Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSorry about making another thread like this, but . . . EmptySorry about making another thread like this, but . . .

more_horiz
Yeah, sorry about this; if I'd just edited the other thread, though, there was no real guarantee that I'd get any more replies.

Anyway, this is to continue the other thread topic my Deck (does mean that the mods could just merge them afterwords); the kind of Dark Magician Deck I want to have is one that can:

1. Bring out the true powers of the Dark Magician and the Dark Magician Girl, along with the Spell Cards that were made support the Dark Magician and his allies/cohorts/whatever you wanna call them

2. Summoning Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Sorcerer of Dark Magic as quickly as possible and keeping them no matter what my opponent tries. And keeping my Life Points safe as well, if possible

3. Make it as competitive and as powerful as possible.

My main problem, I think, is that I'm not sure how to use a Side Deck even if I did make one. I want to keep Magic Formula and two Black Magic Rituals, along with three Magicians of Black Chaos, but it seems like I'll have to make a Side Deck since it can't all fit in the Main Deck.

I've already ordered Dark Magician of Chaos since I have Dedication through Light and Darkness already (I'll use it and maybe also Magician of Faith and Pot of Greed in Traditional Duels), and I've also ordered Magic Formula, Burial from a Different Dimension, Thousand Knives, Arcanite Magician, and T.G. Hyper Librarian, and the Spellcaster's Command Structure Deck maybe I should get another Magician's Valkyria just in case that Deck only comes with one).

I'm thinking of also getting the Return of the Duelist Booster Box (for the Spellbook Spellcards and the Prophecy monsters so I can put some good Spellbook Spell Cards into my Deck, like Spellbook of Wisdom), the Prophecy Destroyer Tin, and Effect Veiler (x2), Trap Jammer, Trap Stun,
Destruction Jammer, Hidden Spellbook, Dark Bribe, maybe Jinzo and
Amplifier, and also any other cards for negating Monster, Spell, and
Trap effects. I also have Sorcerer of Dark Magic, but he's a bit hard
to summon for me right now so I need to make him easier to summon with my Deck.

Also, what cards from this post at Yahoo! Answers should I get?

Spoiler :

I could also get Spell Economics and Dark Magic Curtain to use in a combo for summoning the Dark Magician quickly and also not have to pay any Life Points for activating Dark Magic Curtain.

To be able to summon Arcanite Magician and T.G. Hyper Librarian easily, I should probably get some Level 3 and/or 4 Spellcaster-Type Tuners as well. I also have the Level 1 Effect Veiler I'm going to be ordering, but I want to keep her more for her effect (I'll use her to Tune when I have to, as well).

I live in Saudi Arabia, just to let you guys; I got all of my cards while I was in the US, but then complications came up and we had to leave. And Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon cards aren't allowed here either, so I'm having to put in my sister's address in the Shipping Address area when ordering cards (she's married and is in the US). I'll have to wait until she comes here before I can actually get the cards, and I heard she's coming here in December. I'll try to place the rest of my orders by November.

Anyway, now I'll post my current real life Deck List and also a list of all the other cards I have; please help me out here.

Monsters
Dark Magician x3
Dark Magician Girl
Gemini Elf
Tsukuyomi
Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Old Vindictive Magician
Chaos Command Magician
Magician of Faith
Apprentice Magician x2
Junk Synchron
Sunny Pixie
Skilled Dark Magician x2
Buster Blader
Dark
Eradicator Warlock (in here for his effect; I could take him out to put
in another one my Magicians of Black Chaos instead of putting it into
the Side Deck)
Breaker the Magical Warrior

Spells
Magical Blast
Diffusion Wave-Motion
Mage Power
Dedication through Light and Darkness
Magical Dimension x2
Mystical Space Typhoon
Swords of Revealing Light
Pot of Greed
Dark Magic Attack
Dark Hole
Polymerization
Lightning Vortex
Monster Reborn
Sage's Stone
Monster Reincarnation
Spell Absorption

Traps
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
Divine Wrath
Negate Attack
Magic Cylinder

Extra Deck
Dark Paladin

Rest of my Cards:
Spoiler :

There's one thing I need to ask: how come so many people on here think Prisma trying to masquerade as Buster Blader in a Deck that doesn't have Buster Blader itself in it, considering what the Prisma card itself actually says, will work? I looked at the card on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia and it clearly states that the card you're trying to have Prisma substitute for has to be in your Deck for it to work. If you don't have Buster Blader and you try to do it, it won't work. The best monsters to use as substitutions are the "Hex-Sealed Fusion" cards.

descriptionSorry about making another thread like this, but . . . EmptyRe: Sorry about making another thread like this, but . . .

more_horiz
-_-
Well... I'm going to answer only 2 question of yours
ANSWERS
1. When people told you to run Prisma knowing you have Dark Paladin, We do not mean for you to substitute it for Buster Blader knowing you don't have one in the deck (and please don't run him either). Prisma purpose in the deck is to use his effect to substitute it as Dark Magician, not Buster Blader, to the grave. Please read my post carefully from your last Deck post because I explained it to you the combo of using Prisma. Get 2-3 Daigusto Emeral please because one of his effects allows you to special summon a normal monster from the grave.
2. Every card in the list from Yahoo Answers are bad except Trap Stun and Imperial Order (Traditional Only)

descriptionSorry about making another thread like this, but . . . EmptyRe: Sorry about making another thread like this, but . . .

more_horiz
Thanks for the answer and clarification. I'll see if I can squeeze in Trap Stun, but I don't like Imperial Order at all because of the cost. And that card also gave me hell on Duel Monsters Online (BYOND Game--not there anymore, it seems).

About Daigusto Emeral: I do like the effect, but it's not a Warrior or Spellcaster. I might run it, but I do also need to know about a Spellcaster-Type Xyz Monster or two that would be good in my Deck. And 2 or three Warriors; of course, most of my monsters have to be Spellcasters.

Do remember that the Deck I posted about is my real Deck (in real life). And all the cards I mentioned in that spoiler tag are the cards I have; I wanted to if anyone thinks there are cards in there, if any, that I should put in my Deck in exchange of some others.

And of course there's the whole Side Deck business.

more_horiz
You shouldn't worry about the cost, actually the cost is so low for negating all spell cards, even Mystical Space Typhoon. The card is ban for a reason. You can't be afraid to scratch of a few or large amount of life points just to protect your cards. If you don't want your cards to get destroyed, get starlight road. Protects you and so many players a whole loads of time. Obviously I will tell you to run Stardust Dragon.

more_horiz
Why just Stardust? I actually have Majestic Dragon and Majestic Star Dragon already, I just need to buy Stardust itself. And when I do buy it, and I have the resources in this Deck that I'd need to be able to Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon (the right Level Tuners required, considering my Deck build), I'll put him in my Extra Deck. For an ATK stat of 3800, Majestic Star Dragon's effect is solid and it's a great card. I want to be able to use it.

Also, which of the Trap Cards I have in there should I keep while trying to make room or Starlight Road and Trap Jammer? Or should I just keep all six of the cards in the Deck? I want to have as many Spell Cards as I can without throwing my balance ratio off.

And should I take out Junk Synchron to put in Tuned Magician or not? Also, speaking of Tuned Magician (and other Gemini monsters), can the condition of "Normal Summoning it again" be met when I've already conducted a Normal Summon in the same turn, or do I have to wait until my next turn before I can Tune (in which case I'll also be at my opponent's mercy unless I have some face-down cards that could save me)? In this case, I'm thinking of a scenario where I have a Level 4 monster on the field that I just summoned while I'd already had Tuned Magician on the field from the previous turn, and I'm asking if I could use Tuned Magician's effect to Tune for Stardust Dragon on that same turn.

And with Tuned Magician, since I'll also have Arcanite Magician in my Extra Deck if it all goes as planned, I also need one or two Level 3 Spellcaster-Type non-Tuner monsters. Maybe another Level 4 Tuner besides just Tuned Magician, as well, that also has (hopefully) a handy effect and is a Spellcaster. That is, of course, if the Deck count won't exceed 43 without Dedication through Light and Darkness and Dark Magician of Chaos (I'll put those in, and I want it to be that if when I do put them in, the Deck count is 45 and not any more than that; I'll replace Magician of Faith with maybe Hidden Spellbook or a Spellbook Spell Card with a similar effect to Magician of Faith, and I'll replace Pot of Greed with Reload, Pot of Avarice, or Pot of Duality (which one is better in this Deck--while using the Deck in Advanced Format and with DMoC and Dedication not being in there))?

more_horiz
i think your best bet is to run prophecy's, using temprance and justice in combination to judgement day and normal prophecy tricks to gather pieces for dark magician

more_horiz
Also, which of the Trap Cards I have in there should I keep while trying to make room or Starlight Road and Trap Jammer? Or should I just keep all six of the cards in the Deck? I want to have as many Spell Cards as I can without throwing my balance ratio off.

To keep the same amount of Traps, I would recommend taking out Negate Attack and Magic Cylinder. I would suggest looking into a Royal Decree, at least for side-decks. Instead of Divine Wrath, Skill Drain might help you, since you rely on your Spells to boost your monsters instead of effects.

more_horiz
I still need the effects of some of my monsters. Like Apprentice Magician, Skilled Dark Magician, and Breaker the Magical Warrior. And I'm not trying to get Dark Magician of Chaos just for the fun of it, either. I could use Effect Veiler to negate effects as well; take out Divine Wrath, then, but still keep Magic Cylinder and Negate Attack since they're effects are good (especially Magic Cylinder's backlash effect). I'm thinking of actually adding in two Veilers and taking out my Sunny Pixie and Junk Synchron. I'll also take out Gemini Elf to add in Tuned Magician. And also Flame Manipulator and one other Level 3 non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monster, for a total of 25 monsters (I'll take Dark Eradicator Warlock out to put in Dark Magician of Chaos; I already have Dedication through Light and Darkness in there). I'll also take out Chaos Command Magician and Magical Blast to put in Magician of Black Chaos and Black Magic Ritual, and that way it's still 40 cards, at least up to here (by the time I'm done it'll be 50, and I'll also try to put in Reload along with Pot of Avarice for some drawing power and also so that I can shuffle my Deck twice in a row to get the cards I need more easily).

Within the 25 monsters, I'll also try to put in another Level 1 non-Tuner Spellcaster along with Magician of Faith, and also Majestic Dragon, so I can Synchro Summon Majestic Star Dragon (which I already have; I just need Stardust Dragon).

The Spells/Traps will also be 25 total, hopefully with 18 Spells and 7 Traps (Negate Attack, Magic Cylinder, Trap Stun, Destruction Jammer, Starlight Road, Hidden Spellbook, and Divine Wrath (right now it's still in there, including IRL and on DN--I might not actually take out unless I really have to).

I'm going to buy the Trap Cards that I mentioned but don't have, as well as the Return of the Duelist Booster Box and the Prophecy Destroyer Tin. As well as Stardust Dragon. I'm already getting Magic Formula, Burial from a Different Dimension, Thousand Knives, Dark Magician of Chaos, Magician of Black Chaos (x3), Black Magic Ritual (x2), Arcanite Magician, and T.G. Hyper Librarian, and the Spellcaster's Command Structure Deck, maybe I should get another Magician's Valkyria just in case that Deck only comes with one). I've ordered them, but I had to put in my sister's address and she's in the US while I'm in Saudi Arabia; these and Pokemon cards aren't allowed here normally, so I'm having to go with this round about way.

My sister's going to come here in December apparently, so I should the cards sometime in December. I want to keep Dark Magician Girl and Sage's Stone, as well as Skilled Dark Magician, in the Deck, but then I'll also put some of the Prophecy and Spellbook Cards.

I want the Deck to have 50 cards while also having good drawing power from Pot of Avarice and Reload. I can hopefully have a good balance of cards within those 50 so I can get the cards I need during a Duel. Hopefully. I think 50 cards is fine as long as you know what you're doing; what's really bad is 60 cards, right?

I'm okay with adding in one Magician of Black and one Black Magic Ritual only, as well; the others I'll get couldl just be part of my collection. But I want a good replacement for Magician of Faith and Dark Magician of Chaos as far as getting Spell Cards back from the Graveyard since Endymion the Master Magician's effect that allows that only activates if you Special Summon him with his Field Spell's effect and I can't always rely on just Hidden Spellbook. I need good replacements for those for when I'm using the Deck under the Advanced Format. I do like Pot of Greed better than Pot of Avarice, but I'd rather have it to where I can keep both of them in and still have 50 cards while playing under the Traditional Format rules rather than take one out.

So yeah, um, while keeping Dark Magician Girl, Sage's Stone, Skilled Dark Magician, Magic Formula, and Thousand Knives (when I do get these two cards) in there, could you guys please suggest a good Deck build that also has some Spellbook Cards in it from the Return of the Duelist Booster Box (some of the people on here might have ordered it and therefore probably know what cards are in it)? I haven't placed an order on the internet for those packs and cards yet, so I still have to. Help me out deciding what I should get, please.

Last edited by Osman Zakir on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Firstly, Sorry about making another thread like this, but . . . Mm235ZR

Sorry to make a double post, but I needed to bump this up. Seriously, though; sorry about this.

Anyway, even though I was able to get one or two wins my Deck as it is (in rated duels), since I did also lose some, I want a Deck recipe (preferably with words; if it's pic, I probably won't be able to tell what all of the cards are; if it's a list, I can just look up the cards I don't know about) that will make it easier to summon Dark Paladin, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Sorcerer of Dark Magic whenever I want to. Also, if there's a way to include both Magician of Black Chaos and Dark Magician of Chaos+Dedication through Light and Darkness (when I'm dueling under the Traditional Format), please let me know about it. I want the Deck to have 45 cards without Dark Magician of Chaos and Dedication through Light and Darkness, if possible.

It'd be good if I can keep Magic Formula and Thousand Knives as well (as I've already paid for and ordered those cards, if I couldn't keep put most of them in my Deck, I'd feel like I wasted my dad's money . . . and plus, the last duel I won because I attacked directly with the Dark Magician Girl equipped with Magic Formula--makes me want to keep it even more).

And if I can have 43 cards with Dark Magician of Chaos and Dedication through Light and Darkness without Magician of Black Chaos and Black Magic Ritual being in there (and I'll just take it from there), that's even better.

As you guys can see in that image, I have pieces in there to summon Majestic Star Dragon . . . if there's any way to make it easier to summon, tell me. If not, and if you think it's better if I take Stardust Dragon and those other two dragons out, I will, and then I'll make a separate Dragon Deck to put those in (in real life, since I've also bought a Dragon's Roar Structure Deck box, and also have three Blue-Eyes White Dragons as well as Kaiser Sea Horse, Paladin of White Dragon and White Dragon Ritual, I could make a Dragon Synchro Deck out of those cards; I just need some more Tuners and support cards).

Please don't suggest too many banned cards since I also want to be able to easily use the Deck in the Advanced Format by modifying it a little (i.e. just taking out two cards I can't use in the Advanced Format). I'd also like if I could get Spell Cards back from the Graveyard when I needed to, even in the Advanced Format. If I could use the Magical Citadel of Endymion+Endymion, the Master Magician combo to help me do that, it'd be good, so I'll try to squeeze those in, but there could be situations where I can't do that, so I need a backup plan.

And as I've said, I really have no idea how to use a Side Deck; if you guys could help me out with that, and feel the need to have me make a Side Deck if needed, I'd like that as well.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply