Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMy Nordic Deck EmptyMy Nordic Deck

more_horiz
Hey, everyone. This is my Nordic Deck. It's been a while since I updated it, so some good suggestions are appreciated. First, let's look at the cards.

My Nordic Deck JY28R

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Dverg of the Nordic Alfar
1x Garmr of the Nordic Beasts
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3x Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts
2x Ljosalf of the Nordic Alfar
1x Marshmallon
1x Obnoxious Celctic Guard
2x Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
1x Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar
2x Tangnnjostr of the Nordic Beasts
2x Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts
1x Tragoedia
1x Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant
2x Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant

Spells
1x Burial from a Different Dimension
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind Control
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Scapegoat

Traps
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison
3x Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir
1x Mirror Force
1x Nordic Relic Laevateinn

I won't go into the Side Deck, the post itself is already an enormous chore. I'll Edit it in later.

Extra Deck: 15
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Iron Chain Dragon
1x Loki, Lord of the Aesir
1x Mist Wurm
2x Odin, Father of the Aesir
1x Stardust Dragon
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
2x Thor, Lord of the Aesir
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Leviair
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Utopia Ray

-----

The overall strategy is to drop any of the three Aesir ASAP, without leaving the opponent a chance to counterattack. Gleipnir is maxed out since it helps search for Nordics, and since it can be chained to a MST, I can still get the Nordic monster to my hand as they waste their MST. Also, Laevateinn is one of the few unchainable cards out there in the game, and it lets me pop any of the opponent's monsters that destroyed one of mine by battle. Not even Stardust Dragon can save the opponent from this. I'd usually let my opponent destroy a Tanngrisnir to get its tokens, and then use Laevateinn to leave him defenseless. Even better when the field is set up for Odin or Thor.

Key cards:

Super-Nimble Mega Hamster allows me to Special Summon one of the two Nordic Beasts that can be summoned by its effect. Depending on the situation, Tanngrisnir or Tanngnjostr rarely fail. If the opponent has a monster on the field (which triggered Hamster) I'd SS Tanngnjostr so I could later activate it's effect, summoning another Nordic Beast. I'd usually summon a Tanngrisnir with Tanngnjostr's effect, and Normal Summon Guldfaxe.

Marshmallon and Obnoxious Celtic Guard are two monsters that can't be destroyed by battle (normally). It can put up a wall until I get the necessary monsters. Scapegoat also works for this.

Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant allows me to drop Odin fast, as normally I'd have the field clear by the time I use her. Burial from a Different Dimension comboes well with her, so the more Tuners I dump in the grave, the better.

Tragoedia. Ah. With the Plant engine dead, I have to take what I can get for a Synchro deck. Tragoedia has easy Special Summoning conditions, and can change its Level equal to nay of my monsters in the Graveyard.

I don't normally opt for Loki due to him being the weakest of the Aesir, but once I have one out I don't mind dropping him on the field. With a Level 10 Aesir on the field, I would Normal Summon Dverg, who in turn grants me another Normal Summon. I Normal Summon Ljosalf, who can target a monster I control and summon a Nordic equal or less than the target's level. This is where I summon Svartalf (or Vanadis, and dump Svartalf to the grave with her effect). The field is set for Loki! I once summoned Loki after summoning thor. Rare occurrence, but I may provide the picture later Smile

So that's it. Suggestions and even criticism are welcome.

descriptionMy Nordic Deck EmptyRe: My Nordic Deck

more_horiz
The beast engines a lot better and way more consistent than a mash of nordics. Try out:

3 Tanngrisnir
3 Tangnnjostr
3 Guldfaxe
And I like to tech 1-2 Vanadis for the option into Odin or Loki

more_horiz
People don't really use white goat anymore. 1 copy at most. Vanadis has not been played for a long time.
It's mostly black goat and guldfaxe that are being played, with 3 copies of each.

more_horiz
I'm trying to keep it as pure as I can, so I didn't think about using much of the Beast engine.

To answer Bakura, I use Tanngrisnir (the white goat) just in case the opponent has a field full of monsters. Since no one cares about piercing damage (as much as I do, anyway) in this format, putting up a wall of defense prevents OTKs. Unless he gets Hornet'd. >.>

Plus, Tanngnjostr (black goat) can only summon Nordic Beasts except copies of itself. And all the others are level four.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply