Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionBurning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck? EmptyBurning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck?

more_horiz
Alright, so I was looking over the Burning Knucklers (Yes I call them their original name. Battlin' Boxer is stupid imo) And I think if you built the deck well enough you could seriously make an Anti E Drag deck with them against the most common E Drag plays. Lemme explain

Leadblow is pretty unstoppable. I mean the only things to fear with Leadblow are things that remove like D Prison. Even Bottomless doesn't work! Why? Because Bottomless states the the summoned monster is DESTROYED and THEN removed. And Since Leadblow could just detach to avoid the destruction, the removal after effect of Bottomless wouldn't work because Leadblow didn't leave the field to be removed.

Also, typical E Drag builds run little to no traps whatsoever so if you can keep on the offensive against them then the deck can be put into a tough spot.

Now, as for the main threat of E Drag deck; the XYZ's.

Draco-sack is pretty null and void against Leadblow. Draco can't kill it for at least 2 turns with its effect as you can only pop a card by tributing once per turn and Leadblow just detaches and says "Nope!" to the destruction. And while Draco can run over Leadblow while Leadblow it's at 2200 Atk Leadblow will just detach and survive and be able to run over Draco.

Big Eye is a threat as it can just steal your Leadblow from you. However, I suggest main decking Fiendish Chain, Effect Veiler, Breakthrough Skill, XYZ Block, XYZ Reflect and Complusory Evacuation Device. Obviously don't run ALL of these in one deck, but certainly keep 3 Compulse, 2 Veiler and 2 XYZ Block handy.

Now for the final "Big Threat" monster E Drags typically love. Light and Darkness Dragon (LaDD)! This thing is going to give your deck (or any for that matter) the biggest headache going! BUT, it is defeatable. Solemn Warning or Judgement will kill it as LaDD can't play its effect due to technically not hitting the field properly yet when the Solemn duo get played (Same as Seal of Orichalcos can be killed if you chain MST to it, despite the part of its effect that says it can't be destroyed by a card effect once per turn, it technically hasn't hit the field for that effect to apply. Same goes with Solemn vs LaDD) But if you don't have a Solemn handy then just chain 2 cards that will get rid of it as LaDD can only negate once per chain. So a Bottomless to its summon and a Torrential to its negation would kill it off (or, if you have Leadblow then do something like Bottomless or Compulse then chain to LaDD XYZ Block)

The deck is a THEORY deck. I haven't tested it against E Drags yet. If you want to edit it to make it more consistent in stopping their big plays then feel free to. This isn't foolproof so if they are running non standard stuff you may not have cards to counter it. And before anyone moans, yes I haven't countered specifically to Starform Dragon (A tip: Use Compulse on it the moment AFTER it's summoned! It has hit the field and isn't in BP yet. So it can be affected by traps) but there is enough stuff in the deck to stop that. I figured I shouldn't devote more cards to stopping just that monster (which is rarely played by E Drag players typically anyway) as the more common ones are bigger threats then Starform.

So, here's the deck:

https://i.imgur.com/kN4sF0d.png

descriptionBurning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck? EmptyRe: Burning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck?

more_horiz
That will not consistently stop them.

descriptionBurning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck? EmptyRe: Burning Knuckler (Or Battlin' Boxer :/) Anti E Drag Deck?

more_horiz
Harmonia wrote:
That will not consistently stop them.

The deck isn't designed to shut them down totally. It's designed to counter their most common plays and make the duel you are in fair once again.

If I was trying to lock them down completely then I'd be running Imperial Iron Wall at 3. Or cards that stop effects in the grave being allowed.

Also, since when is any deck 100% "consistent" in shutting down another? Simple fact is that if you don't have the cards in hand you can't stop the other players deck. I mean Macro decks, by your logic, aren't "Consistent" cos you can end up not drawing Macro Cosmos for ages. Doesn't mean they are bad. Anyway, that's just my take on what you said. Not trying to be a douche to you, just saying that any deck can be inconsistent if you don't draw the right cards to pull off what the deck is meant to.

more_horiz
Burning Knockers - Fire Fist (Same name -_-)
Anyway, add 3 soul drain to side (Negates hand and Grave effects , since dragons run no MST it will shut them down nicely Wink )

Edit: A rock Xyz Called Giant Arm i think , is rocking v.s Dragons (Rank 4 ,Rock,Earth,Atk and deff 2000 ).Main 3 !

Last edited by Alhemičar on Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
XYZ block is not necessary. Might be useful, but have fun getting out your XYZ monsters with Light and Darkness Dragon on the field. Successful if you can pull off XYZ block with Lead Yoke. SO GOOD. Gains the boost and destroys the card you're countering.

Fiendish Chain doesn't really do anything to le giant beatsticks of dragons.

Shard of Greed isn't what I expected.

Maxx "C" / Flying "C" > Effect Veilers. Spamming the field is the craze these days.

That's all I can find. If you want to screw over the Dragon Rulers, Counter-Blow is really eh. Make sure to save your XYZ blocks against Big Eye or LaDD.

more_horiz
soul drain doesnt prevent the hand effects for edrags just like it wouldnt prevent effect veiler or honest mind drain would stop the hand effects though

more_horiz
Just summon Evilswarm Ophion and set Forbidden Dress.
Problem solved.

more_horiz
Why need to do it instead of using Mind, Soul Drain, Styrgian Dirge, Ophion, Dyna, Crimson, etc,...

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
Just summon Evilswarm Ophion and set Forbidden Dress.
Problem solved.

You must be new here. Evilswarm is not that hard for a good Dragon Ruler use like me to take care of. You got Ophion? I got Blaster. Oh, you have Dress too? Thats fine, I main 3 metaion, 1 mole, and I side 2 Tsukoyomi, and 2 penguin soldier. GL.

more_horiz
Dat PENGUIN SOLDAZ.

Spoiler :

more_horiz
Fail Burning Knuckler Razz

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply