Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionFire Emblem Awakening EmptyFire Emblem Awakening

more_horiz
So I know not many people know about the great Fire Emblem games so I am going to tell you about Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS.

First a little info on Fire Emblem in general and to save work I am just going to copy and paste from a site

Fire Emblem (ファイアーエムブレム, Faiā Emuburemu?) is a fantasy tactical role-playing video game franchise developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. The Fire Emblem series is well known for its innovation and for being one of the first Eastern style tactical role-playing games, with a strong emphasis on Western forms of medieval folklore. The series is also renowned for having deeply developed characters, as well as the fact that most units' death—or defeat in battle—is permanent in the game until the end of the playthrough.[1] The series currently spans twelve games, with a thirteenth game on the way, and has been released on the Family Computer, Super Famicom, Game Boy Advance, GameCube, Nintendo DS and Wii.[2] In July 2010, Nintendo released Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū for the Nintendo DS, a remake of the third game, Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo, to commemorate the series's 20th anniversary.[3]

Most games in the series have been released exclusively in Japan. Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, also known as Blazing Sword, the seventh title in the series, became the first game of the franchise to be released internationally in 2003,[4] largely due to the popularity of Fire Emblem characters Marth and Roy's appearances in Super Smash Bros. Melee.[5] Released outside Japan as Fire Emblem, the game was designed specifically with newcomers to the series in mind, and the first ten chapters were structured in a manner that eased newcomers into the gameplay.[6] All Fire Emblem games produced since have also been released internationally, except for Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū.[2]

Now onto FEA;

FEA has an American release date of Febuary 4th and a European release date sometime in April. This game brings back the marriage system from FE4 along with children characters comming back. This game includes carious new mechanics with the foremost being being the duoble and dual system. Double is the reverse of rescue, the unit wanting to be carried initiates the double instead of the carrier and instead of loosing stat point you gain them adding a great deal of strategy, while Dual is when 2 units, that are standing next to or are in a dueble, both get to attack how the 2nd unit attack depends on support level, and certain skills, and is called dual attack. You also have Dual Guard which is when the dual or double partner will protect you from taking damage from an attack. FEA has some of the best looking graphics for a FE game yet. The support system is huge and has alot of character development in it and unlike past games this time there are no restrictions on it except that you are limited to 1 S rank support. That 1 S support determins who you will marry, and you should note that you can only marry the opposite gender becuase of the children characters. This game also features the Avatar which is a character that you can name and change apperance and give a best/worst stat, basicly the game is letting you be in the game. This game also features the return of dark magic, and manakete. Also introduces the new Taugle class and a bunch of DLC content which is a first for FE. Also if you preorder the game while supplies last you will get a character art book along with the game.

I think thats enough for now, if you have any questions and want to know anything more about it jsut ask.

descriptionFire Emblem Awakening EmptyRe: Fire Emblem Awakening

more_horiz
Bumping this with some new news on the game.

Theres going to be a free demo of this game on the 3DS e-shop January the 17th. Instead of buying the actual game cartridge you will be able to buy via the 3DS e-shop instead. For a limited time players can get the first DLC map, just like in Japan. And the most exciting news is the fact that this game is also getting bundled with its own FEA 3DS just like how Japan had, apparently Nintendo of America has high hopes for this FE game.

And some screenshots from the Game Informer magazine (digital version);

https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/17/03/67/72/fea110.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/17/03/67/72/fea210.jpg

And some screen shots from a physical copy of Game Informer Magezine (credits go to Anacybele from Serenes Forest for these pic);

https://2img.net/h/i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg631/EmblemQueen/Magazine1_zpsbf73a7e1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg631/EmblemQueen/Magazine2_zpsb4eb3f05.jpg

more_horiz
So I was finally able to connect to the E-shop today and download the demo of Awakening~

The demo consists of the prologue and chapter 1~ You also get to pick asset stat and flawed stat, change name, and pick B-day for avatar, but appearance is locked unfortunately~ You can also choose between the 3 already unlocked difficulties of the game, normal, hard, and lunatic~ But you are locked to casual mode~

The demo was fun and left much to be desired of the game~

Oh and my Avatar got this level up in the demo~

Fire Emblem Awakening 00110

Figures I get a god level up on a demo~ Fire Emblem Awakening 452097546

more_horiz
Le bump~

The game was suppose to come out today but my Game Stop has gotten delayed shipping >_<

Can't complain to much though, see as I iz grounded from all that stuff anyway as long as my Geometry grade stays a D. So this gives me the chance to bring it up before I get this game~

more_horiz
Naice.

more_horiz
Finally got the chance to play this game after talking my parents into letting me have the 3DS back for a week. lol

In just 2 days I am already at chapter 15.

My current couples are Chrom x Sumia, Mimgrim (what I have named avatar lol) x Olivia, and Lon'qu x Cordelia.

I am currently working on Henry x Tharja, Donnel x Cherche, and Kellam x Nowi.

I have most of my main units promoted, grinding the rest. The few that really stand out though are;

Mimgrim - LV 11 Grandmaster, str 30, mag 33, skl 26, spd 29, lck 23, def 20, res 19

Donnel LV 3 Hero, str 30, mag 11, skl 32. spd 30, lck 35, def 28, res 7

Olivia LV 2 Falcon Knight, str 27, mag 11, skl, 33, spd 32, lck 25, def 18, res 19

I am playing on hard mode, I have had to reset a few times, but not as much as I expected. I only allowed one unit to permanently die on me, Mariabel, and that was cause I was so close to beating the chapter lol.

I am hoping to get more DLC content soon, cause I need to grind some of my units more. e.e

Anyway, very awesome game and story is very good to.

more_horiz
Really? nobody else posted here? such a great game...

more_horiz
I just got a 3DS and this game (as well as Project X Zone) not too long ago. If y'all own a 3DS and y'all aint playing this game then idk wat to say, fire emblem is too good.

I'm currently on chapter 6 only cause I've been trying to farm on some of the DLC maps I bought, character levels are too low.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply