Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionAgents - YCS Toronto EmptyAgents - YCS Toronto

more_horiz
2 Earth
3 Venus
3 Shine Ball
2 Kristya
2 TGU
1 Sangan
1 BLS
2 Rai-Oh
1 Genex Ally Birdman
1 Chaos Sorc
1 Honest
1 Snowman Eater
3 Hyperion

3 MST
1 Heavy
1 Book
1 Dark Hole
1 Reborn

3 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless
2 Torrential
2 Warning
1 Judgment

Extra TBD

Side TBD

descriptionAgents - YCS Toronto EmptyRe: Agents - YCS Toronto

more_horiz
Input time! Agents - YCS Toronto Dummy
I would subtract a Sangan and D-Prison and add two Dualities.
Reasoning:
- Tour will grab Sangan, but the other Tour has nothing to target, making her just a cute useless monster, like a Loli Kuriboh. If you just run two Tours, Tour grabs Tour, get a Rank 3, and no deck cards in deck. Without three Tours, Sangan is sort of dead. He was not used all that much before she came out, remember?
- 3 D-Prisons just seems excessive. Meh, your choice. I also do not like Solemn Judgement, but that is because it hates me.
- 2 Rai-Oh, 2 Earth, 1 Snowman. You can live a turn without Special Summoning.

more_horiz
Tour Guide grabs Tour Guide, not Sangan. Sangan's there because it's a good card all around and I'm not convinced that everyone's going to attack directly into it because of the Snowman Eater threat. This deck also blocks Snowman Eater in that respect (Hyperion).

more_horiz
I would take out the 3 triple D. Prison for either triple CED (Compulsory) or two BTH and a Mirror Force. I would also side out Snowman Eater for a third TGU assuming you have a third. If not, then I would suggest a DCK. It put in a lot of work at WCQ. In fact, I suggest taking out Sangan entirely if you don't have a third TGU since the only viable targets for Sangan are Earth, TGU, Honest, and Birdman, which I think for the most part don't put in as much work as DCK. It either makes them waste a staple on his destruction, or they have to force their own monster activation and wait another turn to initiate a significantly progressive play. It's also a DARK, so you don't have to worry about losing a target for BLS and Sorc. when you take it out.

more_horiz
In another thread (you know the one), you said that Veiler was obsolete because of rampant Rai-Oh. Rai-Oh hurts Sangan more than it hurts Veiler. Which is it? Sangan is a good card, I agree, but not the type that you can toss in for the sake of being itself.

more_horiz
The problem is this. The meta is probably going to be WindUps. Everything else is going to play Rai-Oh like nothing. Thing is, is that because everyone's playing Rai-Oh, Snowman Eater is a really good tech card right now.

Triple D-Prison protects the Sangan when it is a Sangan, with the unfortunate leak of information that it's probably not that Snowman they thought it was.

Also, it can be Synched.

more_horiz
Why are you asking for suggestions then? DCK can kill TKR, can negate TKRs negation, is still a DARK monster, and prohibits plays, just like TKR, but in more versatile ways since it negates any monster effects that aren't continuous. TKR doesn't do as much because he only negates inherit summons, but I guess it's your call. I just don't see the point in asking for suggestions if you're going to prefer less than par tech for mediocre reasons.

more_horiz
Three Tuners, one Sangan, low odds of Synchro. Opening odds: 6%. Same with Sangan and D-Prison. Any speed that Sangan forfeits is more than the speed Duality would forfeit, and with much less flexibility.

more_horiz
If Wind-Ups are meta, Rabbit just bounces away whenever it feels like it (D-Prison does nothing, same with Compulsory). Rabbit is the ultimate floater in the format right now.

DCK is a card that's probably not going to be ran next format. Chaos isn't so good.

Also running Rai-Oh to negate the SS of XYZ monsters is pretty okay. Compulsory and D-Prison both lose to Heavy Storm and MST.

And Sangan is still one of the best cards in the game right now. Not meant for everything, but it's still a dark target for Sorc and BLS. Idk. Maybe Tsukuyomi?

more_horiz
If I'm taking out Sangan, Sorc has to go if it's not a Dark monster. And YCS Toronto is next format, thus two TGU.

more_horiz
Rabbits are going to be T1 (and not a very difficult T1 deck to beat)for very long, being until HA07, and then the entire metagame is going to change. DCK is going to be more versatile, and WU Rabbit is going to be stopped by DCK if that's seriously your main concern (DWs are going to be the top deck until HA07). DCK is going to stop all the Tele-Decks running around, WUs, and pretty much everything. It doesn't matter if he's going to be maindecked a a lot of people next format because he's still going to be good. It's going to be a slower format, and with more TKR running around, he's going to get over that. Honestly, inherit summon negation isn't as good as monster effect negation + destruction when there are a lot of cards that are summoned through effects. CED is better than D. Prison because of Xyz monsters, as well as clearing cads like TKR and DCK off of the field so you can make moves. WU Rabbit is going to be a little problem (if even that). Verz Thunderbird is twice as good, being a level 4 DARK monster, and having the same effect +300 attack (so 1950 beater), and that's still something skilled players can get over.

EDIT: CED is also extremely more versatile, giving you opportunities to do enough damage to win games, get rid of set Ryko or Snowman Eater, get rid of Maestroke, Utopia, Zenmaines, Gachi, Tiras, Adreus, Acid Golem, on rare occasions BLS and Sorc. if you've been manipulating their graveyard directly or indirectly, monsters summoned by Rescue Rabbit (prevents the Xyz summon), and prevents important ignition effect monsters like Leviair. It also saves your non-Xyz and Synchro monsters from things like BTH, D. Prison, Torrential, ect, which can be good in cases of emergency, or if you want to keep something like TKR or DCK if you want to maintain a more controlling advantage.

more_horiz
I am not going to pretend to know what will be Tier next format, but if you nix Sorc and Sangan, it sounds like a sound option.

more_horiz
I guess you are forgetting Bubble Beat and HEROES in general ._. they be Tier 1 after the September banlist comes in effect.

Consider a Gorz and yunohave Veilers mained

more_horiz
You can always try Night Assailant for Sangan to have more options or whatsoever. Also CED > Prison when it comes to MST plays from opponent thus its chainable to return some odd monster of your opp ( as u refer to WU meta they will always have a Xyz on field ) and also Compulsory can ruin your opponent plays really good. Also i would fit in PoD for some flexibility

more_horiz
I'm prob going to be maining max c and veiler in my agents build don't know yet but I think you should atleast be maining 2 veiler. I would take out birdman and an hyperion or krstiya for the 2 veiler. I would take out one d prison for one duality. More than one duality wouldn't be worth it and there just isn't enough room to run 2. Idk about the snowman mained I like snowman but idk I would rather run one max c than that one snowman then just side the snowman. I still don't know how I want to make my agent deck for next format so idk this is just some ideas for the build you have.

more_horiz
Just wanted to say nice deck, it looks solid. Also, Good luck brosky make it to day 2.

more_horiz
Seems solid. I wish you the best of luck.
Damn I wished I was in this one -,-

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply