Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHave a Rookie Tourney EmptyHave a Rookie Tourney

more_horiz
I was posting around the Forums, and noticed a topic called "Rookie Tourney". Now, there's no information or anything in it, just a blank space for threads. The idea is somewhat intriguing though, so maybe we can look into having one?

descriptionHave a Rookie Tourney EmptyRe: Have a Rookie Tourney

more_horiz
Agreed... But what is it? ._.

more_horiz
Being a Rookie myself. Maybe I could suggest somethings, qualifications and such. Your stats on DN must be under a certain amount. You must not have over a certain amount of DP or at the very least you must never have won a tournament.

I just thought of something that would make this tourney awesome.

Rookies could have 'sponsors'. For every rookie there would be someone to train them to win the tourney. The DP prize would be divided amongst the Rookie and the Sponsor/Trainer!

more_horiz
I agree. Maybe a dorm upgrade, and limit it to Slifer's, since they're the rookies of the academy?

more_horiz
While in theory its a cool and interesting idea, there is no way to guarantee that someone is a rookie. Someone could be using an alt on DN that has very poor stats to enter and win the tournament. Also, just defining who a rookie would be by their DN account would be nearly impossible because it only tracks your ranked games. Someone could have below average ranked stats but have played thousands of unranked games

more_horiz
Why don't we keep track of "rookies" using the league system? See who's had wins and losses here, showing our skill against other academy members. May be a more accurate way to determine such.

more_horiz
I agree with XraishionX. This will help mods and admins see suspicious activity for alt accounts. If someone created an account immediately after the tourney is announced and began losing a lot of games one after another.

HOWEVER, at the end of the day the DP will be split amongst you(the rookie) and your sponsor. And if the sponsor's IP matches their rookie we can know easily.

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
Why don't we keep track of "rookies" using the league system? See who's had wins and losses here, showing our skill against other academy members. May be a more accurate way to determine such.

And those who haven't played for the league?

more_horiz
0-0 and slifer = rookie =]

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
XraishionX wrote:

And those who haven't played for the league?

Fair point.

I think the best way to do this are to have users nominate the 'trainers/sponsors'. Those trainers can than hunt down a rookie they wish to sponsor. If an admin believes that the rookie they(the sponsor) chose is too experienced they must find someone else.

Of course the rookies don't need to compete - they can pass.

What do you think?

more_horiz
I like all these ideas. We need a Mod to take a look.

more_horiz
Agreed with Jikan.
@ EHeroDuelist: We could always just say those who haven't participated much in the league or isn't very active may not participate in the Rookie Tourneys. Oh Shit Though a very bad idea.

more_horiz
The greatest benefit about this tourney is the fact that each rookie will have an experienced duelist to teach them great strategies and deck creating tips. This is going to be awesome to watch. Rookies being trained by the top duelist pitted against each other.

It sounds lame but it's gonna be awesome if executed correctly.

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
Agreed with Jikan.
@ EHeroDuelist: We could always just say those who haven't participated much in the league or isn't very active may not participate in the Rookie Tourneys. Oh Shit Though a very bad idea.

Please, I rarely play in BA; if I'm playing in a Tourney and my opponents are rookies... you see where I'm going with this?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply