, knocking her to the floor.

“Raichu, use Volt Tackle, please.”

“Dewott, Water Pulse!”

Dewott attacked Raichu with a pulse of water, but Raichu, with her body cloaked in electricity, ran right through it, colliding her body against Dewott's, and knocking Dewott out.

“Dewott is unable to battle, Marie wins the battle!” exclaimed the referee, as the crowd cheered.

“And Marie wins in a complete sweep! That's one impressive Raichu!” shouted Alder.

“I really lost that easy...?” said Bianca, returning her Pokemon.

Marie twirled around, sliding a Pokeball out of her sleeve, and returned Raichu to her Pokeball. She then ran a few steps, and dropped to the floor, sliding towards Bianca, and once she was about two feet away, jumped up, giving Bianca a hug.

“Good game.” she said, smiling.

Bianca blinked in surprise. “Uh...right! You too.” she said.

Backstage...

N and his sisters all looked disappointed in how the battle ended.

“I sure hope she loses to someone else, without getting put against one of us...” said Anthea.

“What? But we have to beat her to get my skateboard back!” exclaimed N.

“You two don't need to worry. If I get put against her, I'll kick the sh-...I mean, I'll beat her for sure, and I'll get your skateboard back, N.” said Concordia, holding N's hand tightly.

Marie and Bianca both then returned backstage, and as soon as Bianca saw White and Cheren, she ran over to them.

“Hey, Cheren, looks like you're not the only one who didn't make it to round 2!” she said.

“Yeah...that totally makes me feel better.” replied Cheren, hands in his pockets.

“White will win though, I'm sure she will! Right, White?” asked Bianca.

White looked up. “I'll have to beat that damned N though...” she said glancing over at N.

“Attention everyone! All round 1 matches have been completed, and I shall now announce the round 2 participants!” shouted Alder.

“And those who have made it to round two are: Marie, White, N, Olivia, Concordia, Linda, Anthea, and Black! Congratulations to you all! The first match of round 1 will be N vs Anthea, and that will begin in 15 minutes!” exclaimed Alder.

White and Cheren both smirked, clearly pleased that N was going to have to battle his sister.

“Hah!” said White, smiling.

“I hope they beat the crap out of each other.” said Cheren.

N and Concordia both looked completely shocked at this, and Anthea stood up, looking worried.

“They put me against N? Why would they do that? That can't be an accident, right?” she said, pacing back and forth.

“Anthea, calm down.” said Concordia, as she stood up, and placed her hand on Anthea's shoulder, trying to calm her down.

“We all know there's no way I can beat N, and even if I could, I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it. Besides, I only have two Pokemon, so I'm outnumbered before the battle even starts. I should just forfeit right now, right?” said Anthea.

N then stood up, and placed his hand on her other shoulder.

“No, you're not going to forfeit.” he said.

“B-but N...” replied Anthea, but was interrupted by N.

“Don't think of it as a tournament, imagine that we're just trying to train the Pokemon.” said N.

Anthea and Concordia both looked surprise to hear this. “O-okay N, if that's really how you'd prefer it.” said Anthea.

“Archeops, I want you to battle with Anthea, so that it's a fair, three on three battle, okay?” asked N, petting Archeops.

Archeops nodded in agreement, and flew next to Anthea. The moment was suddenly interrupted, as Marie walked over to N.

“Thanks for your silent cheers, N, I'm sure I would've lost if you hadn't been cheering for me.” she said, smiling.

Before N could say anything, Concordia stepped in front of him, glaring at Marie.

“If you know what's good for you, you'll turn around, and go crawl back into your hole, right now.” she said.

“As I recall, last time you threatened me, I had just thrown you with a head-scissors lock, and was about to knock you out with my knee.” said Marie, looking up at her, with a wicked smile.

“As I recall it, I was going to move out of the way, and let you crash right into the the door, but then Alder saved you.” replied Concordia.

“Oh yes, you were totally going to move out of the way while dazed.” said Marie, with a giggle.

“If you had any brains in that little head of yours, you'd know I wasn't actually dazed.” said Concordia.

“A kangaroo kick to the chin would daze even Alder.” replied Marie.

“Good job, you're capable of dazing an old man. That only means absolutely nothing.” said Concordia, sternly.

Suddenly, Black ran over to them. “Hey! Who do you think you are calling the Champion an old man?!” he asked, in a very loud voice.

“Are you trying to kill my ears?!” asked Anthea, covering her ears.

“I'm sorry but this conversation has nothing to do with you.” said Concordia, staring at Black.

“Nothing to do with me? I think you need to realize just who you're talking too! I'm the one who's gonna win this tournament, and I'm the one who's going to win the Pokemon League So you sho-” shouted Black.

Before he could finish what he was going to say, Marie quickly kicked him in his crotch, causing him to drop to his knees, and scream in pain, while almost everyone laughed.

“Why don't you go walk off the pain?” asked Marie, with a smile, as she the then turned to face N.

“See you soon, N.” she said with a wink, then threw a metal card at his hat, knocking it off his head, several feet back, as she walked back to her seat.

“I'll pick it up for you, N!” said Anthea.

Anthea then sat on the floor and picked up N's hat, when she then noticed two pictures on the floor next to it.

Huh? Why were there pictures in his hat...?” she thought.

She then picked the pictures up, and started looking over them, a surprised look slowly etching across her face. The first one was a picture of N and Marie, at Liberty Garden, with N sitting against the bark of a tree, with the brim of his hat over his eyes, and Marie sitting in his lap, cuddling with him. The second picture was N lying on the ground, and Marie lying on top of him, with her head on his chest. They seemed to be asleep, as both of their eyes were closed.

Anthea's eye's twitched, she clenched and unclenched her fists, and seemed to be trembling, as she stared at the pictures in disbelief.

“Uh, Anthea...?” asked N, as he started walking over to her.

“W-what? What do you want?!” asked Anthea, quickly putting the pictures in her purse, before N could see them.

“My hat...?” said N.

Anthea then stood up, with a half smile on her face that she was struggling to keep straight, her eyes still twitching, and still clenching her fists, as she walked over to N, and slammed  him against the wall.

“Fine! Take your stupid hat back!” she said, angrily putting it on his head, as she walked back to her seat.

What's her problem...?” thought N.

Concordia stared at her, looking both surprised and confused. “Anthea, is something wrong?” she asked, gently touching her sister's arm.

Anthea slapped Concordia's hand away, then looked at her, with an insane look on her face, her eyes still twitching. “Me? I'm perfectly fine! In fact, I'm actually thrilled for my battle with N! What makes you think somethings wrong, big sis?” she asked, getting on her hands and knees, and leaning in close to Concordia.

Concordia backed up, speechless, and actually looked startled by this. N was still standing against the wall, staring at Anthea, with a shocked look on his face.

What's gotten into her? This is not the Anthea I know...” he thought.

Anthea continued leaning in closer and closer to Concordia, until Concordia was pressed against the wall, and their faces were just inches apart, causing almost everyone to stare at them. Before she could say anything, Alder began talking again.

“Alright everybody, it's time for the first match of round two! I'm sure this will be a good one!” he shouted.

N began slowly walking out to the battlefield, as Anthea then jumped up next to him, startling him.

“I hope you bring your very best to this battle, little brother. You're going to need it.” she said, with an insane smile on her face, which sent chills down N's spine.

To be continued...