Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionA doubt EmptyA doubt

more_horiz
[img]A doubt Sem_ta10[/img]

Hi again.
I know i'm always poosting questions and i'm very thankful to he people who answer it.

This is my question.
I attacked the mosntrer that is setted and then he active mirror force, i active Mystical space typhon.

Is my monster still destroyed?

descriptionA doubt EmptyRe: A doubt

more_horiz
Mystical Space Typhoon doesn't negate activation, Mirror Force will still resolve and destroy your monster, while his set monster will not be flipped face-up.

more_horiz
Yes it is, you cannot use mst to negate traps, you can only destroy traps not negate (you can destroy continous traps and backrow cards that are set). You can also use mst in some other ways (example you have a field spell, your opp places a field spell in order to destroy yours, you can then chain MST)

more_horiz
Generally, note.
Destroying a card will not prevent a card's effect from resolving if it was already activated.
Exceptions to this rule are cards that clearly state so on their card text (I don't know any, so don't ask for examples lol) or certain types of Spell/Trap cards, which are Field Spell cards, Continuous Spell and Continuous Trap cards. If you destroy any of the aforementioned type of card while their effect is resolving by, say, using Mystical Space Typhoon, the card's effect will "vanish". Example: Player A uses The Gates of the Dark World's effect, banishes a Fiend-type monster, and Player B then chains Mystical Space Typhoon, targeting that Gates, then Gates' effect will resolve without doing anything.
If you still need clarification, do say so.

more_horiz
I remember this ruling. Used to believe MST did negate. xP Anyways, using Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy a card does not negate the effect from properly resolving.

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Yes it is, you cannot use mst to negate traps, you can only destroy traps not negate (you can destroy continous traps and backrow cards that are set). You can also use mst in some other ways (example you have a field spell, your opp places a field spell in order to destroy yours, you can then chain MST)

What he said. I used to think I could negate with MST and the opponent all rages and I'm like lol

more_horiz
That's the most hated mistake on DN, thousand of cute bunnies die when someone tries to negate Traps with Mystical Space Typhoon hahahahaha.

more_horiz
Thank you, to all
So in the same situacion, can you give me an example of a card that i can active which destroy and negate mirror force or others

more_horiz
One old but gold is Seven Tools of the Bandit or Dark Bribe, but it isn't worth nowadays. Mostly you should just spam Mystical Space TYphoon prior to doing anything.

more_horiz
Guilherme wrote:
One old but gold is Seven Tools of the Bandit or Dark Bribe, but it isn't worth nowadays. Mostly you should just spam Mystical Space TYphoon prior to doing anything.

Dark Bribe is still good with DW's

Try trap stun, it's a 1 turn royal decree. Also Fire formation - Gyokkou is good with locking the opponents backrow, nightbeam is good with the destroying of the set backrow cards

more_horiz
Thank you to all Smile)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply