Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGTA V? EmptyGTA V?

more_horiz
So.. anybody in here gonna buy GTA V tomorrow? Surely seems like a it's going to be cool, not even the elections are so anticipated Razz

descriptionGTA V? EmptyRe: GTA V?

more_horiz
I'm still indecisive, i can buy it tomorrow for my Xbox360; however, the thing is i want to wait for PS4 to come out, if i happen and bought PS4, i'll buy a PS4 copy instead.

more_horiz
Overrated.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll walk out before someone throws a rock at me.

more_horiz
/demote

more_horiz
@Anzo yeah that PS4 is going to be the thing. I'll probbably wait 2 ...

more_horiz
Heatnix wrote:
Overrated.

Ar you kidding me? According to the demos and trailer this will be the best 3 person game in the history. Even fucking mini game golf is made like a EA game

more_horiz
I just hope the pc version is released soon so I can do sad piracy which I do not like but there's no other alternative.

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Heatnix wrote:
Overrated.

Ar you kidding me? According to the demos and trailer this will be the best 3 person game in the history. Even fucking mini game golf is made like a EA game

Sorry there is a little thing called Watch Dogs, still this will be the best GTA after Vice City.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Heatnix wrote:
Overrated.

Ar you kidding me? According to the demos and trailer this will be the best 3 person game in the history. Even ****ing mini game golf is made like a EA game

Sorry there is a little thing called Watch Dogs, still this will be the best GTA after Vice City.

SA is the best GTA game atm .-.
And Watchgods are over-rated

more_horiz
Watchdogs is supeeeeeerb, but that doesn't change the fact that GTA V is that way 2. Both great games, but I'd have to side with Train, i like Watchdogs better, but all the stuff you can do in GTA *_* Razz :D

more_horiz
Lol, just get both, that's what I'm doing.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Lol, just get both, that's what I'm doing.

All tree, Saints Row 4 (I wanna make chaos GTA V? 3974120512)

more_horiz
Meh Saint Row ain't a priority of mine, never liked that game.

more_horiz
Exactly Anzo i never unterstood why people like Saints Row

more_horiz
DarkParadigm wrote:
Exactly Anzo i never unterstood why people like Saints Row

'Cause it's fucking hilarious.

more_horiz
I don't see why...

more_horiz
DarkParadigm wrote:
I don't see why...

You absorb aliens, you jump like spiderman, you run naked, you get drunk. You're a president of USA and having guns everywhere, ex-mafia boss.

Anything more? ;D

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
DarkParadigm wrote:
I don't see why...

You absorb aliens, you jump like spiderman, you run naked, you get drunk. You're a president of USA and having guns everywhere, ex-mafia boss.

Anything more? ;D

You are not Ex-Mafia boss, you are THE Mafia boss. For everything else just f*ck sh*t up in the most satisfying way possible.

more_horiz
Well if that's what you guys say Razz

more_horiz
Saints Row is a game. It's out there and it's weird, meant for entertainment. GTA didn't really catch my attention at all, since it was just killing hookers and stealing cars for hours on end, but then!, then...

At GTA 4 they went next gen retard. It became pretentious and tried too hard to be goodfellas and be more than a game but a C rated movie-- all of this only a nice envelope to killing hookers and stealing cars.

Now, it continues on it's path of trying too hard to be some sort of movie and be, like someone stated above, "the best game ever" by, essentially, being a game about killing hookers and stealing cars--- with a pretty hat called "C rated gangster movie plot".

It will sound absurd, but I studied for this. No one seems to remember I'm a game artists and there's books on history of gaming and the ways the do these things.

But that's just me. If people like the game, good. More sells, keep the industry going. Have fun, that's what games are for so whatever. Wanna play tetris all day? go for it. GTA 5? go for it. Don't take it so seriously when someone goes against it.

more_horiz
The world disagrees with you. GTA isn't about stealing cars and killing hookers - even though it's interesting to shoot them in specific locations q_q - but it has also a plot behind it. It introduces the facts of real life to the young generation and teaches them what they should expect in life: killing, stealing, cheating, drugs, guns, good guys, bad guys, extra. There is this side of human that always wants to be the bad guys, now they can be the bad guys in the game, and be the good guys in life. That's how i think about GTA, or to be more specific, that is what i learned from games in general when i was younger.

more_horiz
That's pretty much what I tried to say. The world disagrees with me because it's mainstream. Is it good? from my point of view it isn't, but is Justin Bieber good? no, he's a punk but oh so many people would disagree with you.

Like I said before, the great scheme behind it is the pretentious plot that is not good, but people can't see beyond their fascination for the game. The plot, like most games out there, is bleh at best and simple. And no, you can't expect to think that the game has a righteous agenda trying to teach people of the "real world". It's like saying that Family Guy is meant to educate people on their own flaws.

And true, it is teaching the younger generations of guns, gangs, drugs and random shootings. It is exactly doing what you say and it only makes people throw it into normalcy. You underestimate the stupidity of people and the influence games have, thinking that they can be bad in game and good in person. Well, that's a lie. It doesn't work that way. It only seeds violent thoughts in little kids that can't process them like an adult would.

Like Call of Duty online. Over and over again you get little kids yelling and screaming that they'll kill you and your family because you won. They can't handle this level of violence and aggression because they're stupid, tiny, little brats with under developed brains.

Bottom line is, the game is about killing hookers and stealing cars.

But it's a game. Period. Some people like it, some people don't. I see it from a different light because I've been around the block a few times and have studied around games. I don't think it's great, I think it's just all right for people who like that sort of thing, but that's because I think games beyond the brand name because of my studies.

Just enjoy the game. I see your point of view and all I'm just telling you what I think from my perspective and that in my opinion there's no way to support it as being good, but it's a game so in the end we're wasting time talking about something irrelevant and I wasted a life studying for something irrelevant. =p

more_horiz
Well I also need to get Saints Row 4 but I'll probably also get GTA V and both of them for PS3, I have a Xbox but I prefer PS3

more_horiz
Wow Heatinx sure took some time to write that one. Anyway today GTA V it's finally out so let's just enjoy the game and learn something from it right? No more arguing :D

more_horiz
Not really. I write pretty fast and usually just write what I think on the spot.

more_horiz
Oh well good 4 you

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply