Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTrigger effect and trap. Which is faster? EmptyTrigger effect and trap. Which is faster?

more_horiz
For an example, I set two trap, it's Miror Force and Bottomless Trap Hole. And the opponent summons out the Frost Monarch. Will Monarch destroy these 2 set traps or I can activate Bottomless Trap Hole?

descriptionTrigger effect and trap. Which is faster? EmptyRe: Trigger effect and trap. Which is faster?

more_horiz
First his effects goes on chain. Then you may activate BTH still. BTH resolves and banishes the Monarch. Then the cards are both destroyed, since the monarch's effect still resolves since it was not negated.

descriptionTrigger effect and trap. Which is faster? EmptyRe: Trigger effect and trap. Which is faster?

more_horiz
Möbius' effect is a Mandatory Trigger.
Means that it will activate under any circumstance (except if a card states that card effects cannot be activated).

However, during the Summon Response Window, multiple cards or effects may be activated in response to the summon, even if they are not Chain Link 1.

A practical example for this would be following.

Player A summons Breaker, Magical Warrior. Its Mandatory Trigger activates.
Player B chains Bottomless Trap Hole to the summon.
Player A now chains Forbidden Lance, targeting Breaker.
Player B can now still chain Torrential Tribute.

Understood it or should I explain more?

more_horiz
Cool. Still need to learn more about all kind of effect. Thanks Nameless and Behemoth.

more_horiz
Any other questions?

more_horiz
No, I'm cool now. Answer given. Locked.

more_horiz
Topic Solved & Locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply