Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYCS : Interviews  EmptyYCS : Interviews

more_horiz
DA YCS #2 : Interviews

Hello everybody and good day, It's almost time for YCS DA #2 and Duelists are already packing their Decks with the newest banlist to gain every edge they can in the competition.

While i was wandering around among the duelists' tables, a 13 yo kid captured my attention, he was busy looking for someone to trade him the card he needed to finish his deck..Oh wait !! Now i know by looking at his face why he captured my attention. It's because he's familiar, It's Vem, a Plant/Quickdraw variants user who topped 4 this past YCS DA #1, He might be a young one but his achievements talk for him
Spoiler :

So i approached and started to talk "Hey Vem", He looked up and said "Hi there"

EJ : First of all, what's up ?!

Vem : Nothing special. Spending my weekend playing card games and stuff..

EJ : Speaking of card games, As far as i remember you earned 3rd place at YCS DA #1, right?

Vem : Yeah, it was one of the greatest tournaments i have ever participated !

EJ : Well, what were you using by then ?

Vem : I was using a Quickdraw/Debris variant. It wasn't very constitent, because i built the deck in a hurry. It ran greatly though
*Other players who're apparently his teammates pointed towards him and said he won because he sacked*

EJ : Aha the deck which got hit the most this format. well, Do you think it can adapt to this format ?!

Vem : Yeah, it will still be tier 1 i believe! Dandylion and Debris got hit but Card Trooper is Semi Limited now plus Book of Moon at 1 won't interrupt the Synchro Summoning. Let's not forget the new card ''Doppelwarrior'' which will work well together with Junk Synchron. Also Tech Genus Hyper Librarian will be a great addition. These 2 cards have been released in OCG and the deck goes extremely well
*He asks me to hold abit so he could buy a slice o' pizza*

EJ : So in what way is this YCS different from the past one (meta aspect)? And ofcourse we're talking about KCVDS meta.

Vem : Well, if we are talking about KCVDS meta.. i believe not much has changed since last format. We had 14 different decks in Top 16 last time. I believe there will be less different decks this time. I am seeing X-Sabers and Light Beat being run by more people. Blackwings vs Scraps was the matchup of the final but i don't think they can go that far this time. Blackwings got hit. Scraps are better this format but sadly not many people will run them. I believe they can still top though

EJ : Any quick techs you believe would run well this format?

Vem : Spirit Reaper!!! I just love this guy. You set it, you stall! You dark hole your opponent's field, direct attack and get free +1! He is DARK attribute, so Dark Armed Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Allure of Darkness etc love him. It is also target for Debris Dragon.

Then he asked me to ****** off because he wanted to concentrate on his deck, I politely tossed the table flipping all his cards on the floor and left him collect the cards with his mates

descriptionYCS : Interviews  EmptyRe: YCS : Interviews

more_horiz
EJ wrote:
[
Then he asked me to ****** off because he wanted to concentrate on his deck, I politely tossed the table flipping all his cards on the floor and left him collect the cards with his mates

Lies! you tossed the table, after you realized i was 13 yo and freaked out :D
Goof interview, a short one though Razz

P.S : Michael Jackson died and kids around the world don't have food

more_horiz
vem123 wrote:

P.S : Michael Jackson died and kids around the world don't have food

yes and u eat pizza without sharing.. shame on u Evil or Very Mad

more_horiz
Nice dialogue. Smile

more_horiz
@Blitz No food for you , you beat only one DML , i told you Razz !

@BERKAY ikr Smile

more_horiz
I did not know you are interviewer EJ, nice.

Vem how did they let you join Duel Academy when you have just 13 years all summed up?! Razz

more_horiz
Vem how did they let you join Duel Academy when you have just 13 years all summed up?

They just didn't know :D

more_horiz
sacker + sacker = 2 sackers in an interview

more_horiz
vem123 wrote:
@Blitz No food for you , you beat only one DML , i told you Razz !

i am mod i can ban u fo the lulz Smile, i can also ban yo cookie factory Cool

Last edited by BliTz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
And I'm an admin and can ban you for double posting!
Cool int. EJ, vem you get a cookie!
KIU

more_horiz
I hate you EJ. you had to interview me instead of this kid >_<

more_horiz
hehe there u see the most sacky pro kid in the ycs be afraid ! Razz
help im getting team leaded by a kid Sad xD
jk u got pwn skills and nice interview KIU

more_horiz
are there more interviews coming up, or are you going to wait for the top 16 or top 8 or something ..?, since these interviews are quite fun to read.

more_horiz
nah EJ is lazy -_-

more_horiz
YCS Interview #2

Today I decided to get off my office and go wander among a collection of the best duelists around here, Yes I'm talking about DA YCS #2 Top 16 Duelists! These duelists has been into a month and a half of extreme assessment, six rounds of exhausting, challenging and intense swiss rounds.

Out of the blue, I bumped into hamouda, all his cards fell onto the floor and i could count 25 traps. <<<----LOL

He yelled : "Watch it, Jackass"
I could see somehow a flash back...It's him, It's hamouda !!
*Flashback* He's a 16 yo male who started in DA as a Ra duelist who kept working harder and harder, advancing his skills & knowledge to the following level till he made it to Obelisk then finally became a DA Tester. At that point, His skills were unexpandable and his creativity was a one of its kind and he started collecting tourney trophies and who lately slashed into Top 16 stunning our expectations *Flashback*

I was interrupted "Would you help me collect the cards other than just standing there ?"

I started helping him then on looking at the cards, i asked : "Is this the deck you're using for YCS ?"

He replied : "Duh !!"

"It's your first time in YCS, right ?"

"ya, it's actually the 2nd or 3rd tourn I join in hmm 9 months maybe...I just didn't want to miss this one :3"

*Surprised by some cards and amount of traps* I proceeded to ask : "Mind telling me what's this deck ?"

"Chain Burn"

"Unbelieveable, Such a rare deck..Since these sort of decks are banned in major online tournaments, Mind providing brief about how it works ?!"

"Draw, Burn, Stall...The deck's secret is that you can burn really fast, without losing much card's presence...The best scenario is burning burning and burning and then... morphing jar!, Also some burn deck's weakness is that they are too unprotected, except if they rely on stall spell/traps which are too easy to remove from the field WHILE my deck doesn't suffer from that with a new unexpected stall card INFERNITY GUARDIAN ! :D. I even love him more than horses and hamburgers O_O"

"CHEAP!!"

"I still win"

"Anyway, Any Key cards? "

"none, that makes the deck awesome since I don't rely on some few cards"

"So through this whole event, Especially with such an unexpected deck, What did others side versus you?"

"Hahaha :D,NOTHING..almost I mean, that's why I chose the deck actually"

"I believe that people running frogmonarchs got an out to your deck with Jinzo, am i right?"

"yes you are, but I think frognarchs aren't used alot this tourney and I was lucky to not face any frognarchs in the tournament"

"Toughest matchup so far ?"

"something I really didn't expect, Cyber OTK deck with Jinzo and 3 trap stuns, guess what the score was?"

"2-0 your favour ?"

"damn good guesser"

"It's because rebornshadow keeps records ._., Anyway what're ur outs to decree :/ with it being three this format?, starting from the last one to be accurate"

"I side typhoons, it's sth I hate to face but it isn't played a lot..I knew that most of ppl would just use sabers or LB which are pancakes for my deck"

He then had to go to get ready for the following round, To know what hamouda did and to check his decklist..Check DA YCS#2
Till then, Later

more_horiz
So, you never finished my interview D:

more_horiz
^ Jealous ;D

more_horiz
Hello Everybody, Today I got lucky to interview a duelist who's one of its kind, a one who can turn sand into gold with his dedication, reasonable thinking which drove him straight to glorious day 2.
If you're still wondering about who it's, It's The_Dutch_Prince ; a 20 yo proffessional duelist who came Holland seeking for glory in Duel Academy, and Glory was what he earned as he got many invitations into top teams which i won't be mentioning because it'd be advertising (heck, they're LE,DLK and EX), made it to KC Reporters Crew and sorrowfully not collecting medals but once not because he lacks skills but because of other external issues which drew him off the game for a while.

"Hey TDP, how're ya ? =P"

"Hey EJ, I'm doing good actually. only a bit tiered from work, since I just got home. How about you..?"

"I'm fine as well"

"First of all, Congratulations to making it to top 16...What deck did you take to the event btw?"

"Thanks I appreciate it. Well I entered the tournament with a Disaster Dragon build."

"Oh another duelist with a unique choice in his deck choice, Mind throwing it in my hand ?" *Straights hands*

"hahaha, well sorta unique but I believe a few other people entered with a Disaster Dragon in the swiss rounds as well but just did not make into the top 16 with it. As for how I made the choice of going for a Disaster Dragon build was to fight off those nasty Chaos decks I expected to face a lot while still being agressive and explosive when needed, which this deck can do. Besides that I have always had a thing for Dragon type decks and theme's, so the choice was rather easy to make. "

"So Mind giving us a brief about how the deck functions?"

"Sure thing, well the deck can be ran in a few different ways depending on the opening hand. And I think it is needless to say that if I would open with a Future Fusion and Giant Trunade how the deck goes. But the idea is indeed to have a Future Fusion fast so that I can dump my Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragons and Red-Eyes Wyverns in my grave so I can use the recycle effects of these 2 to swarm the field and keep pressure on my opponent. On top of that certain dragons have the stunnish effect that makes this deck a diferent deck than Hopless Dragons. I'm talking about Koa'ki Meiru Drago and Light and Darkness Dragon. These 2 make sure that my opponent has to deal with things in a different way then they might be used 2 ( keeping in mind dark and light attributed monsters that are to be special summoned ) and while having that Light and Darkness Dragon's purpose is not only to give my opponent a hard time ( since getting rid of it will at least cost my opponent 2 of their resources or they would have to pay life due to Solemn Warning or Solemn ) but it also has its 3rd effects of course that is able to recycle my Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon even more.

"Okay, now comes a question...I wonder why would you run Koa'Ki Meiru Drago in threes when the meta included no LS, BWs or that you'd face problems with those decks if you faced them..?!"

"A good question indeed. Not really, due to the power house monsters such as Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Prime Material Dragon and Light and Darkness Dragon. Drago is the monster that prevent my opponents from going into Colossal Fighter which is a drag to get rid of if I have to face it, besides these sort of monster it also ensures me of the fact I'm not going to see a Gorz, Tragoedia or Battle Fader while I attack or push for game. Besides that protective purpose it is also a 1900 beater and triggers alot of players to activate their Bottomless Trap Hole's and sometimes even their Sole,n Warnings due to his effect and stats. Which makes him a winner in my eyes"

"Good points raised..Your main winning condition is Future fusion, perhaps that's why you're running 3 Sarcophagus, and perhaps that's why i'm seeing stun over 2 7 tools because your pushes are massive..right ?!

"A good observation but not fully accurate. Yes my main goal is to get Future Fusion as soon as possible and have an easier duel by having it, but I certainly do not need it to win. Of course it makes it easier but without it I can still win my match. The full reason why I run 3 copies of Gold Sarcophagus is because dragon decks tend to be slow on their own feet and need a sepparate engine or speed cards to being able to keep up with the meta. On top of that Gold Sarco's get me the cards I want for sure, while pot of Duality for example ( which could just as easaly be ran ) doesn't do that and on top of that it disables me for explosive plays while Gold Sarco does not. The reason for running Trap Stun over 7-Tools is because I expected to see Chaos Plant Syncho decks, XX-Sabers and Gladiator Beasts a lot. Of course 7-Tools negates a trap card and can be used to push for game, but a pre-mature activated Trap Stun makes sure to trigger an opponents Solemn Judgment or their 7-Tools and lettign them pay lifepoints, while I still my resources I intended to use for my explosive play(s)."

"Alright another thing i noticed is you run "Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" although you have no water monsters in the deck ?!"

"True, I run that because I have Delta Flyer as my tuner which is able to raise the level of a different monster I control by 1. And I do run Monster Reborn, so I could be able to abuse my opponents graveyard and picking for example a Snowman Eater that they might side ( or have mained ). But mostly because I was also expecting to see a Fish OTK or Frognarch deck ( which run a lot of water attributed monsters ) and on top of that it is also a Dragon-Type monster and thus also being a targter for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon while being in my graveyard."

"We're almost done with deck questions, i was wondering if you got anything to say about autonomous action unit existing in your side deck ?!"

"Nice observation, this is my personal tech card in my side deck. The reason for having it there is in case I or have a mirror match ( and to avoid Victoria, since if they would reborn Victoria they get an extra plus out of it trhough my own cards, which I do not like to give ). And to fight possible Scrap decks, mainly aiming for Scrap Dragons obviously. But it can be sided in versus a lot of decks, such as Sabers, getting their Fullhelm Knight to stall a bit with her negating effect and disabling them to swarm and use Gottoms Emergency Call."

"What was your hardest matchup through your journey to glorious day 2?"

"Uhm.... that actually a hard one to answer considering the conditions of the matches. But I guess I would have to say the match I had versus Teise ( for getting into the Top 8, which I just finished ). All 3 games were hard to maintain control in and having bad tops all the time ( except in game 3 in which they saved me ). He was using an interesting XX-Sabers deck which he used skillfully and he really made me work for it. I eventually had to synchro into Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier and take a huge risk into discarding 3 cards from my hand to push for game, so I guess that was the match I seriously was in trouble and was the hardest to win. I say this because all the matches I had on day 1 were actually sorta basic and I just had bad hands, but the hardest match on day 1 was the match versus Kratos I guess."

"Since Disaster Dragons are so unexpected, what did others side versus you ?"

"Most people tended to side more hate towards my backrow, cards like Dust Tornado ( also to stop my Future Fusion plays ) and more monster destruction like Bottomless Trap Hole ( if they didn't had them mained ) and cards like Dimensional Prison. But surprisingly enough nobody sided in Dimensional Fissure's, which I actually expected from a lot of decks to do ( since I have faced 2 Light Gemini Miracle Beat decks which can side those in without hurting themselves ) and I faced a Gladiator Beast deck which could also splash it in on game 2 and or 3. Besides these most people tended to go with Effect Veilers and more chainable traps and spell to manipulate my Light and Darkness Dragon towards their own benifit. Other than that I don't think people really understand or understoud how to adapt to th deck I am using and the way I am using it.

"and people said the element of surprise isn't considered to be a factor in defining the victorious of duels"

"Well those people are still telling the truth, but the lack of experience dueling against decks like Disaster Dragons ( and then suddenly facing it ) takes its toll on a lot of players. Of course the surprise factor game 1 is my advantage but game 2 and or 3 should not be a surprise for my opponents at least not in my opinion. "

"So since this deck was mainly made for KCVDS meta pre-update, what'd be your changes if you ever had to use it again in rl meta aggro atmosphere ?!"

"I would probably add in Dragon Ravine's to being able to speed the deck up through ditching my dragons directly to the grave and thereby being faster. I would add Forbidden Lance copies to have more ensurence towards basic monster destruction and I would certainly max out Light and Darkness Dragon and Totem Dragon and probably less copies of Koa'ki Meiru Drago, seing the current meta in real life hardly has any dark and light attributed boss monsters that need to be special summoned obviously

"Alright, I guess we're done..Thanks for your time and good luck in your next rounds."

"Your welcome and thank you as well for giving me the uppertunity to explain a few things regarding my own dueling in this event."

and this was the end of the interview, Inorder to know how TDP did in the following rounds and to check his decklists, Check DA YCS #2

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply