Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionprime material driving me crazy Emptyprime material driving me crazy

more_horiz
well i was listening to Evanscence and then this crazy idea across:
if you have a "Bad reaction to Simochi" and your opponent has "prime material dragon" face-up on the field then i activated "upstart goblin" so i will draw a card make my opponent gain 1000 LP to his life points but then"Bad reaction to simochi" will chain and turn this 1000 LP to damage then "prime material dragon" effect will chain to turn that damage to LP gain?
if so................then will "Bad reaction to simochi" chain to "prime material dragon"'s effect to turn back the 1000 LP gain to damage?
if so then this will be an infinite chain like running in a circular closed path.
Hope you understood my point XD.

P.S. I took this day off and i'll have 4 or 5 other days in the time until 10 july bec of exams.

descriptionprime material driving me crazy EmptyRe: prime material driving me crazy

more_horiz
Well, this chain cannot occur, to be honest..

Prime material's effect is speed 1. Bad Reaction to Simochi is 2.

Speed 2 can be chained to speed 1.
But speed 1 cannot be chained to speed to because speed to is 'faster' than speed 1.

That's what I think. If I am wrong someone correct me.
But if prime can be chained to simochi, then this chain is illegal.
All infinite loops are banned.

descriptionprime material driving me crazy EmptyRe: prime material driving me crazy

more_horiz
sry, Unkown but you're wrong here. It does become a continuous loop. The community has been awaiting a ruling on this issue for about a year now with no final decision as of yet being made. Therefore, you have to call it a continuous loop and the game needs to be reset to a time right before the loop occurred. In other words, if PMD and Bad Reaction are both on the field you cannot activate a Burn effect. Additionally, if PMD is on the field and a Burn effect is activated you can't chain Bad Reaction. This doesn't account for all situations however like mandatory burn effects such as Solar Flare Dragon. In that case, I would suggest using the rule of the last card to hit the field is the 1 that takes precedence. So if PMD was on the field 1st then you take damage for SFD. If Bad Reaction was on the field 1st, then you gain life for SFD.

Again, none of these are official rulings, it is just the only real way you can play it right now because there is no official ruling on this topic. In general, if possible you need to reset the game to a point before the infinite loop occured.

more_horiz
Well then its an infinite loop.......mmm.....u know the game Stardust accelerator for NDS if you can make such a condition and try the loop out that will be cool cuz i dun have Bad reaction yet
cuz in stardust we will know what should happen
and the rules you just told can be done in manual games or real life games but what about automatic games ??!

more_horiz
For automatic games like WC 2009, if you wind up in an infinite loop the game will simply continue the loop over and over and you will have to reset the game. I don't know of any console or pc games that are capable of rewinding the situation.

more_horiz
look at this combo:
after a while from the infinite chains lets say after 20 chains activate "Chain Strike" after the effect of "Bad reaction to simochi" then chain "Book of Moon" to "Chain strike" on "Prime material dragon" -last card chains first- that will mean the infinite loop will be broke with 9000 dmg (Chain strike + Upstart goblin + Bad Reaction to Simochi)

more_horiz
doesn't work. you take the damage upon resolution of an effect and an infinite loop never reaches resolution.

more_horiz
yeah but how will prime material's effect (speed 1) be chained to quick spell card like chain strike or book of moon(speed 2) ??
and can a card in chain 3 or higher be chained on a card in chain 1 ??

more_horiz
PMD's effect is spell speed 2. It is a Quick Effect.

more_horiz
Alright end of discussion i will be locking this.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply