Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionXyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card EmptyXyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card

more_horiz
Xyz monsters dont have levels if u use cards that will change/increase/Decrease level what happens?
Does the xyz have a rank and levev?
Does the xyz have just a level?
Does the xyz have just a rank?
or The xyz is unneffected by those cards (example: Xyz monster + synchro boost. Can synchro boost be equiped on the xyz? If yes what happenes to its level? And does all of its effects apply to the xyz? or just the ATK gaining effect?)

Please do not give me an answer for all those questions just say what happens. And anything else i should know about this exact question.

descriptionXyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card EmptyRe: Xyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card

more_horiz
Any cards that say "level" on them, do not affect XYZ because their stars are a "rank."
The rank is a totally different thing than a level.

XYZ only have RANKS

They can not be affected by cards that say "decrease/increase level by __________."
Cards like that will fizzle as soon as they target an XYZ monster.

~Hope this helps.

descriptionXyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card EmptyRe: Xyz monster with a level increasing/Decreasing card

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:
Any cards that say "level" on them, do not affect XYZ because their stars are a "rank."
The rank is a totally different thing than a level.

XYZ only have RANKS

They can not be affected by cards that say "decrease/increase level by __________."

~Hope this helps.

You didn't answer me 1 question and the most important for me synchro boost increases lvl by 1 and gives 500 ATK point will the ATK point still go up on the xyz monster? or does the whole eff not work on the xyz?

more_horiz
Best I could find for this was a forum for another YGO game I play.

Q: Regarding the Star(s) under an Exceeds Monster's name, is this treated as the Exceeds Monster's Level? For example, can you equip it with Cards like Synchro Boost or Demotion?
A: The Star(s) under an Exceeds Monster's name are considered to be its Rank, not its Level. Therefore, since it has no Level, you cannot equip it with Cards like Synchro Boost or Demotion.

http://www.neus-projects.net/showthread.php?173-Rulings-for-Exceeds-Summoning

more_horiz
Confirm the above, XYZ monsters do not have Star Levels, they have Ranks and because of that cards that specify Stars on a monster do not have any effect on a XYZ monster (EX: Gravity Bind, Level Limit Area B etc...). Also XYZ monsters cannot be used for Synchro summoning.

more_horiz
You didn't answer me 1 question and the most important for me synchro boost increases lvl by 1 and gives 500 ATK point will the ATK point still go up on the xyz monster? or does the whole eff not work on the xyz?

I did answer your question, jussayin'.

more_horiz
Harbinger wrote:

I did answer your question, jussayin'.

It seems your answer twas not clear nuff for the guy :3

:D

more_horiz
yes he wasn't clear enough

more_horiz
Atheridis wrote:
yes he wasn't clear enough

*cough* *cough* SHE* *cough*

more_horiz
i understood it perfectly
Harbinger wrote:

more_horiz
I get what you're trying to say, Atheridis. The level won't increase/decrease because XYZ's don't have levels, that have ranks, he knows that, but he's asking if his ATK still increases because of Synchro Boost's eff that increases the equipped monster's attack by 500.

more_horiz
Synchro boost won't raise the level of the xyz monster b/c they have ranks; the card WILL raise the ATK by 500, so it still serves a slight purpose

hope the question is now cleared up

edit by Loto: bad keyboard/chat box mix up...answer in my second post on this topic

Last edited by Loto Drandel on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Loto Drandel wrote:
Synchro boost won't raise the level of the xyz monster b/c they have ranks; the card WILL raise the ATK by 500, so it still serves a slight purpose

no it will not since any cards that deal with levels cannot be used on Xyz monsters

more_horiz
lol sorry bad keyboard and i hit two chat bits wrong so i didn't know it did it until the reply

synchro boost works only on level monsters, xyz have ranks so the only way they get attack or defense boosts are from equip cards that do not have anything to do with affecting levels and other monster effects

sorry for mix-up XD (face palm)

more_horiz
Basically:
Eheroduelist wrote:
Best I could find for this was a forum for another YGO game I play.

Q: Regarding the Star(s) under an Exceeds Monster's name, is this treated as the Exceeds Monster's Level? For example, can you equip it with Cards like Synchro Boost or Demotion?
A: The Star(s) under an Exceeds Monster's name are considered to be its Rank, not its Level. Therefore, since it has no Level, you cannot equip it with Cards like Synchro Boost or Demotion.

http://www.neus-projects.net/showthread.php?173-Rulings-for-Exceeds-Summoning

Train Hardnett wrote:
Confirm the above, XYZ monsters do not have Star Levels, they have Ranks and because of that cards that specify Stars on a monster do not have any effect on a XYZ monster (EX: Gravity Bind, Level Limit Area B etc...). Also XYZ monsters cannot be used for Synchro summoning.

more_horiz
And since the question was answered I'ma close this.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply