Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGravekeeper Deck EmptyGravekeeper Deck

more_horiz
This is the first draft of the gravekeeper deck im trying to make.
It's has too many cards and i've never run gravekeepers to know what works well with them. I would greatly appreciate any tips you could give me Smile

EDIT (3/21/12): OK. sorry i haven't updated in so long. I got busy with Spring Break haha. Anyway, This is what I've come up with as a revised edition. I am trying to physically make this deck and money is an issue, so I'm trying to make the best one I can afford. Along with that, since money is a limitation, I'm focusing on just a main deck for now and will worry about a side deck later. I think overall, this is a major improvement. Thanks for all your help Smile and let me know if there are some other big holes or problems you see. Much Appreciated Smile

Monsters (20)
---------------------------------
Breaker the Magical Warrior x2
Effect Veiler x3
Gravekeeper's Assailant
Gravekeeper's Commandant x3
Gravekeeper's Descendant x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x 2
Gravekeeper's Recruiter x3
Gravekeeper's Spy x3

Magic (14)
--------------------------------
Allure of Darkness
Book of Moon
Dark Hole
Gravekeeper's Stele x2
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Necrovalley x3
Pot of Duality x3

Traps (9)
--------------------------------
Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Dark Illusion x2
Mirror Force
Solemn Warning
Torrential Tribute x2

Last edited by ted62 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 4 times in total

descriptionGravekeeper Deck EmptyRe: Gravekeeper Deck

more_horiz
find room for this

3 recruiters
3 spys
3 descendants
3 commandant
3 assailant

2 royal tributes
3 gravekeepers steel
3 duality

more_horiz
3 assailant is too much, 1 is plenty and same with stele, run 2

more_horiz
Umm I dont know, but I would take out the cannon holders, newdoria and viser des and spear soliders to find room for the other things that you need. Razz You could also go along with using plague spreader zombie in the deck, sinec its effect can be used easily in the deck, though it can be a bit slow with the plaguespreader. Razz But 3 recruiters is a necessary detail for all GraveKeeper decks. Hope this helps. Smile

more_horiz
Gravekeeper's is something I used to run all the time and then sadly had to move on to more tournament worthy decks as the Meta keeps changing but it is still one of my favorites and I still have the deck built. So lets get into a full deck fix mode starting with what I would take out (also Gk stands for Gravekeeper's):

Monsters:

-1 Gk Assailant

-2 Gk Chief

-2 Gk Curse

-2 Gk Spear Soldier

-2 Gk Visionary

Spells:

-1 Creature Swap

-1 Dark Room Of Nightmare

-1 Monster Reborn

-1 Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:

-1 Coffin Seller

-1 Malevolent Catastrophe

-2 Metal Reflect Slime

-1 Nightmare Wheel

-2 Sakuretsu Armor

You should side deck the rest of the traps that I didn't cut as they will better serve you there.

Now the Basic Line Up of Gk is:

3 Gk Commandant

3 Gk Spy

3 Gk Recruiter

3 Gk Descendant

The rest are all just preference and judgement calls but I prefer:

2 Gk Guard

That puts the current monster count to 14. Now there are other options you can run main deck and you need to assess your money if you are building this in real life as the cards that you would need more than anything would be Effect Veiler and Maxx "C". Effect Veiler got reprinted so its easy to get and was only 10 dollars before that. Maxx "C" on the other hand is around 100 dollars or more at the moment. So if you can afford them go 3 Maxx "C" side deck and use them if Dino Rabbit or Wind-Up decks make an appearance or anything that special summons alot. Otherwise I will proceed with the more cost effective version.

Add:

2 Breaker The Magical Warrior

3 Effect Veiler

Thats it for the monster line up. So let me give you the whole deck list:

Monsters: 19

3 Gk Commandant

3 Gk Spy

3 Gk Recruiter

3 Gk Descendant

2 Gk Guard

2 Breaker The Magical Warrior

3 Effect Veiler

Spells: 14

3 Pot of Duality

1 Allure of Darkness

3 Necrovalley

2 Gk Stele

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Book of Moon

Traps: 7

2 Solemn Warning

1 Solemn Judgement

2 Torrential Tribute

2 Compulsory Evacuation Device

Now a Possible Side Deck:

Side Deck: 15

3 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

1 Breaker The Magical Warrior

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

3 Dark Illusion(or 3 Fiendish Chain)

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

1 Mirror Force

2 Mirror of Oaths

2 Sarlight Road

So thats it. Ryko is there if you need to side in to take out an opponents Shadow Imprisoning Mirror or just any other card giving you trouble and you can side out Gk guard and/or Breaker for it. One Breaker and One Mystical Space Typhoon for added spell and trap destruction. 3 Dark Illusion for the player that relies to much on Effect Veiler and Fiendish Chain as well as other annoying cards that get in you Gk way. 2 Bottomless Trap Hole for Dino Rabbit and Wind Up players and Mirror of Oaths for Dino Rabbit, Wind Up and Inzektors or any deck that likes to Special Summon from the deck. Mirror Force for added Protection just in case and Starlight Road for that Player that likes to nuke the field too much. With Starlight Road in the side deck you will want to run 2 Stardust Dragon in the Extra Deck.

Give it try and see what you think. I bet at least it will run alot smoother for you. Stay Classy. sunny

more_horiz
OK. i edited it some, but I'm still thinking that it's sitting at mediocre at best.

more_horiz
The only other cards I would recommend would be Wonder Wand and Royal Tribute. They work wonders.

more_horiz
In response to OP 3/21 update

-2 Breaker, not needed with 2 MSTs and 3 Descendants
-1 Effect Veiler
-1 GK Guard
-1 Heavy Storm
-2 Dark Illusion

+1 BTH, run maxiumum
+2 Fiendish Chain
+2 Royal Tribute
+2 Dimenisonal Prison or Forbidden Lance