Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionFire Kings FTW EmptyFire Kings FTW

more_horiz
Update: My Fire Kings have not been doing too hot lately…some advice I’ve received from people I’ve lost to was to add some more monster destruction/control. I feel pretty good about my monster and spell line-up….it’s mostly the traps.
Image outdated by the way.
https://i.imgur.com/7S7UZxo.png
Decklist:
Monsters (16)
3x Fire King Avatar Barong
3x Fire King Avatar Yaksha
3x Fire King High Avatar Garunix
3x Enthusiastic Beastman Wolfberk (the main xyz engine of this deck)
1x Flamvell Firedog (lots of decks and guides I looked up thought this was a pretty good card to put in...I can see why)
1x Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
2x Brotherhood of the Fire Fist-Bear
Spells (18)
3x Onslaught of the Fire Kings
3x Circle of the Fire Kings
2x Rekindling
3x Fire Formation-Tenki
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
Traps (6)
2x Torrential Tribute
1x Generation Shift
2x Mirror Force (Deck is kind of weak against OTKs, so thought this might work…main card I’m wondering if I should switch for something else)
1x Safe Zone (When I absolutely have to keep a monster on the field…if it’s a Fire King, I get the effect if the card is destroyed)

Extra Deck:
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Lavalval Chain
2x Diamond Dire Wolf
2x Brotherhood of the Fire Fist-Tiger King
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 50:Blackship of Corn
1x Photon Papilloperative
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Thunder Spark Dragon
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Evilswarm Ouroboros
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis

Side Deck:
2x Effect Veiler
1x D.D. Crow
1x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Summon Breaker
2x Twister
2x Imperial Iron Wall
2x Droll & Lock Bird
2x Dust Tornado
Thanks beforehand guys!

Last edited by taznkid on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

descriptionFire Kings FTW EmptyRe: Fire Kings FTW

more_horiz
- Shift
+1 Firedog
Use traps like BTH, Device, Solemn, Prison.

-2 Dust
+2 Twister
-2 Decree
- 2 cards that are next to Iron Wall
Move some to the Main, but still keep it 40 and add:
2 Light/Dark-Imprisoning
2 Gozen Match
2 Skill/Mind/Soul Drain
Summon Limiter/Breaker (Maybe?)

Your choice.

The Extra is cool.

more_horiz
Kenon wrote:
- Shift
+1 Firedog
Use traps like BTH, Device, Solemn, Prison.
I was actually considering the extra Firedog...but generation shift is a pretty good card for this deck too,I mean one of the strengths of this deck is making monster/backrow targeting misfire; also, these days, with the number of special summons that easily bring out high attack power monsters, I'm not sure if Firedog's effect will really come into play that much...although having another target for rekindling is always good too. I'll consider it.

-2 Dust
+2 Twister
-2 Decree
- 2 cards that are next to Iron Wall
Move some to the Main, but still keep it 40 and add:
2 Light/Dark-Imprisoning
2 Gozen Match
2 Skill/Mind/Soul Drain
Summon Limiter/Breaker (Maybe?)

Your choice.

The Extra is cool.

I like Dust Tornado, not Twister as much. Personal preference.
The Decrees....now that I think about it,yeah,I'll probably always be running at least Torrential Tributes, so I think I'll take those out.
Light/Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror:Is this like a meta-thing? Could you elaborate for this one?
Gozen Match: How could I forget!
Skill/Mind/Soul Drain: Err...you do know my deck basically lives off of graveyard activation and xyz right? Which means skill drain and soul drain are definitely out...mind drain maybe
Summon Limiter/Breaker:Err...I don't really know. I'm not much for continuoous spells/traps since Nephythys might blow them away,and I already get one summon if I use Garunix's eff...yeah,definitely a maybe like you said
Anyway...Thanks alot!

Changes:
-2 Royal Decree
+2 Gozen Match

more_horiz
They used to be good, then Edrags appeared ._.

more_horiz
FluffyTots wrote:
They used to be good, then Edrags appeared ._.

Every deck used to be good...then Evilswarms, Judgment Spellbook, and E-Dragons appeared. And let's not even get started on a certain water attribute deck.

descriptionFire Kings FTW EmptyNaab

more_horiz
Hey,say no word more about Evilswarm they where there before Fire Kings and they still have the same support !

Last edited by Alhemičar on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : naab)

more_horiz
They're still good, I've beaten E-drags with mine before. I use swift scarecrow for when you don't have any monsters. Diamond Dire Wolf will definitely come in with lots of uses. I would also try Kamitari that fire weasel with a sickle. Fire Kings are very good in my opinion. Word of advice though beware Evilswarm Ophion, IT WILL SHUT DOWN GARUNIX.

more_horiz
@Mezumaru was you remembering about our match? Fire Kings FTW 1151057309

Most of the time your use Fire-Attribute so yeah, Imprisonings are good. You can ask Lutalica for more informations ._.

Twister > Dust. Dust can also destroy Set but it doesn't matter. Twister can be used fast to destroy some cards that are sided like Fissure - which is pretty dangerous to Fire King. 500 LPs are not a big deal.

You are right, I am sorry. Fire King's monsters have effects in Hand, Field and Graveyard so no all of it.

Summon Limiter/Breaker: To stop Metas. Basically E-Drag for an example. Metas don't use many cards in backrow so you can side out Sacred Phoenix for Summon Limiter/Breaker.

What Mezu said is ok, too D: I had a hard time fighting with his Scarecrow.

more_horiz
main deck could use one day of peace

Side deck needs Threatening Roar, D.D. Crow, Droll & Lock Bird, Prohibition and keep the royal decree D:

Extra Deck needs Evilswarm Ouroboros

more_horiz
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Here are the changes that I have now made:

-2 Dust Tornado

-2 Kickfire

-1 Needle Ceiling

-1 Abyss Dweller (Honestly the attack points are too low, so the opponent could probably just run over it)

-2 Bottomless Trap Hole

+2 Twister

+2 Summon Breaker

+1 D.D. Crow

+2 Droll & Lock Bird

+1 Evilswarm Ouroboros (How could I forget this guy!)

Now the cards that I don't plan on adding unless I'm thoroughly convinced:

Light/Shadow Imprisoning Mirror: I feel like these are too specific to be of much help, but still considering (since it would help with Light and Darkness Dragon, Evilswarms, Dark World, and some others)

One Day of Peace/Swift Scarecrow/Threatening Roar: Honestly, I have actually not had any trouble with being direct attacked much; I usually always seem to have some effect or trap ready to prevent OTKs, then Garunix (or something else) comes back in Standby and blows everything to oblivion. The only exception to this so far (besides Tier 1) is Madloche, and even against those I did pretty well without those two cards.

Royal Decree:I will almost always be running Torrential Tribute...so no.

Cards I Want to Add but Can't Find Space For:

Prohibition (I can call like an archetype right? For example, rather than a specific card like "Grapha, Dragon-Lord of Dark World" I can be like "Dark World")

Kamitari: I knew this card was useful, but I'm not sure what to take out, since all my other cards are pretty useful too.

PS: Thanks for the warning Mezumaru, that's what Gem-Knight Pearl/Bear/Gagaga Cowboy/Tiger King/Diamond Dire Wolf are for!

more_horiz
No you cannot, you have to call a specific card's name (it's written in the cards text seriously >_>).

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
No you cannot, you have to call a specific card's name (it's written in the cards text seriously >_>).

Oh really? Well that's a bummer....ain't gonna do much then; might still put it in though.

PS:For future reference, can anytime you suggest putting something in, PLEASE suggest something for me to take out...you cannot expect me to figure out what to take out by myself, I think I made that clear in the thread info.

more_horiz
Bump

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply