Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMausoleum of the Emperor EmptyMausoleum of the Emperor

more_horiz
I was dueling someone, I had Mausoleum of the Emperor on the field, and I gave up 2000 LP to special summon Photon Caesar. In response, they activated Mystical Space Typhoon and destroyed it. He told me it destroyed Mausoleum, thus preventing the Normal Summon of Photon Caesar. I followed this, and returned Caesar to my hand and sent Mausoleum to the Graveyard... But if I'm not mistaken, because Mystical Space Typhoon's effect resolves after Mausoleum's effect (thus summoning Caesar to my side of the field), Caesar would be summoned, and then Mausoleum would be destroyed.

What's the verdict? Is he right? Just wondering, before I get in the same situation and I get yelled at for not knowing the rulings. Thank you. Smile

-Xixima

CARDS USED:

Mausoleum of the Emperor :

Mystical Space Typhoon :

Photon Caesar :

descriptionMausoleum of the Emperor EmptyRe: Mausoleum of the Emperor

more_horiz
Continuous Spell/Trap Cards, Equip Spell Cards and Field Spell Cards MUST stay face-up on the field to properly resolve their effects.

He was right in this scenario, you attempted to activate the effect, paid the costs and he then chain MST to it which, as mentioned above, made the Field Spell resolve without effect, means the normal summon never occured.

more_horiz
Mausoleum's paying LP effect to summon a monster is a cost. If it is destroyed after you've paid the LP for the summon, the effect of Mausoleum will not resolve as it is no longer on the field so you won't get the summon. This only applies to Continuous/Field spells.

If you've summoned the monster already after paying the cost for Mausoleum, even if MST destroys the field, you still keep the monster because it's already been summoned.

If your opponent decided to be an ass and wait ages for you to summon something before they MST and make a fuss, tell them they've missed the timing.

Last edited by Alikaey on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Ali's post just made my day.... it's effect is a cost lolololmao

more_horiz
Has to stay on field to resolve effect......cause im lazy

more_horiz
Placido wrote:
Ali's post just made my day.... it's effect is a cost lolololmao

Oh poo. You know what I mean with its effect though :L

more_horiz
For those of simple minds:

Cost = paying increments of 1000 LP.
Effect = normal summon a monster.

Rule = Continuous spell and trap cards must be on the field when their effects resolve.

Chain:

1. Mausoleum activates. Cost of LP is paid.
2. Mystical Space Typhoon chained.
All chains resolve backwards
3. Mystical Space Typhoon destroys Mausoleum.
4. Mausoleum attempts to resolve but cannot because it is no longer on the field.

more_horiz
Irate explained all of it, all other comments didn't add anything new.

~Solved
~Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply