Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionShock Troops of the Ice Barrier EmptyShock Troops of the Ice Barrier

more_horiz
Okay, I've read the effect of this card multiple times. Certain people tell me it works one way, Certain people say it another.

It's effect - You can Tribute this card to destroy 1 face-up WATER monster on the field, and add 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck to your hand.

I've had people tell me that the card's effect works on it's self. Meaning when it's played, You can do that. But I've also had people tell me it doesn't work like that because that is the monster in the tribute. But it also doesn't say "Another water monster" etc in the card. Can anyone show me some light on this?

descriptionShock Troops of the Ice Barrier EmptyRe: Shock Troops of the Ice Barrier

more_horiz
Tributing itself is a cost, so you activate the effect by tributing it, and then you choose a target. If your opponent or yourself don't have anything to chain to it, you then destroy the selected target.
As you can see, you choose the target AFTER you tribute it, which means that Shock Troops is already in the graveyard when you pick a target, so obviously, you can't choose itself as the target.

descriptionShock Troops of the Ice Barrier EmptyRe: Shock Troops of the Ice Barrier

more_horiz
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

more_horiz
No problem, and topic locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply