Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Re-opening the issue

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
Jue Viole Grace
LegendaryFrost
The_Nameless
X-Destroyer
8 posters

descriptionRe-opening the issue EmptyRe-opening the issue

more_horiz
I read somewhere that Exodia being assembled in the hand is considered an immediate Special Summon of the head, which, if negated, offs the whole thing. If there is no negation/destruction of the head, the arms and legs immediately Special Summon and end the game at THIS exact moment. So, correct me if I am wrong, but since Exodia's head is summoned to the field, wouldn't Prohibition actually successfully negate the win condition by negating it's effect in the entirety?

descriptionRe-opening the issue EmptyRe: Re-opening the issue

more_horiz
Exodia cannot be negated. As soon as you have all 5 pieces in your hand you immediately win with no special summoning or effect activation.
Thus, you cannot Prohibition Exodia.

more_horiz
Nameless got it, though technically it's not immediately, as in if u manage to get all pieces during a chain, you would have to wait till the chain resolves and if u still have all pieces, then you'd win if I'm not mistaken.

more_horiz
You have to wait until the current chain link resolves, not the whole chain.

more_horiz
so it does cause a chain, which would work with Torrential Tribute, but not Perdition?

more_horiz
Uhm, Exodia does not summon itself, you reveal it in your hand when you have all five parts in your hand.

That effect is a Win Condition, Conditions never activate.

If, for example, you activate two Accumulated Fortunes during a chain and you draw two cards from the firstly resolving Accumulated Fortune which makes you hold Exodia in your hand, the chain does not resolve any further.

more_horiz
Now heres my deal....

If you drew the first card for accumulated fortune...and you got the last exodia piece but that happened to be the last card in you deck

Would you lose since you have to finish the effect and attempt to draw again?

more_horiz
You cannot activate Accumulated Fortune if you do not have at least 2 cards in your deck. If, by, for example, having 2 cards in your deck and activating Accumulated and then another card like Jar of Greed, you would lose the duel if the last card in your deck is an Exodia Part.

more_horiz
you dont lose the duel if u cant draw cards by card effects, only in ur draw phase ...

more_horiz
Placido needs to review the rule book, I presume.

more_horiz
You cannot activate anything if you cannot perform the effect. A bit like being unable to pay the cost of a card.

For example, if you have 1 card in your deck, you cannot activate Pot of Greed as you do not have 2 cards in your deck to be drawn.

If you have 2 cards in your deck and activate Pot of Greed, then chain Jar of Greed, the chain resolves:
You draw 1 card from Jar, leaving you with 1 card in the deck.
Pot of Greed resolves but you cannot draw 2 cards so you will lose even if the last card is the last piece of Exodia.

@Placido, you can deck out with card effects; Empty Jar.

And once a player has Exodia in their hand, they win. Can't be negated or stopped.

more_horiz
Alikaey wrote:
You cannot activate anything if you cannot perform the effect. A bit like being unable to pay the cost of a card.

For example, if you have 1 card in your deck, you cannot activate Pot of Greed as you do not have 2 cards in your deck to be drawn.

If you have 2 cards in your deck and activate Pot of Greed, then chain Jar of Greed, the chain resolves:
You draw 1 card from Jar, leaving you with 1 card in the deck.
Pot of Greed resolves but you cannot draw 2 cards so you will lose even if the last card is the last piece of Exodia.

@Placido, you can deck out with card effects; Empty Jar.

And once a player has Exodia in their hand, they win. Can't be negated or stopped.

So with 2 cards in the deck, you draw with jar of greed, then pot of greed resolves, so u are attempting to draw 2, but u only have 1, so u lose?

more_horiz
im sorry, i shouldve checked behind my friend before bringing it up here. the rulings havent changed Neutral they were never this way bla bla bla.

more_horiz
Do you consider this as to be solved?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply