Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionForum Updates: Quote Button refined EmptyForum Updates: Quote Button refined

more_horiz
Hey there, Duel Academy.

Some of you might have noticed, but for those who haven't, I shall announce this publicly.

Duel Academy has now refined its quote button in topics and you now needn't wait for a new page to load before you can use the Quote button - no, instead, the quote will automatically appear in the text box, and, even better, you needn't even scroll down to the post yourself! JavaScript takes care of all that and as such I can proudly say that this is a quite an improvement.

However, as with usual browser incompatibilities and such, some downsides exist, as known issues to this include following.

1. You need to have WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode disabled (note that Duel Academy automatically does that for you, so this is only for those users who really want to use WYSIWYG). - FIXED. Quote buttons now won't prevent a new page from loading if the source mode is not enabled. I do recommend using the source mode at all time, though.
  2. This code will, like the whole new SCEditor itself, not function properly on a mobile phone. I will find a workaround for not preventing button clicks on phones, too, though.
  3. The output in the text box is pure HTML - I am working on getting it converted to BBCode for ease of understanding for those who are not familiar with HTML, but you needn't edit anything, forumotion will properly render the HTML for you.

Any criticism, bug reports or simply a comment how awesome I am are welcome Razz

That's it from me today; keep rocking, Duel Academy!
Cool Dance

Last edited by Irate on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionForum Updates: Quote Button refined EmptyRe: Forum Updates: Quote Button refined

more_horiz
Irate I love ya (No homo) Seriously I always wanted this!

descriptionForum Updates: Quote Button refined EmptyRe: Forum Updates: Quote Button refined

more_horiz
Oh my lord this is beautiful. I absolutely adore it. It scrolls down too. Surprised

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
Oh my lord this is beautiful. I absolutely adore it. It scrolls down too. Surprised

Wow it actually does Forum Updates: Quote Button refined 3974120512 Didn't notice before Forum Updates: Quote Button refined 1554389127

more_horiz
I said that in the opening post, too Wink

more_horiz
Now I got a challenger to my codes! Cool

I feel fired up to do something right now Smile

This is a very nice feature addition to DA, it will need some work on the few incompatibility issues but overall a great enhancement for those who like to get involved with discussions that feature quoting very much, only they know what a boost this is.

more_horiz
good job Smile

more_horiz
Update pro, but your info topic lacks the amount of awesomeness what Ammmie can give Wink

more_horiz
Fixed a bug.

More upcoming.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply