Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRuling for Armageddon Designator  EmptyRuling for Armageddon Designator

more_horiz
-Armageddon Designator-
Banish 1 card from your hand, face-up; during this Duel, neither player can activate cards/effects with that card's name.

Can I activate Armageddon Designator on the field and banish an Armageddon Designator from my hand?

Is there a ruling saying I can't?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

If I use the effect on a card that is already on the field, will it be destroyed? If I banished a 1 Black Luster Soldier from my hand (due to Armageddon Designator's effect) would a Black Luster Soldier that is on the field be destroyed?

Last edited by Jikan on Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionRuling for Armageddon Designator  EmptyRe: Ruling for Armageddon Designator

more_horiz
You can. Since Designator already activated, it will remain active as it's a continuous effect.

I don't see why you would do that though, nor do I see why you would run it when Prohibition is available.

descriptionRuling for Armageddon Designator  EmptyRe: Ruling for Armageddon Designator

more_horiz
Alikaey wrote:
You can. Since Designator already activated, it will remain active as it's a continuous effect.

I don't see why you would do that though, nor do I see why you would run it when Prohibition is available.

It's not a continuous trap. It's a normal trap and the effect resolves upon activation. Meaning that the card will go to the graveyard and the effect will last the entire duel. Assuming it was not destroyed upon activation.

Prohibition is more vulnerable due to the fact that it remains on the field waiting to be destroyed. Also I noticed that Prohibition mentioned "Cards already on the field are not affected (including face-down cards)". Armageddon Designator did not specify.

Also, being that Armageddon Designator goes directly to the graveyard after use I can use more. However the cost For AD is greater and requires waiting for the right card.

more_horiz
If BLS is on the field after Armageddon used its effect to banish BLS, BLS will stay, as its effect isn't being used.

more_horiz
1. You can banish another copy of the card from your hand, yes. I see no reason in doing so, but, technically, yes, you can.

2. BLS isn't destroyed, if you read the card text again, it only specifies that you cannot activate a card/effect, means if you banished BLS, BLS would become a 3000 ATK beater like his Ritual brother. That does not make him a Normal monster, though. Continuous and Condition Effects are still applied, for example, if you banish Spirit Reaper, face-up Spirit Reapers would still not be able to be destroyed by battle and will still be destroyed if tey are targeted for an effect.

more_horiz
It's a Continuous Effect, Jikan.

more_horiz
Actually it places a lingering condition onto the field, hands, graveyards, banished zone, extra deck and deck.

But ain't nobody got time for that.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply