Hello everyone and welcome to Yugioh Championship Series – Duel Academy!

We’ve got 68 duelists in the house vying for that top spot as Duel Academy’s YCS Champion, but only 1 can have it! I’m here as your special guest host, to make sure that you have a great time!

During registration, I provided a questionnaire which several of you answered, so let’s go over what people seem to be preparing for at this YCS!

In terms of the expectation for most played decks here, there were a veritable plethora of answers ranging from Six Samurai to Chaos decks, to what I’m going to refer to as the Big 3. I think you all probably know them too so feel free to shout them with me:

INZEKTORS!
WIND-UPS!
DINO RABBIT
!

Yes, these 3 decks seem to have created a quite clearly defined meta early on in this format, but we’ll see how they hold up in the end! Of the 3, the deck picked out as the one people expect to see the most of is Inzektors! So, if you’re afraid of the creepy crawlers, you might want to prepare yourself mentally to withstand this meta!

Meanwhile, there was a similar question I asked that differed in 1 important way. Rather than asking, what do you expect to see the most of? I asked what you expected to see in the Top 16. That is to say, do people think that any of the current meta decks are overrated? Well, once again there were several favored answers that went from T.G. Drain to Dark World to Chaos decks, with Hero Beat receiving a respectable number of votes. However, you the voters decided that yes, the meta is really inclusive of the top decks and the decks most played will be the decks to make it to the Top 16. So the prediction is that all of the Big 3 will make it the Top 16, with the most favored deck this time being . . . oh please do take a guess . . . NOT Inzektors! Instead it is Dino Rabbit! So if you believe that rabbits have a place in a deck featuring animals that were around before rabbits existed, then this may be the meta for you!

Of course, knowing what the meta is and preparing for it are 2 totally different topics, and people had tons of wonderful side deck cards readied to take on the Big 3. Which were most popular, you may ask? Well, allow me to share with you! The assortment of choices was huge, but 3 cards tied for the most votes, and those were Dimensional Fissure, Royal Decree, and Necrovalley! Apparently, graveyard hate is a lovely choice, as is shutting down key trap cards for decks that tend to run several.

Well, we’ve gone through all the serious stuff. We’ve covered the meta and the side deckers, but let’s get to know the duelists themselves – and there’s no better method for learning about a duelist than to learn about his/her favorite card. We’ve got some real characters competing here, from Master Magicians and Chaotic Sorcerers, to the lovers of all things Dark and Dragonic. It’s all good. We’ve got evil heroes to root against, and people who would save a bunny to root for. We have King’s of Thunder and their Guardians who protect the Order of the land. There’s lovers of canyons of the dead, and those who Counter that with the love of Angels. We’ve got cowboys who can whip out a gun fast, and those who would rather Summon the heads of skeletons to fight their battles. There are dragons with firepower, and those who would drain them of their abilities. In short, we’ve got a bunch of clowns, creeps, patriots, lovers, and just happy-go-lucky yugioh players with us, and we’re all happy to have you here!

Good luck in the tournament everyone!