Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionJunk Flash EmptyJunk Flash

more_horiz
https://i.imgur.com/cyN04Ie.png

I've been working on this deck for months, trying to get it where I have the best chance of pulling a Synchro Summon in the first couple of turns. I also can't decide where to work in a level 1 tuner for Formula Synchron for Shooting Star Dragon, but I left it in my Extra Deck so I don't completely throw out the idea by forgetting about it. I also need to fit Majestic Dragon in for Majestic Star. I just can't decide what to do from here. Any ideas?

descriptionJunk Flash EmptyRe: Junk Flash

more_horiz
._. I don't even know half of these cards.
-20 cards that doesn't help special summon. This includes Freed, Speed warrior, and Silver Wing thing that can't be destroyed twice per turn.

more_horiz
Hot mess.

-2 Freed
-2 Fortress Warrior
-1 Joan

You know what? just keep these:

Doppelwarrior
Junk Synchron
Quickdraw Synchron
Synchron Explorer
Quillbolt Hedgehog

You need

Level Eater
Unknown Synchron
Effect Veiler

Maybe keep Tuningware

Spells...

See, what you have, just keep tuning. You need

Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot of Varice
Mind Control
Dark Hole

Traps you need stuff like

Solemn Warning
Fiendish Chain
Bottomless Traphole
Dimensional Prison

You could also use Armory Arm in your extra.

more_horiz
Heatnix. You sound like you're trying to make him run Synchron Quasar. If anything, this seems like a real life deck.

more_horiz
I'm just trying to do... do something. Anything =p

more_horiz
Yeah, I admit, anything would make this deck better. Just listen to them e.e

more_horiz
See that button under rename deck? Press it.

more_horiz
The reason Freed is in the deck is another tutor for Synchron. Speed Warrior is there for synchro material scrap, and Shield Wing is for a defensive option if I get an absolute garbage of a hand. As for the people telling me to throw out over half the deck, really? It isn't quite that bad. It works well as-is, I was looking for ways to make more small improvements, not overhaul the deck. I appreciate that you are trying to help, but you're being narrow-minded if you think all these cards are bad for some reason. Also, while I do run Star Dragon, I didn't ever plan on adding Quasar, because it's still mainly a Junk Synchron deck. All the other Synchros are option picks so I have more star combos to bring out. I would probably take out Draco-Equiste if someone didn't look at this deck and rape it over my face because they think it looks dumb.

Rai, I understand that you think every card being able to summon is a good idea, but if you don't draw the Synchron, you're kinda bumscrewed. So, I have a few tutor options.

General idea of cards I can live without in the deck for increased Synchro power, in the interests of helping you help me:
Necro Linker (I don't really like the effect, it just leaves Synchron exposed for a turn unless I have Urgent Tuning down)
Noble Knight Joan (Don't use it's effect as often as I thought, but it's a recycle option for Synchron)
Draco-Equiste+Polymerization+1 Gaia Knight (I really can't remember my thoughts when I put that in, it's a cool option, but 6 is actually the hardest number to pull off with this deck for some reason. ) (side note, I'd probably throw out one of the Junk Gardna's as well for above reason, I don't hit 6 often enough to keep 2 of them in the deck.)
Sonic Warrior (I hardly ever use it, and it's effect never effects anything when I do use it.)
Shield Worm (It's a random level 4 insect monster, it's effect is practically useless, take one card from their deck.)
Speed Warrior (I guess I see that it's really a dead draw for me. It's only use is grave synchro material with Junk Synchron's effect, and that shouldn't be a problem needing an extra card to deal with.)

The rest, unless I were to completely change directions with the deck, are pretty crucial to me.

more_horiz
I see your points, problem is that there's too much stuff going on. You need to cut back on all those... combos and stick to the most powerful ones, to fewer ideas and make a smaller deck that will respond faster rather than waiting for the precise cards to do one of all of those combos. It's simply a suggesting, the game is just a game and it's for fun. If you like your deck as is then just go for it, have fun.

more_horiz
Any particular reason why it HAS to be Shooting Star Dragon? I would think most people would go for Shooting Quasar since you get Shooting Star when it dies anyway...Laval Shooting Quasar OTK is always a fun troll deck to play, and the good ones are actually consistent even without playing Shooting Quasar (Lavalval Dragon is a bit broken IMO...).Also I don't know too much about this stuff,but seriously,less monsters,more searchers for consistency O-o...problem is I don't know what searchers since I'm not familiar with the cards you run. But I'm sure Pot of Duality would definitely help consistency....mentioning it since no one else did.
BTW, Heatnix, why did you abandon us!! Your were one of the only Slifers I was on friendly terms with!!! Seriously, I plan on being Slifer for life,but if Mahdi quits or decides to rank up I'll have no choice but to do so as well....

more_horiz
Yeah, unless the deck is made to be 60 cards, running 60 is a terrible idea. And you should limit your combos to a few rather than putting in a lot and hoping they work.

more_horiz
Well do consider he might want to run his own gig too and try new things. Yes, we can suggest him the usual synchro decks, but maybe there's a middle ground to compromise and make his idea *sort of* work.

Taznkid you're always welcome to join Ra. You can post in my new Ra room too and all that stuff.

more_horiz
Well, I do agree with Heatnix, He should do his own gig, but when it comes to deck construction, you need to focus on a theme, a purpose for the deck. Synchrons are known for synchro spam and nothing more. You can't just run random cards that don't fit the purpose of the deck nor use an eff that completely disregard what you are planning to do. For example, Fortress Warrior, his effect prevents him from being destroyed by battle and you won't loss any lifepoints, but does it fit to the purpose of the deck which is focused on synchro spam? No, because it will delay you a turn for you to set-up. Synchrons don't wait for a set-up unless the opponent has a massive backrow that it will be understandable to stall for a turn. Synchrons does not want to stall, they are a all-out deck. That is why Fortress Warrior does not fit at all. Get my point? So for this deck you need cards that can help you draw, search, and special summon fast before your opponent can set-up. Cards that can destroy other cards are always good as well. I hope I helped you get an idea of what you need. 

FYI: If you like, you can still use all the star dragons in your extra deck. In a Synchro Deck, the main problem is not the Extra Deck, it is the Main Deck.

more_horiz
I shall address that I am going for Shooting Star simply because it's not very meta to do so, and everyone else prefers Shooting Quasar. I pride myself on having never actively tried to run a meta deck and still do alright. And I don't run Synchrons, just the one and the one that can be any other. Synchron Explorer isn't a Synchron itself, cause it isn't a tuner. However, it's good for making an unexpected Junk Warrior when the Synchron is in the grave, or Archer/Berzerker if I have a monster left on the field, since the prevalent level of my deck is 2 to fit with Synchron's ability to SS graveside. I have defenses because packing a deck for just one play isn't my style, and sometimes you'll dead-draw into two separate combos at once, no matter how few you have in the deck, and you need recovery time to get other cards for one of your combos. T.G. Hyper Librarian + Tuningware is a good draw engine for a new combo, because if you Synchro with Tuningware you get 1 draw + 1 for Synchro summoning Librarian. and since none of you seem familiar with some of the cards I use, I shall list them in the next post. Maybe that could help, since all I get is "Take out all the defenders" and "Take out some combos."

more_horiz
Boost Warrior: If you control a face-up Tuner monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position. All Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
Doppelwarrior: When a monster is Special Summoned from your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material Monster, you can Special Summon 2 "Doppel Tokens" (Warrior-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 400/DEF 400) in Attack Position.
Freed the Matchless General: Negate any Spell effects that target this card, and if you do, destroy that Spell Card. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.
Key Man the Key Warrior: Once per turn, you can change this card's Level to 3, until the End Phase.
Max Warrior: If this card attacks an opponent's monster, this card gains 400 ATK during the Damage Step only. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, until your next Standby Phase, this card becomes Level 2 and its original ATK and DEF are halved.
Noble Knight Joan: If this card attacks, it loses 300 ATK during the Damage Step only. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard, you can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to add 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
Necro Linker: You can Tribute this card to select 1 "Synchron" Tuner monster in your Graveyard. Special Summon that monster. It cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster during the turn it is Special Summoned by this effect.
Sphere of Chaos: While this card is face-up on the field its Attribute is also treated as LIGHT. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can add 1 Level 3 monster from your Deck to your hand.

more_horiz
I get where you're coming from, and I see the combo potential furthermore I applaud you on not going full meta-bee, but it's too much stuff. I like the way you're thinking on your deck, but you're cutting your possibilities by a lot right now.

Pick a couple of strategies and focus on those. Keep all the junk cards (lol(which is to say junk themed, not that they are junk)) and go for Shooting Star with a strategy. Cut back on a lot of extra warriors you have you won't be needing like Fortress Warrior, Joan and Freed. You can make this work without going meta, but you need to be able to fend off meta decks... so you need speed, reliability, a way to come back AND a clear method to deal damage. Right now you're missing speed and reliability because the deck is too big and has too many ideas going on.

Force it to 40 cards, cut back on needless strategies. Give it a shot. It's an online deck database, you literally lose nothing but a couple of minutes of your online life, given that 90% of the time we're online we're wasting time, you won't lose anything.

more_horiz
Okay, so I shall attempt to work without the warrior cards ive been using. Nixed a total of 24 cards and added a level 1 tuner for Formula Synchron, and Majestic Dragon for Majestic Star.

https://i.imgur.com/QYXnhWA.png

I hope this looks better. I kept the original variant I posted and renamed this one so that if I don't like the new one, I can revert and make less drastic changes lol

more_horiz
See? that wasn't so bad and it's a copy, so you can mess around with this one and have your original deck on the side just in case.

From here on now, look at your monsters and think which ones would be a horrible draw when your field is empty and your hand is mediocre. Which ones won't help for immediate synchro, mostly since that's what you're aiming for.

more_horiz
+1 Tuning
+1 Call of the Haunted?
-1 Tuningware

You can try triple naturia cherries.  It's an instant +1 on field advantage, and is a great way to deck thin and get a level 1 tuner.

more_horiz
Now that I think about it...I think konami or somebody did a deck highlight for YCS Milan (I think it was Milan) that was about a deck focused on shooting star dragon...maybe it can help.ill try to find the link for

more_horiz
Sorry for the double post,but this is on my iPhone so give me some slack.heres the link:https://tcg.konami-europe.net/coverage/2672/steven-parkes-shooting-star-synchro-deck/

more_horiz
I wouldn't use that deck if I was paid to. I can't find the strategy, unless you just use Camelia to spam out plant tuners and spam synchro to Shooting Star, with quickdraw for a fallback tune of one of two monsters in his extra. also, its traditional, cause Giant Trunade, Brionac of the Ice Barrier and Charge of the Light Brigade are all banned, if memory serves. im trying to keep this deck advanced format. Everything else in the deck seems not very legit, and i dont see any card that standalone could be justified in the deck except Quickdraw and Spore. also, no trap support for his synchros, and none of the spell support was included either.

more_horiz
Does anyone know of a card that could negate the Tuner mechanic of one monster, so I could tune the cherries together for Formula? Just curious.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply