Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionEdo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game EmptyEdo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game

more_horiz
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - The OLD PC Game

Okay folks. Some of you requested the old fun and I shall give it to you lol.

The history of game:

Long time ago there was a duelist named Edo. He was kind of okay programmer and did his best to make this game more fun than the great games of that time: Power of Chaos series Smile

My brother discovered it on the net so we downloaded. The game was stupid. Decks were stupid. Everything. However Amy was good with PC's even in old times so I kinda hacked the game and improved it for my bro and his friends to have fun with it lol. Most of things there were on his demand. Most job I did at it was more than 6 yrs ago so don't ask me why this and that lol. Pics decks chars game and everything in it is old. However I guarantee the game is fun to play. IT HAS EVEN ME AS CHARACTER ::Monkey3:: Hell yea....

Then my bro and his friends decided to bring it to this community back in KC days. They converted it back to english language (poor english i know) and compiled everything for installing and playing properly.

I made a site for them lol. http://ancientshadowgames.webs.com/ and for some bloody reason its still up and running. So they had some fun teasing ppl there that the game will be released soon and after a while they forgot about it ::Monkey58:: so the ppl there were left with fake hopes.

Then I gave that version of game to some ppl in KC but I can't remember who. Anyway the game was still on his comp and I decided to bring it here for you all that like to play old style games with no synchros and xyz and all that new crap :D

The game is AUTOMATIC (made by a single man), BUT he was not a good programmer as the guy from YGOCore/Pro and you will experience slight changes in effects LOL. However its fun when you don't know what to expect and when the game trolls you badly. There are also some custom cards that Edo guy made for himself...

It features story play, you start as a character in domino city, give yourself a name and get a noobish random cards deck (not a premade deck but more a random card lottery lol). There are stages with characters in them. Those are from first ygo anime and gx. Cards are also from those times. there are card shops where you can buy and sell cards. Characters will give you some cards from them when you beat em as well. You earn Duel Points (same as here, what an irony).

Earning Duel Points and beating ppl opens up many secrets the game has. New stages, new characters, old characters getting new decks and new cards, some of them giving you their special card after you beat em certain amount of times etc. there are a lot of secret characters and secret stages like Side battle stage. I will write down most of those secrets when I get time.

Do not expect to play the game regularly like real ygo is. As I said some of the cards have weird effects and you need to adapt. The game itself has many secret options like playing fusion cards without fusion summon needed (when you unlock the feature though), so be ready for weird game mechanics. Some opponents are not so smart but have broken cards or play with broken rules. Imagine you are in anime and the things are different than you expected lol. That brings the game more fun because its not plain as those GBA, DS ygo games. The opponents here are much more crazy and mad Wink

There is 88 characters if my memory serves me well which is compared to Power of Chaos games, prah. Some chars dont have pics, 55 of em has i think.

DO NOT ask me questions like will I get new cards, improve the game and stuff like that. I abandoned working on it, and so did the original programmer. The game is final as it is.

Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game Screen1

Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game Screen2

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?cwrn9bgplub3e5i

Enjoy, those of you who like abandoned, old style ygo games ::Monkey62::

Last edited by Amy Cool on Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionEdo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game EmptyRe: Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game

more_horiz
Heh looks like fun. Downloading right now :D

descriptionEdo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game EmptyRe: Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game

more_horiz
Since the game is old, it might need some components to run which you have to put manually.

Problem #1: MSVBVM50.DLL is missing.

Solution #1: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvbvm50
Scroll down and click "Download-ZIP file". After you download it, extract the contents to your game folder and it will fix the issue.

more_horiz
another problem is the not registered COMCTL32.OCX file error

Note: the solution on the net doesn't work, i tried.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:

Since the game is old, it might need some components to run which you have to put manually.

Problem #1: MSVBVM50.DLL is missing.

Solution #1: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvbvm50
Scroll down and click "Download-ZIP file". After you download it, extract the contents to your game folder and it will fix the issue.

Amyo it shud be extracted to System32 folder or in win 64bit to SysWOW64 folder tho u cant extract directly to SysWOW64 must be extracted 1st then Copied into it

more_horiz
^putting it in the game directory does the same Sanji

more_horiz
i wanna learn to hack random **** like amy does to turn them awesome :C, can you chain in this game bntw O-o?

more_horiz
^Yepz0rs you can chain

more_horiz
Train Hardnett wrote:
another problem is the not registered COMCTL32.OCX file error

Note: the solution on the net doesn't work, i tried.

whats the problem with it? I mean you download it for example from here: http://www.ocxme.com/ocx/download/2874/comctl32.ocx

and just put it into your "system32" windows folder.

more_horiz
Done that still shows the error when I try to see the deck.

more_horiz
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/how-to-fix-compnent-comctl32ocx-oe-one-of-its/36bb66d8-d7ba-475d-a2af-9aa4852e1c8e

did you try that? registering it i mean.

more_horiz
Yes, thats why I said the solution on the net doesn't work

more_horiz
Some solutions also say to reinstall the game and restart the pc after you register that component

more_horiz
Yeah,
I was a programmer back in the good ol' days.
There, I said it.

more_horiz
A funny fact about this game is that after so many years its still the only pc game with so many AI opponents to play against.

more_horiz
I know this is an old thread, but how do you get all the characters in the secret stage? Or are there only the four? I've played both storylines, gotten stage A & B, so is that it then?

more_horiz
no there are many :D

and there is also Memorial Stage! There are also special cards you win by beating ppl about 15 times. You can get Ra Slifer Obelisk in their original anime forms, not drained official versions.

I will write all the secrets in this game once i get the time, there are so many of those including opponents changing decks to slightly or dramatically tougher ones :D

more_horiz
I'll say just one thing:
Regardless of how "old" or "poorly programmed" it is, this is the ONLY PC (not emulator-adapted) game with both AI and MOUSE.
Honestly, the thing I HATE in all other YGO games, is either no AI (or even worse, no AUTO-game), or can't play with the mouse...
And in YGO, the latter means SPEEDING up the game like 5 times.
Cause I hate scrolling through cards each time I need to click one...
I SO hope(d) to see a NORMAL YGO PC game one day...

Also, is there any way to CHANGE this idiotic BLACK SCREEN in the posting window???

Btw, Amy...
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Terok_Nor_Promenade/topic/9017586/6/?x=0
is waiting for you, kinda... :D

more_horiz
Hm. that forum is like dead.... It would be much easier if ppl that want to play the game or get more from it come here and enjoy it in a big community. If the interest raises we can even give some rewards in the forum here for accomplishments in the game because last time I checked, I pretty much overpowered some opponents lol. So even with old cards and not that smart AI, the cards are powerful and can make you trouble if abused no matter how good player you are if u know what i mean. So, or those who accomplish tasks for example unlock secret chars first, could get like 500 DP here in forum lol. This way EDO's game can get much more attraction than in an almost dead forum Wink

About your black screen.... I suspect you are using that Opera browser which is full of bugs. But anyway, no matter what browser you use, the following action should fix your problem:

Disable WYSIWYG editor or plain said turn off this Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game Switch_wysiwyg button located as last button above the textarea.

more_horiz
Thanks for the screen thing FIRST.

As of the game, I've been advertising it everywhere YGO I get, ever since.
I actually uploaded it once to "revive" it.
I mean, big chance is, that I actually REVIVED its downloading, though Edo definitely had a working copy anyways, cause I was searching the old sites and couldn't find. Then I found pieces here and there, and compiled into a viable download.
Not as much work as YOU have done, sure, but something at least...
I was thinking of complaining how you "ruined my charpics", but maybe I'll just play YOUR version instead. :D
Good job - and I FULLY support the idea of "Edo Achievements".
Just not "who's first", but "who's best".
Cause I for example had been playing it ever since (and stopped eons ago), so I'm no honest rival to someone NEW...
Cheers!

Just for the record, THIS is MY upload!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ma4ec3
(Where did YOU get your version? Just curious...)

PS.
HUH?!?
Just started the game and went for the Story mode first.
How come AI played FIVE!!! Dian Keto s on turn one???
All are in the cemetery...
This is either cheating or BUGS...
Edo's bugs were funnier and less "against the rules"...

PPS.
The hell???
It just played ANOTHER Keto!!!

PPPS.
And yet ANOTHER!!!

Your "deck making" is IDIOTIC, sorry...

ALSO, COUNTLESS other BUGS...
Your version SUCKS!!!

more_horiz
NEWLY UPLOADED VERSION 2007.01.01!!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6yds9o

PS.
Amy, the easiest way to edit SCRIPTS (not game mechanics), is by opening the .exe with Notepad++.
I just edited my first victory vs Story Mode to grant me 50000(!!!) Duel Points. bounce
And it works!!! Basketball

PPS.
No, it doesn't...
Gave me Restricted errors in Deck making step...
WEIRD...

PPPS.
Hex Edit is the cure.
Just use the INSERT right-click option.
Then you can edit the TEXT in any way you want.
I'll test it now, but should be working...

P...S.
OK, correction, I can only somehow make it 4-digit edit, so *****...
I mean, I got the instant nearly-10-lvl boost, but the editing SUCKS...

more_horiz
Actually that dian keto thing was Edo's bug, not mine.

Also his version had bugs throughout the story mode while I corrected some of them.

I stated that I overpowered some decks and made it more a screw the rules version for some characters you play against simply because everyone is tired of beating the hell out of opponent because he is a script not a brain. Instead I thought like, okay, if I can't make AI good like my own brain, then I'm gonna go with triple mirror force, triple raigeki, triple monster reborn etc so its more challenging for me to play :D

If you don't like some of the parts, oh well, still its so much advanced than EDO's raw version.

Mine version of game is from my computer that I downloaded ages ago. I think its now like 8 yrs or so. Yea my system and files live on my pc I don't delete stuff lol.

P.S. the game is editable so what is the point if you edit your stuff to get things easier lol. Same like you can play GBA ygo games properly or use gameshark code to get things such as "press a and b together for instant win" lol...

more_horiz
EDIT:
A run-time error on the Dinosaur Ryuzaki guy...

Well, I haven't played in ages, but I DON'T remember seeing such bugs.
The only bugs I do remember, were "force/mis-playing" UNPLAYABLE cards.
Like, multiple "activation" of currently-unplayable spells - triggering endless monster effects that reacted to spells.
Or some equally weird bugs that ended up as PLAYER cheats.
AIs didn't cheat!!!
Yes, they're quite stupid, but they don't break the rules.
Also, the definitely NEW errors include bad dialogues and unsynchronized duel records.
Eg. I got a WIN by "Dan", while I actually beat the water guy in Stage 1.
This is very much probably due to you switching some names and pics, ending with really stupid results, when I looked into the charpic folder...

You CAN use the "screw the rules" CHEAT - but this is a very DISlikeable idea...
I prefer to NOT duel CHEATERS...

The super-DPs cheat was more of a JOKE.
Since I hating wasting a week on reaching level 10...
It's not gonna change the DUELING itself - just less GRINDING.
I HATE GRINDING...

Anyways, do you mind spilling, WHAT are the differences you've made?
Don't mention NAMES (though, why not), but at least if (like you said) you added some FEATURES...

Please, don't feel offended - I said what I SAW.
And I have a huge experience with THIS game...

Cheers!

more_horiz
I am bumping this topic for all those new members who didn't see it and would like to try out a classic style ygo game with many AI opponents and screwed up automatic play LOL. As I said in my first post, the game if fun if you see it that way, the way where everything is screw the rules lol, though it goes mostly by the rules lol.

There is Amy Cool as opponent if anyone gets till there Razz

(currently, the only way you can play against me LOL since i quit ygo)

So yeah, I know most of you tried it but maybe there is someone still that didn't see and wants to go for few old challenges! In other words, who cares I can bump topics whenever I want, I'm the bloody admin who is feared even by other admins! Edo's Unofficial Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters PC Game 2508409715

more_horiz
I had just googled this game today simply out of sheer nostalgia and it bringed me to this page... Ironically, you had bumped it yesterday Amy.

I just registered to say thanks for helping to make this game back when it was in the works, I appreciated the game greatly and I still do to this very day.

Please, if possible, send my regards to Edo as well.

I made this account because of this one thread, but I suppose I'll stick around. :3

[For some reason I get this bizarre feeling I've already been here before...]

more_horiz
LOL thanks for your input, it's always nice to see some people loving this game other than me. Basically, my whole younger ygo career before online burst of ygo, was with this game Smile

After I have beaten all the opponents and challenges, only thing left for me to advance in my dueling was to "hack" those decks of opponents to make them cheating-broken like 3x Mirror force and such things to enjoy the fun again. I saw some people here told me the game was broken but what do you expect from a fan-made game to be lol.

So, again, thanks for the visit and I hope you enjoy it even today like in the days before lol.

Unfortunately I am not in contact with EDO, he turned down his ygo interest long before I was known online so yeah, it would be kinda harsh to contact him right now after all these years, maybe he even forgot about this game Razz

You can look around here in the forum, we got some pretty nice and interesting forum games with our "Dice Jar Bot" + many events and competitions among other members who decided to not random duel each day in DN Smile

more_horiz
I had the intention to read this topics, but once i saw the wall of texts....

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply