Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

LOSER Tournament

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Alikaey
Endless Sorcerer
Linda-Senpai
Anzo
Eheroduelist
Jikan
10 posters

descriptionLOSER Tournament EmptyLOSER Tournament

more_horiz
DA's BIGGEST Loser Tournament!

Build your best kamikaze deck, and see if you have what it takes to be DA's first annual LOSER CHAMPION!

• No more or less than 50 cards allowed.

• No cards are illegal as of yet.

• Rules of the game are relatively the same, only difference is the objective.

• Running out of cards is a legal way to lose(win).

Are you up to the challenge?
Do you have what it takes to lose to me?

DISCLAIMER

This is a suggestion- not a real tournament. If you are the type of person you likes to host tourneys and thinks this might be fun, knock yourself out. I'm not collecting 3000 DP anytime soon.

Last edited by Jikan on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I messed up the bullets.)

descriptionLOSER Tournament EmptyRe: LOSER Tournament

more_horiz
This is only a suggestion for a tournament.

Personally I don't see the point of playing a game where the goal is to lose; both players aren't going to try.

more_horiz
The idea is quit complicated if we want to make it works. We might have to come up with some extreme rules to make sure people will try to actually win, while the purpose is to lose.

Purpose of tournaments is to prove who can win and be titled as the 1st place winner. Not the 1st place loser, that doesn't even sound appropriate.

more_horiz
To put it short, this is a terrible idea.

more_horiz
LoveTaker wrote:
To put it short, this is a terrible idea.

^

more_horiz
Well, that's that idea shot down ._.

more_horiz
You guys are just jealous because you can't lose. LOSER Tournament 1151057309

With all seriousness, the game is alot like the 'Suicide' version of chess; you have to force your opponent into checkmate(causing them to have know other choice but to take your king). It may seem easy to lose but if your opponent has a deck filled with cards that can beef up your life points and destroy his, you will definitly have trouble 'winning' the suicide match to him. He could have card effects that have him draw or discard multiple cards from the top of his deck each stand by phase and you are so used to winning you have know idea how to stop him/her.

So...?

Last edited by Jikan on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
The idea is quit complicated if we want to make it works. We might have to come up with some extreme rules to make sure people will try to actually win, while the purpose is to lose.

Purpose of tournaments is to prove who can win and be titled as the 1st place winner. Not the 1st place loser, that doesn't even sound appropriate.

This
+ it sounds really random to me. If someone wants to prove their skills in not winning they wil use a troll deck like Self Destruct Button. But to purposely lose is not too funny I think and it would get inactive.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

I don't see what's so complicated? It's the same game but you what to create a deck that prevents your opponent from running out of LP before you. The concept is rather simple. You won't need to come up with extreme rules to make people try to win even though the purpose is to lose. There are cards that can force your opponent to attack every turn if they are able.

more_horiz
No one is gonna sign up ;D

more_horiz
Jikan wrote:
Anzo wrote:

I don't see what's so complicated? It's the same game but you what to create a deck that prevents your opponent from running out of LP before you. The concept is rather simple. You won't need to come up with extreme rules to make people try to win even though the purpose is to lose. There are cards that can force your opponent to attack every turn if they are able.

Please tell me why we should reward people for losing.

more_horiz
The idea amuses me greatly~

And it might actually be fun if people were to use the cards you say they would~

But knowing people, they probably won't even sign up for this~

LOSER Tournament 3974120512

more_horiz
Dafuk is this, I don't even.....

Dude, I lose too much and even I think this idea is dumb

more_horiz
LoveTaker wrote:
Jikan wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Please tell me why we should reward people for losing.

Maybe I should reword this in a way that makes it easier for everybody to understand.
The first person to run out of life points is the winner.

more_horiz
I still don't see the point, It is still seeing who can lose faster, that's not smart

more_horiz
Vongola Decimo wrote:
I still don't see the point, It is still seeing who can lose faster, that's not smart

You are only looking at it from the title. Losing is Losing. But if someone is playing a bunch of lightsworn monsters trying to deck out. Get Savage Coliseum on the field and make losing life points and your opponent gain life points tactical. All kinds of spells and traps that could make this game fun and challenging.

more_horiz
So we reward people for intentionally playing bad huh, not making your point any clearer

more_horiz
Vongola Decimo wrote:
So we reward people for intentionally playing bad huh, not making your point any clearer

You are clearly too dense to understand this simple concept.

more_horiz
It sure is a simple concept, and that is to lose a duel very fast

more_horiz
someone lock this, no one is interested in the tournament.

more_horiz
El Fifo wrote:
someone lock this, no one is interested in the tournament.

I agree. sigh

more_horiz
Well, it was worth a try :L.

Locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply