Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTutor\Apprentice Program? EmptyTutorApprentice Program?

more_horiz
I was thinking... has people here ever thought of a apprentice\tutor program? I know there's lessons and everything but what about those hands-on learners? Just an idea I'm throwing out here. =P

descriptionTutor\Apprentice Program? EmptyRe: Tutor\Apprentice Program?

more_horiz
I know that Smogon, the competitive Pokemon battling academy uses a set of very talented trainers as teachers and has 6 week rounds where the tutor and apprentice get together online and talk over strategies, along with certain battling styles and how to build teams and such

No reason why something like this can't be put here. The lessons are great, but I still suck at this stuff, and a one on one apprentice tutor thing would be great help to me get better at Yugioh

more_horiz
It would be kinda hard for DA's admins to force members to be a tutor or an apprentice. It's probably best for you to make friends with a really awesome duelist and ask them to teach you about the game.

more_horiz
Also, there are a lot of slifers who join for a week and then go inactive. The tutoring would probably only be eligible for users who have been active for at least a month. Then again, it could probably be easily directed into the teacher's job.

more_horiz
Or an application topic for such new usergroup e.e

Either way, I'm thinking this could be ideally a good idea, but, in worst case, a bad thing to implement.

more_horiz
Hmmm.... works in theory , but i don't think it will work Sad .
Maybe Public chat Online Lesions ?

more_horiz
Well, you could make it a new position. I've posted Smogon's Tutor apprentice link on this post, so if you want to look at it to get some idea on how to potentially run one on here, you can

http://www.smogon.com/tutor/

more_horiz
I honestly do learn better when I can discuss strategies with other duelist. Like today I went to a tournament at a card shop and someone really helped out my Atlantics and what cards I should use with them. I would have never guessed to mix them with the genex.

I'm sure a few people here who are really good duelists like the ones at Blue and Purple. I'm sure it's with every really known site where slifers join and just quit in a week. But I'm a new slifer slacker and I've been active =3
(( I would duel more if it wasn't for my crappy internet. ))

Tutoring could work on DN too, you don't HAVE to duel, one can show combos of their deck and the teacher could show him tricks and suggest cards to add.

@Dex: That's hard, knowing all my local people at my school are usually weaker than me and I really can't learn anything from them. I have made a friend at a local card-shop tournament and a guy helped me out with my deck (as I said before) but most likely I can only see him on Saturdays.

more_horiz
Lets Try it ?
Example :
Student cant decide what to run in his deck .
So he calls for a Tutor and in a duel he shows tutor his deck.
(Student must first mill all cards so tutor can make combos ) Than Tutor shows him combos and explain some rulings to him ,then they duel 2-3 times so that student can rimember it ! This Lesions on every 15 days ok ?

more_horiz
I will redirect this idea to our fellow admins, who knows, you might see applications for tutor spots soon Wink

more_horiz
Coo. It'll be fun to see how this turns out. Hope it passes

more_horiz
Irate God wrote:
I will redirect this idea to our fellow admins, who knows, you might see applications for tutor spots soon Wink

Maybe pester one of ze Purple guys to agree to be a tutor? :U

more_horiz
Irate God wrote:

We will hold our fingers for you , good luck .

more_horiz
Sorry, I will have to disappoint you.

The idea itself is good, but we have no actual way of realizing it in near-future.

Until then, I want to remind you all of our stupidously big Article Library where you can easily gain more knowledge of this game, from Game Mechanics and Rulings to Deck Building and practical examples.

more_horiz
Well, that is disappointing. =\

Yeah, I'm sure there are loads of articles about running a deck and rulings, but who really has time to read all of that?

Plus, each person is unique and different, I've read a lot of the articles and I've gained no aid into it really. I run on unique, different decks really and when I need help, I'll probably just get 2-3 quick suggestions.

more_horiz
If that's the case, you can always PM me if you need help x.x

I'm a tutor in real life and have helped my student to pass his exams on which depended whether he'd advance to next grade or not. I have some experience in doing so, I also plan to be a teacher later in life, after I finished studying (hopefully), so if you need any help regarding YGO!, you can easily PM me on DN or in here.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply