Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionJust a random idea I had... EmptyJust a random idea I had...

more_horiz
8 vs 8 in a war and 2 judges... each person counts as 2 pieces, 1 piece in the back row and the pawn in front of it. Both teams vote on the moves they wish to make and then play a game of chess. Every time one piece tries to take another, the two duelists representing those pieces could duel and if the attacker wins the take goes through where as if it doesn't the other team loses a turn.

Edit: each piece also has a deck given to it which must be used by the duelist who representing that deck. The duelist must choose this deck before hand (deliberation between team members is allowed). However, you don't know which piece is which deck or which duelist so the info is sent to the judges so that they can make sure no one uses a different deck.

descriptionJust a random idea I had... EmptyRe: Just a random idea I had...

more_horiz
I don't get it. ._. explain it in a different way for my feeble mind.

more_horiz
Kairi is pawn A.

Kairi is referring to Kairi in third person.

fluffy is pawn B.

Kairi tries to take fluffy so we duel and if Kairi wins you are off the board and I am where you used to be. If fluffy wins, kairi's team loses its turn.

Play a chess game until checkmate.

more_horiz
Actually, this is an interesting idea. Might be kind of confusing but once you understand it, it's quiet good. I like it and in favor of doing it.

more_horiz
The idea is really good. Playing chess while playing YGO.

more_horiz
I like chess, a very basic strategy game using the mind as the weapon. Kind of like YGO except totally different.

more_horiz
chess is a lot less luck oriented... the point of the idea was to add more strategy in to the game... now we have to account for different types of deck, think about which pieces should attack which because of match-ups... who should be the queen(ace). All while keeping it YuGiOh.

more_horiz
In chess, the only luck is your opponent messing up. Everything else is strategy.

more_horiz
I like the Idea. If you actually are going to use this in war vs Abandoned then talk with Mago so he agrees. And also make such an explanation so everybody woud understand :D

more_horiz
Not sure if this is a good idea, for two reasons. First, this idea is for an event, not for Dormitory wars. Second, Dormitory wars always are the same, i believe.

more_horiz
I like and understand the concept of the Yugioh Chess Game. The only problem I see is the 'voting' I believe that communication would be really slow among 8 people. I suggest you have a 9th teammate who directs the chess match but doesn't duel.

BUT like Anzo pointed out this would be an event which I believe costs around 3,000 DP to host.

Good suggestion, though.

more_horiz
Staff host events for free...

Also, this would be an idea to try later, after the Society of Light

more_horiz
this idea is great but i think it's too complicated, not sure if we can do it

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply