Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Cardfight Vanguard

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
BlackWarGreymon
Yuna
Fated Chronos
LòKóS
Eheroduelist
Zeox
GTempest
Typical Jew™
Jue Viole Grace
girlchan
Anzo
15 posters

descriptionCardfight Vanguard EmptyCardfight Vanguard

more_horiz
Anyone here play this bloody game? ._.

I came cross it like 2 days ago, i was buying an anime from a shop in my town and i saw the anime there, i like all board games and card games so i bought the anime, i have a small peace of rules about how the game works, and currently the players on BYOND are trolling me with rulings and such, the game is pretty simple, however the cards have just tons of effects is what really confusing me...

Nothing hard like yugioh, but the game have all sort of new names unlike trigger, ignition and stuff. -.-

descriptionCardfight Vanguard EmptyRe: Cardfight Vanguard

more_horiz
I don't play it, but obviously the game is going to have different terms. If you wanted something like YGO, you shouldn't have ventured into another card game. With that in mind, learning any new card game, despite your experience in another card game, is going to take some time. Don't expect to have an advanced understanding of the game immediately just because you do with YGO. Join a CFV forum site and lurk.

more_horiz
I play it hobby-like.

It's actually a lot more fun than Yu-Gi-Oh! and mainly not as expensive as YGO!.

more_horiz
what is byond o.O

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
I play it hobby-like.

It's actually a lot more fun than Yu-Gi-Oh! and mainly not as expensive as YGO!.

That's what attracted me to this game in the first place, am not like only gona play ygo just because i know how to play it, i play all games that have a good looking cards lol

also irate bro you play it on BYOND?

more_horiz
I haven't played it as yet but I've been meaning to get into it. I've watched the anime since it came out and I like it alot. Just haven't found the effort to go get BYOND and do all that stuff lol. It's definitely a fun game with a different pace.

more_horiz
Lunatic wrote:
Irate wrote:
I play it hobby-like.

That's what attracted me to this game in the first place, am not like only gona play ygo just because i know how to play it, i play all games that have a good looking cards lol

also irate bro you play it on BYOND?

I do not, sadly.

I might start to do so at one point.

btw you should add me on Skype ._.

more_horiz
I play it on byond, really fun game.

and btw Anzo, the game does use the term "Trigger" but it's not the same as Yugioh's "Trigger Effect"

more_horiz
I watched an episode or two of it on Youtube, rather innovative, but I prefer YGO.

Mostly because I already have a deep understanding of YGO, but meh. I have a fallback if YGO decides to get any worse.

more_horiz
Meh i havent tried it yet but i was thinking about that since few days ago i saw it on byond... Even though before i gotta find some rulings or something :D

more_horiz
I tried watching the anime and couldn't stand it, nor do I care for the gameplay. I will just stick to YGO and Sword Girls...

more_horiz
Actually, Playing the game on TCO.com is spectacular, and game rules is much simpler that YGO yet it holds the meaning of "having fun" unlike YGO.

more_horiz
i dont under stand it..
summon 1 from the deck, ride.. set 3 backrow..check for trigger..and thats all i understand.. xD o.O

more_horiz
Pretty Simple:

1. Each deck consist of 50 card.

2. You start by viewing your deck, pick a level 0 monster, and place it face down on your vanguard arena (the middle top space). Make sure it's not a trigger monster otherwise you are wasting a card that can save you.

3. Shuffle the deck, then draw 5 cards from your deck.

4. You may pick a number of cards that you have just draw, and put them back on your of your deck and shuffle the deck, then draw the same amount of cards, the purpose of this is to have some variety of levels in your hand (1, 2 and 3), incase your first draw wasn't so lucky. (Imagin that in YGO -.-)

5. You can summon monsters from your hand with equal or less level from your vanguard as many as you like during your main phase.

6. When your opponent declare an attack at your Vanguard, you can Guard, Intercept. If the DEF points isn't enough the attack will goes through.

7. When your vanguard is attacked successfully you view the top card of your deck, if it's a trigger (Draw Trigger, Heal Trigger, Stand Trigger) you can use the effect on one of your monsters. Then send the card to the Damage Area (This is called Damage Check. Once you have 6 damage cards in your damage arena you have lost the duel.

8. When you have attacked the opponent vanguard successfully with YOUR vanguard nor a rear-guard, the opponent will declare if he will guard or not, in both situations, you can call Trigger Check (Once only if you have level 0, 1, 2, vanguard, Twice if you have a level 3 vanguard with "Twin Trigger Drive Check" icon on it.) And if you drew a trigger card you use it's effect on your vanguard or on one of your rear-guards, then add the card(s) to your hand.

more_horiz
You got most of the important stuff there, but missed some things

Grade* Not level
Call* Not summon
Shield* Not def points

You forgot to mention the ride phase which occurs before the main phase where you can Ride a vanguard with a grade higher then or equal to the grade of your current vanguard.

When you were talking about damage check you only mentioned 3 of the 4 triggers, critical trigger can still be used if it's damage check giving +5000 to a unit, the extra critical will be pointless though.

But yeah thats most of the simple things if you just want to explain the bare basics.

more_horiz
I was trying to remember the fourth one however i failed, so i assumed there is 3 only and my memory is all okay, also the names you mentioned, for a YGO player, it's easier to learn the game with vocabularies that he is familiar with at first.

more_horiz
I think myself to be good at this game... At least with ruling and terminology...

more_horiz
I was going to create a new topic until an image from the past come crossed my mind telling me i did this before lol

So amma stick to this topic instead of creating a new one

so now am back into playin this game after a long vacation, i came across this yesterday while trying to find a better system than byond to play this game

http://vanguard.jproject.xz.lt/index.php?topic=1226.msg2115#new

it's pretty easy and nice as well, so the eternal question all over again, who around plays this game?

more_horiz
I downloaded. Made an account. Made a super bad ass deck of golden paladins. Anzo want to duel sometimes? I joined the room and I was the only one active -.-

more_horiz
So its kind of like Magic the gathering and Carte

MTG was meh..got bored of it tbh, but carte was fun while it lasted

but back on topic, i might try this out for something different

more_horiz
Joker, yea dude sure thing, also get this one too:

http://cardfight.ru/?page_id=1961

it has a bigger base of users.

Liyana, you try it out, it's cool

more_horiz
I'm ready when you are Razz

more_horiz
add me on skype: anmar_wolffy

more_horiz
Trust me you gotta play this game for atleast 1 year to be "good" and thats even going far at the end of the day it all goes down to triggers anyways but there is skill involved but its likt 30% skill and 70% luck it is funner than yugioh but not as strategic

more_horiz
neji2k wrote:
Trust me you gotta play this game for atleast 1 year to be "good" and thats even going far at the end of the day it all goes down to triggers anyways but there is skill involved but its likt 30% skill and 70% luck it is funner than yugioh but not as strategic

Yes i agree You NEED to play ,but contrary to what neji2k said I dont think that vanguard is a 30% skill and 70% luck because like Yugioh/Magic/most tcg if you have a balanced deck with decent cards it mostly relies on decision making reaction and strategy so more like a 60% Skill and 40% luck because of Heart of the cards Razz

more_horiz
The period of time isn't the main factor that decides who's good and who's not. I've been playing few matches everyday, still not into it that much. However, I haven't lost a single match, not yet at least. If you have a balanced deck, you'll end up doing good eventually. You just need to figure out how it works exactly. Like how to use Grade 0 cards, Grade 1, 2 and 3 as well. Each grade has its best use. Unlike Yu-Gi-Oh! this game is based around decision-making-process rather than skill or luck. Skill is still required to make the right decision tho.

more_horiz
i didnt understand a single thing

more_horiz
Anzo when will we have our rematch e.e

more_horiz
I'm on Skype e.e

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum: