Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki Empty3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki

more_horiz
okay 1: if an eff monster like cure mermaid is overlayed can its effect still give you 800lp on your stand by?

2: this person had a full s/t zone and said he can put one to grave to free a space so he can play another 1.
I went with it since he wouldnt drop it (he raged quited against my gishki)

3: can Evigishki soul ogre use other "evigishi" monsters for his eff?
(yet another quit)

description3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki EmptyRe: 3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki

more_horiz
1- I don't think so. When a monster is on the field as an overlay unit, it isn't considered "on the field", rather, a purgatory-like state where their effects do not activate like that.
Ex- Sangan ruling where you cannot use Sangan's effect if he was used as an Xyz material and sent to the grave.

2-You cannot just pick up a card and send to grave :/
You have to either use or get it destroyed. I don't think theres any circumstance you can alter anything in YGO (within rules) without a card effect.

3-
Evigiski Soul Ogre wrote:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Gishki" monster to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; shuffle that target into the Deck.

Not sure what you're asking here.
My best guess:
You have to discard a "Gishki" monster to use effect, and you shuffle the opponent's card into the deck. (even if they control your card, it gets shuffled to "THE" deck, meaning it goes to your deck.)

description3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki EmptyRe: 3 questions-regarding to xyz, and s/t zone, and gishki

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:

2-You cannot just pick up a card and send to grave :/
You have to either use or get it destroyed. I don't think theres any circumstance you can alter anything in YGO (within rules) without a card effect.

3-
Evigiski Soul Ogre wrote:
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Gishki" monster to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; shuffle that target into the Deck.

Not sure what you're asking here.
My best guess:
You have to discard a "Gishki" monster to use effect, and you shuffle the opponent's card into the deck. (even if they control your card, it gets shuffled to "THE" deck, meaning it goes to your deck.)

2: thats what i said

3:can i discard an "Evigishki" monster for the effect to start

more_horiz
I would think that it would require the Gishki monster, as the cards can be very specific, but not entirely sure.
people can correct me where I'm wrong here, but I'd guess no. I would think it would be for the same reason you can't summon Hero Kid with Hero Signal, the names are similar, but without it being exactly the same it won't work.
Again, people can correct me where I'm wrong here.

more_horiz
1. Monsters that are overlayed are considered no longer on the field, no longer monster cards, and do not have any effects.

2. You cannot discard or destroy your own cards without activating an effect that requires it. He cannot simply decided to destroy 1 of his own cards to free up a spell/trap zone.

3. Soul Ogre's effect is to discard 1 Gishki monster from your hand in order to shuffle 1 face-up card on your opponent's field into his/her deck. Evigishki monsters are Gishki monster and can therefore be used for his effect.

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
Again, people can correct me where I'm wrong here.

nekofjung wrote:
3. Soul Ogre's effect is to discard 1 Gishki monster from your hand in order to shuffle 1 face-up card on your opponent's field into his/her deck. Evigishki monsters are Gishki monster and can therefore be used for his effect.

^Apparently I am wrong. xD

more_horiz
k thank you this can be locked unless proven wrong

more_horiz
neko is never wrong. locked :D

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply