Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYami Spirit Duels! EmptyYami Spirit Duels!

more_horiz
Simple concept.
Uncertain how to do it...

Simply put two people share one deck. Sorta like Yami/Atem and Yugi or Yuma and Astral. So basically I(duelist) would work with someone else (duelist2/teammate) to decide what moves to make together against someone else (opponents) doing the same thing.

The problem is it would be a major pain in the ass to execute. You would probably need to screen share over some type of messaging system. Audio chat would be ideal because typing and dueling would be incredibly inconvenient and not everyone has a mic and some people's Skype is more unreliable than others.

I think this could be fun if anyone can think of a simple way of making this work. If not, forget about it. It was just a random idea that popped into my head. But if you can think of something I would definitely like to hear it.

Bye for now!

descriptionYami Spirit Duels! EmptyRe: Yami Spirit Duels!

more_horiz
That's kinda creepy. Having people determine my every move. However, this could fit into an RP quite nicely. The two people can decide your character's fate, depending on their goals. Putting this through... Just have a person overwatch your duel? That's all I can think of.

more_horiz
Hm, a unique idea indeed lol. I don't know if members would want this so much, I mean after all, everyone wants the victory to be written on their name and only theirs, no help from outside Smile

However, I don't know how this could work yet, idea as it is has earned attention, if we will figure something out with it, thats another thing we will see, if we see it at all Smile

more_horiz
The idea is not bad, it's fun actually and I can see people wanting to do this... problem being...

You need 4 people online for 1 duel. Team matches and tournaments often go to hell because of this same reason; it simply is too hard to get 4 people online at the same time for one duel even when only 1 of them isn't as active.

All of them would need to be really active, as in be here daily checking from time to time to be able to pull this off-- on ONE duel. A whole event? yikes.

more_horiz
Get some people to try it out first. Hand select a few to do it. See the outcome, and ask what each other felt. Is it something people would like doing? Was it educational?

more_horiz
or we could start oprah show on how ppl felt when they had soul mates while dueling Yami Spirit Duels! 4144076462 Yami Spirit Duels! 2966412087 Yami Spirit Duels! 2311628747 

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
That's kinda creepy.  Having people determine my every move.  However, this could fit into an RP quite nicely. The two people can decide your character's fate, depending on their goals.  Putting this through...  Just have a person overwatch your duel? That's all I can think of.

For one, no one will be dictating your every move. You will work together in making your moves. This will be interesting because you may learn from each other or you will argue with your teammate until he rage quit's and leaves you to duel against your opponents alone. xD

I wish that your teammate could simply watch/spectate the duel in order to play this game but duelist can't show their hands to the spectators. I suppose you could just private chat what your hand is but this would be more time-consuming than it already is.

Abby Kool wrote:
I don't know if members would want this so much, I mean after all, everyone wants the victory to be written on their name and only theirs, no help from outside Smile

I agree. But who knows? If people find it really fun they might be okay with sharing the glory. If they hate it they'll just stop playing, start complaining, and then throw feces at me Sad

Heatnix wrote:

You need 4 people online for 1 duel. Team matches and tournaments often go to hell because of this same reason; it simply is too hard to get 4 people online at the same time for one duel even when only 1 of them isn't as active.

All of them would need to be really active, as in be here daily checking from time to time to be able to pull this off-- on ONE duel. A whole event? yikes.

This is incredibly true. If this were ever to happen it would have to be an annual or biannual event. More people would sign up knowing that if they don't, they would have to wait another year (or 6 months - biannual) to join the event.

If the first event sucked, you can mention in the description how something or other was added or removed that everyone complained about after the last event.

I would also like to add, I think an event like this could help n00bs like me become better duelists. (: 

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply