Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionnew plant deck help needed Emptynew plant deck help needed

more_horiz
hi i'm trying out a plant deck i absolutely have no idea what to do here so can some1 plz kindly explain me the focus of this deck and any suggestions

new plant deck help needed 69erdg

descriptionnew plant deck help needed EmptyRe: new plant deck help needed

more_horiz
What you have there is a mish-mash of Plant monsters without a strategy...yeah, it looks awful. There are 2 main types of Plant decks, and the 1st thing you need to do is decide which you want to shoot for.

The 1st type utilizes Black Garden to take control of the field and slow down the game. It uses cards like Fragrance Storm to tribute the tokens your opponent will get from your summons and makes heavy use of setting monsters like Botanical Lion and Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter. It uses the tokens you receive from your opponent's summons as fuel for cards like Tytannial and Pollinosis.

The 2nd type is more of a very annoying beatdown deck that focuses pretty much entirely on Tytannial. The idea is pretty simple. Summon Tytannial via Lonefire Blossom or with Dandylion tokens, and then once she's in the graveyard, use Lord Poison to summon her again. When you start running out of ways to summon her, you use Pot of Avarice to start it all over again. Rinse and repeat. Your opponent will get so sick of seeing that big 2800 ATK monster who can block half your opponent's effects that your opponent will yield out of frustration.

Tell me what type of Plants you want to use, then make up your deck anew, and then I'll help you fix it.

EDIT: and PLEASE try to keep the deck to 40 cards. 42 maximum. 45 is way too much and hurts consistency.

more_horiz
so tell me what cards i need most and the one's i need to get rid off for the 2nd strategy.

more_horiz
"Tell me what type of Plants you want to use, then make up your deck anew, and then I'll help you fix it."

One of my ethics is to not do the work for people. I already told you what the basics of the strategy are. Come up with a basic deck for it and then I'll help you touch it up. I'm not the type to make the deck for you. You put in your work and I'll help you polish what it is you made with your own hands.

descriptionnew plant deck help needed Emptynew and imporoved

more_horiz
wow i am really touched by your response
i always viewed you as a strict highschool teacher that always want everything perfect
but now i know u have a heart in there somewhere.

anyway this is my new and improved deck.
i tested it out and it went great. so i'm lookin for any minor changes lets see how u like itnew plant deck help needed 72el2d

more_horiz
Ok, so this is something that I can work with.

First, I suggest siding the Hedge Guard. It isn't worth using against many decks so just side it in when you think it'll actually be useful. Soldier of Mist Valley looks random here, especially since you don't have both Brain Control and Mind Control. Rose Tentacles is only useful in the Black Garden build. It's actually a pretty awful card outside of that build. You should definitely be adding in some copies of Gigantic Cephalotus. He's a nice, easily summoned beatstick. I'd also consider maxing out on Botanical Lion. Remember that the Lion's stats are basically 1900/2000 and they increase if you have another Plant monster on the field. He's 1 of the best beatsticks available in a Plant deck and has some of the best stats of any 4 star monster. You can also try adding Violet Witch, who is a good searcher, although Sangan may be enough in some cases. Since your monster count seems somewhat low, you may want to consider adding in an LS engine of 2 Ryko, 2 Lyla, and 2 Light Brigade. That will give you more effects that destroy your opponent's cards while also loading up the grave for Lord Poison and Pot of Avarice. You should also consider maxing out Tytannial and definitely do so if you add the LS engine.

For your s/t cards, Fissure is a bad card choice. Smashing Ground will always be better and neither will be needed if you decide to run the LS engine because Ryko will take care of you in that respect. You should never need 2x Lightning Vortex. 1 should always be enough. Mark of the Rose is a fun and interesting card, but it messes with the targets for Pot of Avarice and Lord Poison and it can't be used early on in the duel. Pollinosis is tough to use properly outside of a Black Garden deck, because you don't have those extra tokens from Black Garden that you can tribute. Wall of Thorns, like Mirror Force, is sort of a card that you have to be careful when maining. It isn't chainable, and unlike Mirror Force it's also slightly more situational. I suggest keeping a couple copies of it in the side to make sure your opponent isn't using a deck that can easily clear your field each turn before siding it in. Pot of Avarice is an important card for the deck and you should have at least 2 mained. Definitely max it out if you add the LS engine. I'd toss out the Threatening Roar. It was an awesome card in the March format, but now there are slightly less OTK-style decks . . . it's more about control, so you probably won't be needing Threatening Roar like you did last format.

An alternate way to play this deck if you don't add the LS engine is to add in Barbaros, Skill Drain, and Trade-In, then use less copies of cards that could get hurt by Skill Drain like Botanical Lion and Twilight Rose Knight. Trade-In works for both Barbaros and Tytannial so you should have plenty of targets for it.

If you decide to keep the Marks of the Rose, then I'd suggest also adding in Mind Control, then having even more tuners such as Gale and maybe E Tele + Krebons/Psychic Commander.

If you decide to run the LS engine, other cards to consider are Necro Gardna and Plaguespreader Zombie.

more_horiz
wow it looks like u really put in a lot of work. and i greatly appreciate it. new plant deck help needed Icon_biggrin
i putted in roar and vortex anyway to make a 40 card deck cuz the LS idea doesnt really appeal to me.

anyway thanks for the help and ill see u in the tournament

more_horiz
Like I said, if you put in your part of the work, I'll put in my part to help ya out. If you're not gonna go with LS, then I strongly suggest using the Drain/Barbaros/Trade-In version.

more_horiz
Miracle Fertilizer, The World Tree, Mark of the Rose, and Seed Cannon could be helpfull, they work perfectly with my plant deck.
You can use Botanical Girl and Violet Witch to get Black Rose night in you hand for quick syncros as well.

more_horiz
Miracle Fertilizer is somewhat situational and stops your normal summon for the turn, which is important to plants. The World Tree ain't bad. Mark of the Rose he already has in there, although I consider it a difficult card to use because not only is it situational but you also have to remove a Plant in your grave from play, which is bad since Plants like to abuse Pot of Avarice. Seed Cannon is crap. Botanical Girl and Violet Witch are decent searchers and are good in certain builds, but having too many searchers can slow decks down which is bad in this format.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply