Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMono-Mermails post LTGY. EmptyMono-Mermails post LTGY.

more_horiz
Mono-Mermails post LTGY. Pqyj7ev

As you see this is a "new" look on the Water deck. I've added Mander and Ocea - the 2 new Mermail monsters that weren't relevant before.

The idea of Mander is Ocea is to make Shock Master, obviously Mander can be used to make other XYZ - rank 5 and 6.
The Shock Lock combo is very simple. It requires having Teus and Mander in hand and Ocea in deck or hand.
[5/20/2013 12:33:20 PM] L.: Discard Mander with Teus. Search Ocea via Teus effect(if needed) and Normal Summon. Banish Mander - make Ocea 4 and Teus 8. Ocea to target Teus, Special Summon any 2 level 4s and send Teus to the Graveyard. Overlay all 3 monsters you have for Shock Master.

So like I said, it's pretty easy to summon Shock Master. Mander gives you access to other "cool" combos, such as Volca+Gaia or even a rank 6 (currently testing Bounzer).

Other tech cards - Vortex and E-con. Vortex has mainly 2 cards to discard: the Mander or Gunde. Take note that Gunde will activate when it's being discard via Vortex, thus SS a Mermail monster from grave.
I don't consider IIW as a tech anymore. It's true that it stops the main combo that I've said so far (with Mander needing to banish itself), but the point of IIW is that it simply stops other Tier 1 decks - E-dragons, Spellbooks and Some of the E.Swarm plays.

As for the fixing, take note that I'm okay with somehow adding Tidal into the deck.

descriptionMono-Mermails post LTGY. EmptyRe: Mono-Mermails post LTGY.

more_horiz
I always considered 3 copies of IIW in my side for match duels against Elemental Dragons or other decks that rely on graveyard. Siding out Mander in that case. Also, you intend to run a 43 card deck?

more_horiz
iAnzo wrote:
I always considered 3 copies of IIW in my side for match duels against Elemental Dragons or other decks that rely on graveyard. Siding out Mander in that case. Also, you intend to run a 43 card deck?

Mermails are consistent even at 53 cards.

Im liking the Abyssmander easy rank 5-6 summon also no side deck?

more_horiz
play as many of the retarded whale as possible.

more_horiz
- Ehh... No side since I'm only testing in Singles. On my 3rd acc (lol).
- 43 is okay for Mermails, every card searches the other one.

Can't really say hows the match-up with E-dragons or Spellbooks, since I haven't played any (good ones) yet. The acc I'm testing this deck is at 600 rating, so still building it up. Mmm... it's pretty easy winning against non-tier 1 decks. I have something like 1 - max 2 losses to 40-50 wins ( I'm not sure the stats I had before this deck ).
Feel free to netdeck it if you like. It would be good if you see like something that the deck needs or something that the deck doesn't need. I'd be happy to know how testing went.

more_horiz
Take out 2 AbyssMander for 1 Abyssdine and 1 Abysshilde

take out lightning vortex and the 2 E-Cons for 3x Tidal

and just get rid of the 3rd AbyssMander and AbyssOcean girl.

Mermails have no business going into rank 5-6s and having the extra ranks just fills up the extra deck with things that could be better options. Also, you mentioned the Shock Master combo with Ocea/mander.... but Mermails aren't a control based deck, they're very aggro, and Shock Master doesn't really help be aggro.

Just spam rank 7s, even if it's just Abyssgaios.

Also, I know you said "mono-mermail" deck, but "Tidal Mermail" is pretty much Mono mermail...but faster because Tidal lets you crank out rank 7s much faster.

more_horiz
We talk about Mono-Mermail here ._.

Also how about siding out 2 Iron Wall? Just my thought tho.

more_horiz
You cannot play the "ohh lets see who rans out of resources 1st" game against E-dragons, you'll lose.
Shock Lock is a win condition that was purposely added to this variant. As for Ranking-up to 5 and 6, it's nice.

Unless I'm adding Tidal to the build, I don't see a reason to remove IIW from the main.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply