Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDeck Racing Rules and Information EmptyDeck Racing Rules and Information

more_horiz
Deck Racing Rules and Information Deckra10

Deck racing is a forum game which is played with dice rolling and ygo cards. No, you will not use the motorbike engines for this race, instead you will use drawing engines to draw your deck as fast as possible Smile

How to play & rules

0. This is a 1 player game. Double posting is allowed in order to play this game, but not to abuse double posting for some other things.

1. Create a new topic in this (Deck Racing) section.

2. You will imagine that you have a deck with 40 cards.

3. Start off by drawing 6 cards from your deck with "Deck Racing" dice. There will be explanation below if you don't know how to roll the dice in our forum.

4. Then you play like you would play real ygo. You see what you can do with the cards you drew. The key is to use drawing cards to draw more from your deck. Imagine you run Exodia deck but instead of drawing him, your goal will be to deck out in one turn. So, after drawing those 6 cards you will tell in your next post what do you use. For example: "34 cards left. I use Pot of Greed, Upstart Goblin, discard two of my monsters for Hand Destruction." Then you roll the "Deck Racing" dice 5 times as resolving the cards given in example above.

NOTE: You have to count within your posts how many cards are left in your deck per each post you make.

5. After you made your move, you resolved these effects with new dice roll. Continuing Example: With Pot of Greed, Upstart Goblin and Hand Destruction you drew 5 cards where discarding of those monsters actually is just imagined and you move on like you don't have them anymore.

NOTE: All cards that were left in your hand, you cannot reuse in the moves later on. For example, if you had 2 monsters which could be used later for Hand Destruction, rolled next dice, those 2 monsters are not counted as your hand anymore, the new rolled dice gives you new hand and all those left behind are treated like discarded. Same with some drawing cards which you planned to leave there and use later like Card Destruction. You will not be able to reuse those, so you better try to achieve the best performance within your single move.

6. You go on like this, move after move until you draw your entire deck, 40 cards that is. If, during this process you are left with unusable cards in your hand, you lost. For example: The next 5 cards you drew in example before are all Normal monsters, which means your hands are tied and you declare loss.

7. If you have drawn your entire deck in one turn you got, then you will receive a reward of 100 DP.

8. You can play many times you want, but one topic at time. After you finish it, you can open new topic and play again. Do not open multiple topics at once. If you have finished but Moderator did not process your topic yet, you can still open up new one and go on with playing.

How to roll the dice

1. Upon topic creation (your starting post) its not possible to roll a dice. Therefore, you need to post one more time below first post you made in your topic to be able to roll a dice.

2. To post, open up posting full reply page by clicking corresponding reply button. (Usually it is called "Post Reply", "Topic Reply" or "New Reply" button. Quick Reply that you see below posts will not be able to roll a dice.)

3. Scroll down below "Preview" "Draft" and "Send" buttons and you will see "Dice Roll" module.

4. In that module you will see "Dice roll #1". In the combobox next to it there are many options you can choose. Choose "Deck Racing".

5. Next thing you will notice is "Dice rolls :" and a number 1 next to it. It represents how many times you will roll the dice. To start the game you need to draw 6 cards which means you will input 6 in that field.

6. If you did everything correct, your Dice Roll should look like this:

Deck Racing Rules and Information Deckra11

7. Now, post your reply.

8. After you post, our "Dice Jar" staff pet will post your dice result. Dice Jar has no feelings so it will never post subjective results, everyone will be treated the same.

To clear the confusion, the posts below will show you how to play this game.

Last edited by Amy Cool on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 am; edited 7 times in total

descriptionDeck Racing Rules and Information EmptyRe: Deck Racing Rules and Information

more_horiz
Lets do this. I'll show you how its played now and lets imagine this is my first post, the post that opens up the topic. I cannot roll the dice in this post because its made like that in forumotion.

descriptionDeck Racing Rules and Information EmptyRe: Deck Racing Rules and Information

more_horiz
This post is the one that starts the rolling. I post this via "New Reply" button. Now I scroll down and choose Deck Racing as dice and put Dice Rolls: 6, to draw 6 cards.

more_horiz
The member 'Amy Cool' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Deck Racing' :
Deck Racing Rules and Information Dark_w10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Dark_w10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Cycroi10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Unicyc10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Hand_d10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Cycroi10

more_horiz
See now I got 2 Dark World Dealings, 1 Hand Destruction with 3 Normal monsters which can be a nice cost for Hand Destruction.

This is how I need to post all required info:

34 cards left.

I will use both DWD, and discard 2 of my monsters to use Hand Destruction.

*Dark World Dealings will first draw, so I will first draw with dice and then discard from the new hand I will get from dice. That is the cost and risk I must take when using DWD. Maybe I will have to drop some great 2 cards for their effect, who knows. Hand Destruction in other hand requires me to discard before I draw so I did that within my statement as you can see above. Now 2 DWD and Hand Destruction makes me draw 4 cards.*

more_horiz

'Deck Racing' :
Deck Racing Rules and Information Card_d10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Pot_of10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Cycroi10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Pot_of10

more_horiz
30 cards left. 2 DWD effect resolves and I need to discard 2 of my cards before I do anything now. I choose Card Destruction and monster. Then I'll use both Pots to draw 4 more cards, yay.

more_horiz

'Deck Racing' :
Deck Racing Rules and Information Unicyc10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Unicyc10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Upstar10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Card_d10

more_horiz
26 cards left. From the above hand, best option would be to use Card Destruction and do nothing more. That will discard 3 and draw me 3.

more_horiz

'Deck Racing' :
Deck Racing Rules and Information Unicyc10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Unicyc10 Deck Racing Rules and Information Cycroi10

more_horiz
23 cards left. I got all monsters so I cannot do anything but end my turn which means I lost. ::Monkey59::

Now a moderator can lock this topic with no rewards.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply