Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionI would like some help EmptyI would like some help

more_horiz
Well I know how to play the game and all but its been years since I kept up with the new cards and all. If possible can someone help to know what kind of deck or cards to use? or to catch me up to speed? I want to become a great duelist and I dont need to win every single duel but I want to win most. Thanks to who ever can help. I know this may be weird to ask,

descriptionI would like some help EmptyRe: I would like some help

more_horiz
Haha not weird to ask, i to started after a 5 year break Smile

was hard for me to, start with using a meta deck, and try to make your own deck build, so you get expierience with building decks...

more_horiz
Eh the meta decks for this format are

dino-rabbit (a deck focused aroud rescue rabbit and the dino XYZs)
inzektor (insext archetype focused on popping the field a card at a time)
wind-up (a archetype that can loop out the opponets hand)
dark world (a archetype focused on discarding)
bubble beat (a variant of hero beat)
six sams (just dont use them)
chaos dragons (name says it all)

and i think thats it.

Also define "years" did you leave the game whiule synchros were around?

Well you probably don't know what XYZs are, they a black cards in which you overlay 2 monsters of the same level.

more_horiz
Yeah pm me if you want some help i was in the same boat as you, left during the late YuGiOh GX era and syncros and xyzs were brand new to me.

more_horiz
yea i watched up till GX but i seen 5D's and Zexal (not every episode but some) so i know about synchro and xyz. i stopped collecting mid way of GX but a year and a half ago i started again and the only deck i made was a blackwing deck but its not all that great. honestly i dont know what meta is. What other meta decks are there?

more_horiz
It's going to take a lot of experience to win most of your games, unless you're playing against pretty weak people. Maybe aim for half of them for a starting goal? Mimgrim is probably right about using meta to start with. Dino Rabbits are apparently pretty easy to use.

more_horiz
to be honest its going to take time more then anything else to get you back into the game, most of the skill you get is from experience, and to get that experience you need to be in all sorts of different situations in order to gain it. to start off you should get familiar with the metagame (best decks) and just getting familiar with all the cards & rulings & more

more_horiz
ok other than dino rabbits can you suggest any other meta deck to use? ill learn about other decks thru the experiences of my duels.

more_horiz
Hero Beat can be pretty fun.

more_horiz
What's really nice practice is playing against computers, I used to play the Tag Force series from GX to 5D's, pretty nice practice.

If you can't do that than your best bet is to find someone who has a high degree of skill in this game (ie- a decently sized portion of DA), and get them to help you learn (/relearn/practice) how to play with and against the current types of monsters and meta.

Another nifty thing to do is to read the guides written here in DA, practice your skills in the Lessons area, and overall just give it time. You're not going to magically become pro, you have to learn not just how to play a card, but know how to use it.

more_horiz
*facepalms*

I can't believe I forgot this.

http://www.duelacademy.net/t3393-an-in-depth-deck-builder-s-guide-v20

The stuff that that article says to do can be kind of tricky for someone who's out of practice, but if you intend to become a pro, you'll need to understand at least that much.

more_horiz
http://www.duelacademy.net/f13-articles-library
This section will supply you with needed information to increase your knowledge about the game and make you a better duelist.

^says it all

Have fun ^_^'

more_horiz
well i was reading some but i couldnt keep focus Sad but if anyone has the time can you help me make a new deck?

more_horiz
ziur wrote:
ok other than dino rabbits can you suggest any other meta deck to use? ill learn about other decks thru the experiences of my duels.

I sugested more then dino-rabbit I would like some help 3974120512

dino-rabbit (a deck focused aroud rescue rabbit and the dino XYZs)
inzektor (insext archetype focused on popping the field a card at a time)
wind-up (a archetype that can loop out the opponets hand)
dark world (a archetype focused on discarding)
bubble beat (a variant of hero beat)
six sams (just dont use them)
chaos dragons (name says it all)

I sugested all the current meta decks (at least I think thats all of them) I would like some help 3974120512

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply