Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionLocking rooms EmptyLocking rooms

more_horiz
Recently, our dorm leader locked a room for spam. Not really fair :3 rooms are meant to be spammed. its where people can type what they want. the room that was locked and that i m requesting that gets unlocked is called, Shiro's Room. a few posts back to my first dorm room, it got locked, but unlocked after. and it had twice as much as shiros room. my first room had 11 pages. while shiros had 5. please unlock his room, for it isnt fair

Thank you,
RockeYuki

descriptionLocking rooms EmptyRe: Locking rooms

more_horiz
You cannot collect posts on a post such as:

Spoiler :

etc. If you want unnecessary spam,ask DA to open a spam section and go wild there. You can have a conversation in the dorm room about anything,just not random image spam or something silly like that. You might lag someone's computer too. Be considerate,stop spamming in dorm rooms. I do not wish to warn you again.

more_horiz
Then if its such a problem y don't u just ask us to delete the posts and unlock the room? Plus those little guys have small graphics and unless you put 100 or more, it would most likely not lag a computer. There is no such rule saying that you cannot put those guys In mass numbers. If you don't like it don't lock the whole room just ask us to take them down and we will

more_horiz
There is a rule about when a message becomes spam. As a matter of fact it goes to say that it depends on the amount of words and message within those words.

Technically, there's no words there so it's considered spam.

more_horiz
I could have deleted them myself but then there would be no proof of the spam. Spam is not allowed and I will lock the topic without warning up-front. I know very well that simply saying ''no spam please'' won't work nowdays because my class in elementary school was immune to the nice treatment. It's the tough way or no way man.

more_horiz
Rocke, sections 2.1 and 2.2 of the rules of the academy state that "that" post provided as an example by turtle is indeed spam and must be treated as such.

2 ) DO NOT Spam. The following is considered as Spam:
2.1 - Posting messages which contain under 10 words, such as "WTF?!", "lol", "ok", "cool story" and various others.
2.2 - Posting messages which contain totally irrelevant content and have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic and its content.

more_horiz
RockeYuki wrote:
Recently, our dorm leader locked a room for spam. Not really fair :3 rooms are meant to be spammed. its where people can type  what they want. the room that was locked and that i m requesting that gets unlocked is called, Shiro's Room. a few posts back to my first dorm room, it got locked, but unlocked after. and it had twice as much as shiros room.  my first room had 11 pages. while shiros had 5. please unlock his room, for it isnt fair

Thank you,
RockeYuki

RockeYuki wrote:
Then if its such a problem y don't u just ask us to delete the posts and unlock the room? Plus those little guys have small graphics and unless you put 100 or more, it would most likely not lag a computer. There is no such rule saying that you cannot put those guys In mass numbers. If you don't like it don't lock the whole room just ask us to take them down and we will

Rocke, it's Turts dorm, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it, if you feel you have been unfairly treated, pm and admin and complain to them

more_horiz
I don't feel unfairly treated, I feel some other guy has been.

more_horiz
Sorry for double post but I'm on. A mobile and can't edit nor delete but here http://www.duelacademy.net/t27311p105-rocke-s-room skip to page 8 and look for kurunos 2nd post. In it was a quote by spade saying and I quote

Baby, rooms are allowed to be spammed, it's someone's own personal place to do anything they want. You can RP in here if you wish to.

more_horiz
*is touched that your the 1st person that has ever defended me besides teminus* thanks Rocke but i dont really want you to get in trouble for my post its okay xD this has happened to me many times and im used to it. personally i think its better to start a new post cause then you can think of new ideas to put on that one. But beyond that thanks dude. Locking rooms 1802729531 

more_horiz
Shiro569 wrote:
*is touched that your the 1st person that has ever defended me besides teminus* thanks Rocke but i dont really want you to get in trouble for my post its okay xD this has happened to me many times and im used to it. personally i think its better to start a new post cause then you can think of new ideas to put on that one. But beyond that thanks dude. Locking rooms 1802729531 

Nicely said. Calm the arguments and start anew! Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to just make a new one!

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
I could have deleted them myself but then there would be no proof of the spam. Spam is not allowed and I will lock the topic without warning up-front. I know very well that simply saying ''no spam please'' won't work nowdays because my class in elementary school was immune to the nice treatment. It's the tough way or no way man.

Actually, you can quote them, then delete.

more_horiz
No offense, but you think that because Spade said something like that, it's a rule? No offense to you, nor to Spade, but have you ever met him? More importantly than that, the official rules page details what constitutes spam, as heatnix said. This topic is not a valid appeal for that topic to be unlocked, especially due to the fact that you aren't appealing your own topic in the first place, considering that the maker of said topic posted in this saying that it does not matter.

more_horiz
i never said i didn't care i just said im used to it. i am very mad that it was locked but id rather have it locked then have a friend get in trouble for defending me.But yes the rules do state that it is spam even though i do believe cause its my dorm room i should be the one in control of my room and what goes on in it but beyond that i just don't want my friend to get in trouble.Locking rooms 1802729531 Locking rooms 1802729531 Locking rooms 1802729531

more_horiz
The topic got locked due to spam. Noone is in trouble this time. Do not worry. Locking this topic too,case closed. If you want to spam ask permission for a spam thread on DA in Off-Topic or spam in private messaging to each other.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply