Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionFate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope EmptyFate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope

more_horiz
The fanfic is going to be long with a lot of chapters and i hope the story will be interesting to you, so let's begin.

Chapter 1: Dreaming

”I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.”

When he came to, he was in a burning field. There was a big fire. The familiar town had turned to ashes and it looked like the remains of a battlefield from a movie.
That didn't last long, the fire died down as soon as the sun rose. The tall wall of flames had shortened and most of the buildings had fallen.
It felt strange for him to the only thing that had it's original form. He was the only one who was still alive. He must have been really lucky or his house was built on a lucky spot. It's uncertain which of those is true, but the point is he was the only one alive.
He felt that since he survived, he should live on. He started walking because he thought that it would be dangerous just to stay there. He wasn't concerned about getting burned like the other people around him. Probably because, over not wanting to be like them, he had a stronger feeling in his mind.
But he had no hope. It was still alive, so he didn't expect to be saved. He won't survive. Whatever happens, he won't be able to escape from this red world.
It is such an absolute hell that even a small child could understand it.
And he collapsed. Was it because there was no air? Was it because no function was left in his body? Whatever it was he collapsed and stared at the clouded sky. Everything around him was burned up and he could see many shriveled people.
The dark clouds loomed overhead, telling him it would rain soon. That was good news. The fire will be put down once it rains. In the end, he sighed deeply and looked at the sky. He says to himself that it hurts. He says so on behalf of all the people who couldn't.
That happened 10 years ago. After that he was miraculously saved. His body survived, but all other thing about him burned up and was reduced to ashes.
If you take away a child's parents, home and all such things, there is nothing left for him. That's why there was only his body. It's a simple story. In other words, in order to let his body live, his heard died.

Chapter 2: 10 years ago

He is dreaming. He squints his eyes to the bright light. “Too bright” he says. It was just light entering his eyes when he woke up, but he is not used to it. He didn’t even understand what the bright light meant. When his eyes focus, he is surprised. He is lying on an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar room. He is surprised but the room is so white and clean that he feels safe. “Where am I?” he murmurs. He looks around. The room is big and there are many beds. A person is in each bed and everyone seems to be hurt. But nothing feels strange in this room. Everyone who was hurt is someone who was saved. He relaxes and lets his eyes wonder. Outside the window the bright blue sky was unbelievably beautiful. After a few days he finally understood. He could clearly remember what had happened in the past few days. Even so, he was no different than a new born baby. Not just a metaphor but close to the truth. It was a terrible fire. He had been saved from it, was in a hospital with his body wrapped in bandages and his parents gone. He didn’t get the situation, but he vaguely understood that he was alone. He understood quickly. There was nothing but children in similar situations around him, so all he could do is absorb the fact. And after that a man came, right when he was beginning to worry what will happen to him next.
I was there too, I was there at that horrible night as well searching for survivors.
I watched the young boy who lost his parents and was visited by a strange man right when his bandages were taken off and he was able to eat without help.
Wrinkled coat and uncombed hair. The man, a bit younger than the doctor felt more like a big brother than a father. “Hello, you must be Shirou-kun” the man spoke. A smile that seems to melt into the light sunlight. I think it was a suspicious voice, but a very kind one. “I will ask you directly. Which would you prefer? To go to an orphanage or to be adopted by this man you have never seen before.” The doctor said to the boy. That man was telling that he could adopt him. When the boy asked him if he was a relative of his the man said that he was just a stranger. He looked like an unreliable person with no future. But it made no difference, the boy didn’t know anything about him or the orphanage. So he decided to go with him. “I see, that’s good. Get ready quickly than. You should get used to your new home as fast as you can.” said the man, while quickly packing the boy’s stuff. His packing wasn’t very good, even in the eyes of a child. Than after making a big mess…. “Oh, I forgot to mention something important. I have to tell you one thing before you come with me.” he turns to the boy. “Is everything ok?” ask the boy. “Yeah. To start off with, I am a Sorcerer.” He says in a serious tone. It happened in an instant. He was really a child back than so he automatically believed those words. “Wow, you’re awesome.” The boy said with bright eyes. Since then he became his child. For his father, Emiya Kiritsugu, that might have been the happiest day of his life. And thus he became his adopted son and his last name became Emiya, Emiya Shirou. He was really proud to have the same last name as Kiritsugu.
He is still dreaming. This is a story of his childhood. It was when he finally convinced his father to make him his student. It was 8 years ago. When he was old enough to stay at home by himself, Kiritsugu started to leave the house on a regular basis. He would say in his normal tone that he would “travel” the world and he began to act on those words. That’s how it was after that. It was normal for him to leave the house empty for a month and he sometimes wouldn’t come home for half a year. The Emiya house is a big Japanese-style house and Kiritugu and Shirou were the only ones living there.
Emiya Kiritsugu would come home from his journeys and tell Shirou lots of stories from his travels.

To be continued.... ^-^

descriptionFate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope EmptyRe: Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope

more_horiz
Nice one train o.o.., can't wait for the next chapter.

descriptionFate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope EmptyRe: Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blades of Hope

more_horiz
Here is a small add to the second chapter and the next one:

And the child who shared the man’s last name would be waiting at home for those stories. He was always alone in the house, but that loneliness would fade away with the stories Kiritsugu brought back.
The father who was always chasing his dreams like a kid. His attitude was astounding, but he always seemed dazzling to the child he adopted. That might be the reason why Shirou waned to be just like his father. He dreamed to become someone who you can rely on.

Chapter 3: Awekaning

There is a strange sound. A heavy, old, rusty sound as the door opens. Light enters the dark shed. A young girl comes in and asks: “Senpai, are you awake?”
Shirou feels the cold air and the approaching footsteps. “…Mm. Good morning, Sakura.” He says half asleep. “Ah, yes. Good morning senpai.” Sakura says happily. She smiles and nods as if accustomed to this kind of situation. “Senpai, it’s morning already. You have some more time but Fujimura-Sensei will get mad if you stay asleep here.” “Oh… you are right. Thanks for coming to wake me up.” “It’s not a problem at all. You’re always up so early. I can come and wake you up like this occasionally.” Sakura seem more upbeat than usual today as if she is happy about something. “…Really? I think you wake me up quite often. Though, Fuji-Nee always hits me to wake me up, so I’d rather have you wake me up…Well, I’ll try harder next time.” Shirou says calmly. Though he doesn’t know what he is saying with his mind not fully awake. “All right. But I am happier when you don’t try.” Sakura said while giggling. Shirou’s head was still dozing and he said something weird. “Give me a second, I’ll wake up.” Taking a deep breath, he clears up his mind. The cold outdoor air helps him in situations like this. The chill works well to beat the sleepiness out of his head.
In front of him is Matou Sakura, his junior at school. This place is a shed behind his house and the time is 6 o’clock. “…Senpai?” “Yeah, I am awake now. Sorry, I guess I did it again. I have to help you cook breakfast too.” “It’s fine. You were up late last night again, right? So you should take your time in the morning. I’ll get breakfast ready.” Sakura says so in happy tone. It’s unusual. She seems to be in a good mood this morning. “I can’t let you do that. I’ll get up right now, so lets go to the kitchen together.” Shirou says while he gets up. “All right, I am all set. Let’s go, Sakura.” “Ah…um, Senpai…” “Hm? What, is something wrong?” “No, it’s nothing but… I think you should change before you got back to the house.” “Oh….” Shirou says while looking down. He fell asleep while working, so he is still wearing his overalls. Being his work clothes they are pretty dirty. It would be bad if Fujimura sees him in the house like this. “Ugh… I guess I am not awake yet. I’m a bit out of it this morning.” He says. “That could be. So you rest here for a bit and I’ll take care of breakfast. And you know if you keep this place a mess, Fujimura-Sensei would get mad at you.” “…You are right. I’ll go after I get changed. You go on ahead.” “Yes, I will be waiting Senpai.” Sakura says, smiling. Sakura leaves the shed and goes in the house. Shirou has to change into his school uniform and clear the mess in the shed. The shed is built on the edge of his yard, and just as it seems, it’s a warehouse they put all there junk in. But for him, it’s a place of treasures as he has enjoyed messing with things since he was a kid. Kiritsugu didn’t allow him to go into the shed but he always sneaked in. As a result, it became his base. For him, Emiya Shirou, you can call this place his “real room”. The big Emiya household doesn’t suit him and he can only relax in this space full of junk. “…Besides, it’s a waste. Even if it’s junk, you can still use it.” He murmurs to himself. Most of the things in here are appliances that can’t be used any more. Did he bring all the junk in here because he liked the place, or did he come to like the place because of all the junk? Whatever it was, since he always sneaked in here, it became his hobby to fix the broken things. It’s not like he gets attached to things. It’s just that it annoys him not to use that can still be used. And just like that he was fixing up the stove all last night. “… I guess I’ll finish this tomorrow. It seems I don’t have enough concentration, seeing how I fell asleep halfway.” He says. He shakes off the feeling of disappointment, gathers up the parts of the stove and puts them on the shelf full of thing waiting to be fixed. There are no spaces on this shelf full of thing awaiting repair. An old VCR awaits after the stove. Shirou ignores the fact that Fujimura broke both of them. “All right…” Shirou says while changing into his uniform. This place is like his room and it holds changes of clothes along with other things he needs.
And you will ask why I know all of this? It’s simple really. I am watching this boy since “that night” because there will be a big change in his life soon, as I have predicted many years ago when I first saw him. Since than I am watching him, waiting for the time when he will need my help. Oh… were was I… oh yes, the shed. It also has lots of blueprints and junk, the results of failures from when he does his training. There is also some kind of old design inscribed on the floor like an alter. “… Well, let’s get today started.” He says. Clapping his hand in prayer to the shed, he heads for the house. He emerges from the shed. The Emiya house is a Japanese-style house on the outskirts of town. His father wasn’t much of a respected person in town but he somehow still had this huge house. That on it’s own is a mystery but it also seems he didn’t have any relatives in Japan. That’s why the house became Shirou’s and not someone else’s when his father died. Though, he doesn’t have any kind of management abilities. That’s why old man Fujumura is in charge of complicated things like inheritance and property taxes. Old man Fujimura is the big landlord in Shirou’s neighborhood. He is energetic and scary sometimes but he is not a bad person. He really helps Shirou when he tune’s up his motorcycle he likes to ride. That’s why he is the only one living in this big house. It’s been 5 years since Kiritsugu died. The days have passed quickly. Shirou has trained every day to be like his father but it’s not that easy in reality. It’s natural because he had no natural talent to begin with, but what can be said about not having any improvement at all in 5 years? To sum up the present in one sentence, his goal is so far away that he is not in the starting line yet. Well it won’t do any good to rush. For now he has to do what he can.

Chapter 4: Training, Breakfast

Shirou heads to the Emiya’s house dojo. It’s really big and it was built when the house was built. It was intended as a hobby, so the dojo wasn’t built for any particular reason. Shirou warms up a bit before breakfast. It’s his daily routine to work out since his father told him: “If you want to be like me, you’ll have to train your body first.” After doing 100 sit-ups, Shirou changes from his gym clothes into his uniform. He doesn’t want to build a lot of muscles but to be athletic enough to handle sudden accidents and to move as he wishes when he has to. After all, the thing he wasn’t to become is the complete opposite of an athlete. “…Oh, this late already?” he murmurs to himself. He puts the sweaty clothes into the laundry basket. It’s 6:20. In his house even this is a late time for breakfast. Breakfast is already ready. The elegant scent of breakfast befitting Sakura can be smelled across the house. “Breakfast is ready, Senpai.” She says. “Yeah, thanks… sorry, you had to do more work because I slept in.” Shirou says while apologizing to Sakura. “No, it’s not work at all. Besides you didn’t slept in. This is early for you since you’re not in any clubs.” “Clubs have nothing to do with it. When you bring clubs into it, you have to wake up early to come here when you have a morning practice.” “Ah… no, I’m doing this because I want to, so please don’t worry about my club.” “Yeah, you always say that. Well, that’s why I wake up early, clubs or not. It’s rude of me to sleep in if you are going to be here.” He says. For him, waking up early is waking up before Sakura gets in the house and sleeping in is making Sakura prepare breakfast on her own, like today. Though, it’s become a habit of her for a year and a half or so. “Heehee. Senpai, you always put too much weight on these things. Mitsuzuri-Senpai always says you’re so honest that it’s annoying.” Sakura smiles as if she is remembering it. Mitsuzuri is the captain of the Archery club Sakura is in and someone Shirou has a lot of acquaintance with. “…Huh. Is she still complaining to you about me?” “Yes. She’s working hard to beat you in archery before she graduates.” “…Geez, she must be better than me by now. Is she glorifying the memories? I don’t mind people thinking highly of me but I guess it depends on who they are.” “Mitsuzuri-Senpai hates loosing, so she probably thinks of you as a rival.” Sakura says so while putting rice into a bowl. It’s almost 6:30. The archery class morning practice start at 7 o’clock. It’s not madonary but she can’t afford to take it easy. “Fuji-Nee… will be here soon, I guess. Well it’s her fault for not getting here on time. Well, Sakura, let’s go ahead and start eating.” “Yes, here you go, Senpai.” She says so with a smile while giving Shirou a bowl with rice. That something strange happens. It’s not like he is not used to it but her white fingers catch his eye. She must be maturing as she seems more feminine these days. That troubles Shirou. Her casual movements are beautiful and she often takes his breath away. “Senpai? Is something wrong?” She says. “No it’s nothing. Don’t worry, it’s nothing.” He says. But why is he tense around his friend’s sister? She is a good underclassman and a junior he need to take care of.
First of all, the relationship between him and Matou Sakura is just that of a Senpai and junior. She is the sister of a close friend of his, but since she is a grade below him, they weren’t that close. It all changed a year and half ago into this cooperative kind of relationship. Sakura came to cook when Shirou was injured and after that, they just ended up like this. This was supposed to be until Shirou’s injuries heal but in the end Sakura continued visiting Shirou and preparing breakfast. Sakura is a good cook and perfect at cleaning and doing the laundry. It really helps him when she is around helping around the house but it’s been troubling recently. The problem is not in Sakura but in him. Frankly, Sakura is beautiful. She is one of the best looking first years and there are lots of guys wanting to date her. And since she is growing around Shirou while helping in the house her casual gestures started to catch his eye. That’s what I meant by small problem. Though, it’s really strange for Shirou to be attracted by his friend’s sister. Usually he is fine, but when he is caught off guard like just now, he blushes.

more_horiz
Sweet. Nice story ya got here, Train.

more_horiz
Chapter 5: Breakfast, Fujimura appears.

Breakfast is placed on the table. A perfect breakfast consisting of chicken salad, cooked salmon, spinach, radish, and carrot miso soup, and yam soup. “Itadakimasu” they say in unison. Sakura and Shirou bow and start there meal quietly. The sound of the chopsticks echoes through the room. Sakura isn’t the talkative type, and Shirou is not versatile enough to talk while eating. Naturally the meals are quiet. Usually it’s lauder, but today, the laud person is just sitting and reading the newspaper. She must have been watching spy movies last night as she is eyeing them while hiding behind the newspaper. “Fujimura-Sensei, don’t you think you shouldn’t read the newspaper during meals?” Sakura asks. Fujimura ignores Sakura’s question. She is acting weird, but Fujimura always acts in suspicious ways during breakfast. Sakura must be used to it, as she continues to eat with no particular care. Sakura prefers to cook Western foods. She learned to cook Japanese food while helping in the Emiya’s household. Fukimura and Shirou prefer Japanese food, so Sakura learned to make Japanese food for their breakfast. Now she is so good that she has surpassed Shirou, her teacher. The salmon is especially good as it’s cooked to perfection. Her miso soup is tasty, and she has shown some capacity even for making yam soup by grinding some yams. Actually, this is the first time she has cooked yam soup. “Sorry, Sakura, can you pass me the soy sauce?” Shirou asks. “There you… oh wait, Senpai. Your soy sauce is empty.” Sakura replays. “Fuji-Nee will do than. Can you get it?” “May I, Fujimura-Sensei?” she asks. Fujimura nods while reading the newspaper. “There you go. Are you going to use it on the yam soup?” “Yeah, you usually put soy sauce on yam soup, right?” Shirou says while putting soy sauce onto the white yam soup. After stirring it, he puts it on the rice and takes a bite. Than suddenly Shirou’s face becomes red. “Ugh…! This is terrible! This is oyster sauce!” Shirou says trying not to throw up. And then, “Haha, ahahahahahaaa!” Fujimura throws her newspaper away. “How’s that! It was my plan to switch the labels earlier this morning!” Fujimura says laughing. The female spy throws up her arms to show her happiness. “W-What are you thinking? You’re always like this even though you’ll be turning 25 this year!” Shirou says in an angry tone. “Haha. Did it teach you a lesson for what you did yesterday? It’s divine justice for picking on me with everyone else.” She says. “Divine justice doesn’t come from people! I though you were calm, but this is what you were thinking about!?” “That’s right. That’s why I have to go and start grading the exams now. Yup, I should hurry up.” Fujimura sits back down and finishes her breakfast quickly. “Thank you. Breakfast was lovely as always, Sakura-chan.” “Ah…thank you, Sensei.” Sakura replays. “I am going on ahead then. I’ll get mad if you two are late.” And she runs off. There should be something wrong in this world if she is a teacher. “…Um, Senpai?” Sakura asks. “Sorry about that. Fuji-Nee didn’t really take the time to enjoy your breakfast.” Shirou says. “No, it’s not that. Um…did you do something to her yesterday? It’s a bit too much for Fujimura-Sensei to play with food.” “Um…well, yeah. I accordantly called her by her nickname.” “I guess it can’t be helped in that case. You didn’t apologize to her, did you, Senpai?” “Sorry. I forgot since it happens all the time.” “You mustn’t. Fujimura-Sensei doesn’t like you calling her so, Senpai. You made her cry again, didn’t you?” Sakura says in a serious tone. “…I made her run away too. Yesterday’s English lesson was a self-study because of it.” Shirou says as if apologizing. “Geez. It was all your fault, then.” Fujimura is like a big sister to Sakura, so she’s basically on her side. Fujimura was originally an acquaintance of Kiritsugu, and she’s been coming to the house a lot since Shirou was adopted. She started to show up even more after his father died, and she’s now almost a dependant, eating breakfast and dinner there. Hmm…maybe she’s the reason Shirou was able to make it on by himself even after Kiritsugu died. Fujimura, Sakura and Shirou are now the residents of the Emiya household. But only Shirou knows that Kiritsugu was a magus. It’s said that magi must hide their identities. That’s why he is hiding the fact that he is learning magic since he became a student of his father. I say he is learning, but he can’t even cast a single magic spell properly. With this level of skill, it wouldn’t make much difference whether he hides it or not. But since it was how his father wanted thing, he has trained secretly since then.

Chapter 6: School

Shirou finishes breakfast and prepares for school. He cleans the dishes with Sakura while listening to the news on the TV. Sakura is staring at the TV screen. Over the screen runs an exaggerated teletype reading “Gas Leak Accidents Continue.” It seems there was a big accident in the neighboring town of Shinto. It happened in a building in the business district. It seems a whole floor of people ran out of oxygen and fell unconscious. They have called it a gas leakm but this kind of accident is happening often recently. “Are you worried about the news, Sakura?” Shirou asks. “Eh? Not, not really. I just thought it’s near…Senpai, your workplace is in the Shinto area, right?” Sakura says with a worried voice. “Yeah, but it’s not a big place. I don’t think an accident like that would happen there.” But it’s not a risk he can completely ignore. Gas leaks can happen in any building, and on top of that, it hurts to think that hundreds of people are suffering. It’s said that the accidents are happening often because of defective construction work during the rapid development of Shinto. True or not, they will have to be more careful from now on.
Shirou and Sakura leave the house and head for school. “Senpai, did you lock the back door?”, Sakura asks when they go outside the main gate. “I did. I bolted it. Is there a problem?” , “Not at all. Then I will lock the front door. When will you be home today, Senpai?”, “I think I will be a bit late. What about you, Sakura?”, “I will be back at the usual time. I’ll probably be here earlier, so I’ll start getting dinner ready.”, “Yeah, that will help. I will try to be home earlier too.” Sakura locks the door. She and Fujimura also have keys for the house and the rule is that the last person out locks the door. “Let’s go. You won’t make it to morning practice unless we hurry.” , “Yes, let’s hurry then, Senpai.”
And they hurry to school. They will pass a long wall, head downhill, and reach the residential district. Shirou’s house is on top of a hill, far away from the town center. After reaching the crossroads of the town they head for there school.
Today Shirou will be helping the school council by fixing some broken things.
He goes to the council room and says: “Issei, you there?”, “I am, you are a bit late today Emiya.”, says Issei. After chatting for a while they go out in the hall.

Note: i just wanned to inform you before the 7th chapter is released that i need your help to decide on something. The character i added can chance the course of history of the story, making it go faster or slower. I want you to give your opinions if he is going to change the course of history in the next chapter or not, you will have this kind of option in future chapters as well, but know this if he changes the course of history in the story something important might not happen or lead to a bad ending, so be careful when you choose. When i get enough opinions on what should happen i will write the chapter.

more_horiz
Chapter 7: The Fated Night, The Knight in Black appears

They head for the rooms in which there are some broken school equipment. Shirou asks Issei to leave the room because he has to do some delicate work to do in order to fix the broken equipment. After Issei exits the room leaving Shirou to work, he concentrates and builds up magical energy. He is going to fix the problem in an unusual way, so he doesn’t want anyone to see what he is going to do. Shirou is going to use Strengthening Magic to strengthen the structure of the equipment, making it stronger. After finishing he goes in the hall. “Issei, the repairs are done.” – Shirou says. But in the hallway there is someone else beside Issei, a girl. The person who is talking to Issei is Tohsaka Rin, from Class 2-A. She lives in a big mansion on top of the hill, a perfect honor student. Good looking, smart, athletic, and faultless. She’s intelligent, well mannered, and modest about her looks. People say she’s the ideal woman. So it hardly needs to be said that the guys in the school treat her like an idol. Though in Tohsaka’s case, she is so perfect that she’s considered unreachable. It’s commonly believed that only teachers and guys like Issei can talk to her. Well… Shirou is a boy too, so it hardly needs to be said he is one of Tohsaka Rin’s admirers. Tohsaka looks at them as if being in a bad mood. It seems to be true that she and Issei don’t get along. “Ah, sorry Emiya. I’m the one asking for help, but it seems like you’re doing all the work. Forgive me.” – Says Issei. “Don’t worry about it. So, where next? There is not much time left.” – Says Shirou while both of them ignore Tohsaka. “Yeah, the AV room is next. It seems it’s been working badly for a while, but now it finally died.”, “It can’t be fixed if it’s dead. It would be quicker if you buy a new one.”, “…True, but it would help if you could take a look at it. It might be dead to my eyes, but only faking it to yours.”, “I see. So, let’s take a look.” There’s only about 30 minutes until homeroom starts. Shirou will have to hurry if he is going to fix it. They head for the Av room with Issei, but it’s impolite to ignore Tohsaka like that when they met like this. Shirou turns to her while she is standing in a daze, and says: “You are up early, Tohsaka.” – making a honest compliment, then he follows Issei.
”We barely made it. Thank you, Emiya. I caused you trouble again. I would be a failure as a friend if I made you late dong thing for me.”, “Don’t worry about it. It’s no big deal for me to be late. Though I guess it would be for you to be…”, “Indeed. Well, I’m glad we made it.” Issei heads for his seat, relieved. It’s exactly 8 o’clock. The first homeroom bell has rung, so Fujimure should be there in about 5 minutes. Taking a deep breath, Shirou heads for his seat since he and Issei ran from the AV room to the class room in a hurry.
”You are so noisy in the mornings, Emiya. I was wondering what you would be doing since quitting the club, but all you have been doing is helping out Ryudou? It’s not my concern, but don’t do anything to bring the club into disrepute, okey? You’re pretty uncommitted after all.” That was said by Matou Shinji, a friend of Shirou from middle school, who is standing in front of him. As you can tell by his name, he is Sakura’s brother who is one year older than her. “Yo, is the archery club doing well, Shinji?”, “Of course! There is no pint in asking.” – Says Shinji rudely. “That’s good. Call me if you need any help doing so work.”, “Thank you, I surely would ask you if there was.” After chatting for a while, Shinji heads for his seat. My first impression when I first saw him wasn’t good. That boy has some troubled personality, I don’t like him. The homeroom bell rings. A homeroom teacher usually would come 5 minutes early, but their homeroom teacher isn’t like that. For Class 2-C, homeroom starts 1 minute after the bell rings, right when they hear: “I am late, I am late, I am late…!” And Fujimura runs into the classroom. “All right, I made it! Good morning, everyo…..” *WHAM* Fujimura falls over with a terrible sound. The classroom is filled with silence, in contrast to the clamor a second ago. Just as you would expect from Fujimura. Her nickname of “Human Jet Coaster” isn’t just for show. But that really was a hard hit. She is still on the ground, having hit her head on the platform. “Hey front tow, wake her up!” some one from the back says. But everyone is scared to do it. “Hey, she is not moving. Has she passed out?” – Someone asks. If so, the problem would be how to get her into the nurse’s office. “Fujimura-Sensei? Are you alright?” – A brave female student asks. Fujimura doesn’t even twitch. A sense of worry runs through the room. Everyone agrees to wake her up by saying her nickname, well not Shirou and Shinji because they are too scared: “One, two… Wake up Tiger!” Even though everyone said it at the same time it was as laud as a whisper. The “Tiger” part is especially quiet. But still there was a twitch, Fujimura moved. Even though they shouldn’t they repeat Fujimura’s nickname. “Wake up Tiger, it’s morning!”, “Sensei, you are a Tiger if you don’t wake up!”, “Don’t give up, Tiger! Stand up, Tiger!”, “Yeah, wake up Sensai, then you would be a true Tiger!”, “T-I-G-E-R! T-I-G-E-R!” – Everyone repeats. “GAAAAAH….. DON’T CALL ME TIGER…..!” – Fujimura roars while standing up. She stands bravely as if the fall has done nothing at all. “…Huh? What are you all doing? You can’t stand up in middle of homeroom. Come on, sit down and I will get started.” – She says. It seems all memories from the moment she entered the room have fled her head. Though she doesn’t look happy for being called Tiger, well it’s her fault by having a name like that, Fujimura Taiga. She is responsible for Class 2-C.
And the classes end like every other day. There are many kinds of students: ones that go to clubs, ones that hurry home, and ones that stay in the classroom for no reason. It looks like Shirou is not going to be in any of those categories. He is going to work in the neighboring town. After finishing they give him 30, 000 Yen, although he was only helping out. It was normal I guess he was the only one who showed up for work. Shirou heads back home and don’t realize when he crossed the bridge.
He walks through the moonlight town. Walking up the road he notices that there are no people around. Its 7:30 so there should be people around at this time but there’s no sign of anyone. Then I remember that there was committed a crime in this area, so it’s only natural that there aren’t any people around. As Shirou thinks that it’s become too dangerous to be walking alone at night, he promises himself that he will not let Sakura go home on her own from now on. For a brief moment, Shirou couldn’t believe his eyes. There was someone on the road up ahead. As a small silver-haired girl comes down the hill and passes him she says: “You’ll die if you don’t summon it soon, Onii-Chan.” Shirou shakes the weird words she said and headed home. As he went up the hill and reached his house, the lights were on, meaning that Sakura and Fujimura are already there.
The smell of dinner could be smelled across the house. When Shirou entered the room, Fujimura and Sakura were in the middle of dinner. It seems the main dish is fried chicken with cream. “Welcome home, Senpai. We’re sorry for starting without you.” – Sakura greets him. “Sorry, I am late. I wish I could have come home earlier.” , “No, you made it. Could you wait a bit? I’ll get your dinner ready right away.” , “Yeah, all right. I’ll go and wash my hands, so make sure Fuji-Nee doesn’t eat my food.” , “Yes, I will.”
The dinner was perfectly done; Sakura has surpassed her teacher Shirou at cooking Western-style food. After they finish dinner and chat for a while, it’s to go home. Before Shirou went to take a bath he asked Fujimura to take Sakura home.
And so the day ends. Just before midnight, Emiya Shirou must carry out his training in using magic. The magic is divided into two sources, “mana” – floating energy around the world; “odo” – energy created in oneself. The mana source is far more powerful than the odo one.
Shirou concentrates to create a magical circuit to produce magical energy inside of him, then he analyzes the basic structure of a metal pipe trying to reinforce it’s durability by flowing magical energy into it, that’s called Strengthening Magic. The only magic he can use. After an hour of concentration he fails to reinforce the pipe, it seems the magical energy disappeared into the air. After he failed he made something that does not exist in this world, but that is impossible, that kind of magic is too hard for him to use, but he succeeds with ease.
After he finishes with the training he falls asleep. As the light shines on his face he wakes up and looks through the window. It’s still a bit dark outside and he murmurs to himself: “…Hm. I’m really not good in the mornings.” Shirou gets up, trying not to be defeated by the morning chill, and quickly folds up his futon. It’s 5:30. One of Shirou’s strengths is to wake up early no matter how late he goes to sleep. He sometimes sleeps in like yesterday, but he usually wakes up early. He decides to make breakfast since he let Sakura do it all by herself since he slept in. Shirou cooks rise and makes miso soup. It’s 6:00. He finishes earlier than expected, so he has some free time. He decides to go to the dojo of the house and train a bit.
After finishing his training, he goes back to the house and greets Sakura who is just coming in. “Good morning, Senpai. Have you finished preparing breakfast already?” – Asks Sakura. “Yeah, breakfast is done. All that’s left is setting up the table and cooking the fish.”, “Oh, I will help then. I will prepare the dishes.”
Sakura is cheerful this morning and right behind her is Fujimura. “Oh, this is the smell of Shirou’s omelet. I see, you’re making breakfast this morning.”- She says while slowly moves to the table. When Shirou asks Sakura to prepare the dishes while he cooks the fish, he sees a bruise on her hand. It seems Sakura had a fight with her brother who caused that bruise. What an awful person, how can he beat on his younger sister? When Shirou asks about it she says her brother has nothing to do with it. She said that she fell and hurt herself. But Shirou doesn’t believe her, she can’t have injured herself just by falling over, and he gets mad at Shinji: “Don’t be stupid. How can you get a bruise like that from falling over? It seems Shinji isn’t tired of getting beat up yet…!” , “N-No, Senpai…! This doesn’t have anything to do with Nii-san. I really did this myself, so you can’t get mad.” – Sakura says and falls silent. Shirou decides to leave it at that: “…All right. If you say so, I’ll leave it at that. But if I see it again, I won’t be able to hold back.” , “…Yes, I am sorry, Senpai.” , “Why are you apologizing? It’s Shinji’s fault.” Shinji has a bad habit to beat up his sister; I have noticed that a year ago. She was injured sometimes and when Shirou asked about it, she always evaded his questions. When he asked Shinji about it he always said that he was the cause of Sakura’s injuries. After that Shirou got mad and just beat the crap out of him. Since then they are not that friendly. Though Shinji really deserved what he got. Then they talked about the reason why Shirou quitted the archery club. He quitted it because he got injured while working and broke a bone and got a burn scar on his shoulder, since then he hasn’t used a bow. They finish breakfast and it’s time to go to school.
It’s 7:30. Sakura and Fujimura have already left the house. Shiou went to school earlier yesterday because he was asked by Issei, but today he leaves at the usual time. When he arrives at the intersection, he runs into an unusual scene. Several police cars are parked outside a house. Something must have happened, as it’s noisy and lots of people are surrounding the area. Shirou is curious to find out what’s happened but he must prioritize school so he heads for it. When he enters the school yard he meets a familiar face. “Hey, morning Emiya.”, ‘What, you’ve not changed yet, Mitsuzuri? It’s almost homeroom, you shouldn’t have time to say hello to me.”, “Ahahaha! You are right. You are cold as ever, Emiya!”
The person in front of him is Mitsuzuri Ayako. She was his classmate in the first year, and now she is the captain of the archery club. They chat for a while and discus something Shimji did as usual, he always makes trouble wherever he goes. It seems he was turned down by Tohsaka Rin, well he deserves it so I don’t feel bad for him. After finishing talking, Shirou heads for the classroom. It’s lunchtime already, the school has an excellent cafeteria and most students eat there. But there are some old-fashioned students who bring their own lunches. Two of them happen to be Shirou and the student council president Issei. The two of them eat lunch together and have a good time while talking to each other. They talk about the incident that happened earlier, it seems there was a murder, and the victim was killed with a long weapon, probably a sword or a lance.
Someone knocks on the door, its Kuzuki, one of the teachers at the school. It seems the shy Issei lets his guard down when he talk to him, maybe because they get along, both of them are really serious people. Kuzuki Soichirou is the teacher in charge of class 2-A.
Classes end and it’s time to go home. Though Shirou has work to do and he has to hurry to the neighboring town but first he has to check on thing to see if Shinji is not making problems in the archery club. He checks the building to see if Tohsaka is there, from what Mitsuzuri has told him she visits the archery club often, but she is not there today. When he exits the building he meets Issei. They talk for a while and the subject is Tohsaka Rin. After that Shirou gets on the bus to the neighboring town of Shinto across the bridge. It’s not 5 o’clock yet, he has some free time. Today’s job is simple loading job from 5 to 8 o’clock. Though it requires a lot of physical work, so Shirou should rest whenever he can, even if it’s just for 10 minutes. He decides to rest in the park. That same park was part of the burning hell 10 years ago and now it’s desolated even now, only on weekends you could see people.
Its 5 o’clock as the 5 o’clock bell rings, Shirou should hurry to work. When he finishes work the sun has already set. It’s a bit before 8 o’clock. Since he finished work early he decides to take a small walk through the town. He passes by the tallest building in the town, it’s so tall that he can’t see the top clearly, and then he sees someone out of place. He stops and looks at the rooftop, focuses his eyes, looking at the thing as small as a grain of rice. It seems it’s someone he knows. Why is she there? What would she be doing there? With her long hair fluttering and doing nothing, she is looking down at the town. It doesn’t seem she has noticed him. No, there is no way she could. She is so high up that even Shirou, who has better eyesight than most could barely see her by improving his vision with magical energy. And then she disappears. It seems she is done with what she was doing. That girl was Tohsaka Rin. Shirou decides to head home. There is no one in the town after 8 o’clock, and its terrible quiet. Shirou climbs the hill and reaches his house. The lights are still on, so Sakura and Fujimura should be still there. In the house it just Fujimura, and she greets him as he comes in. She scolds him for coming late again. After that they sit down and have dinner. After dinner Shirou does his usual training in the shed than goes to his room to get some sleep, and that ends the day.
He gets up on the next day and the time is past 6 o’clock. From the kitchen you could hear the sound of the knife. Sakura is early as always, preparing breakfast.
Breakfast starts as always and as always the laud one is Fujimura. Sakura is a member of the archery club and Fujimura is in charge of the archery club.
After breakfast is finished Shirou and Sakura leave the house and head for school. Sakura told Shirou that she wouldn’t be able to come over during the weekend due to a personal manner, and if he needs help with something he could find her in the archery club. Then suddenly Sakura gets scared of something: “Senpai, your hand.” Shirou’s hand is bleeding. He pulls up his sleeve. There is certainly blood on his arm. “What’s this? Maybe I cut it while fixing something last night.” – He says. But it doesn’t seem it hurts. There is just a welt on there. The welt goes straight from his shoulder down to the hand, and it looks kind of like a small snake running from his shoulder to his hand. “Well, I don’t feel any pain, so it should go away quickly. Don’t worry, it’s nothing.”- He says to Sakura. “…Yes, if you say so.” They fall silent and head for the school.
Shirou leaves Sakura, who has club activities and heads for the classroom. The schoolyard is full of spirited students running around. But still, there’s something oddly wrong here. The school is like it always is. The students at morning practice are lively, and the new school building is spotless. But everything changes if you close your eyes and concentrate. The school building is covered with stains like membranes, and the students running around the schoolyard seem like empty dolls. Shirou shakes off the feeling and heads for the lifeless building.
School ends early on Saturdays. Classes end before noon, and after finishing helping Issei afterwards, the sun is starting to set. Shirou decides to head home and packs up and leaves the classroom. In the hallway he meets Shinji. “Oh, you are still here, Emiya?” – Says Shinji. Behind him there are a couple of girls being rowdy. “You were still here even though you had nothing to do? Oh yeah, you were sticking up for the student council again, right? I envy you. You can get good reports from the school without doing any club activities.”, “I am not helping the student council. It’s only natural for a student to fix the school equipment, right? After all, we are the ones using them.” , “Heh, keep talking like that. Everything for you is natural.” After that Shinji asks Shirou for a favor. “All right, then do me a favor. Our archery club is kind of mess right now. It’s a bit disordered, and some of the bows need strings attached. If you have time, can you do that too? You used to be a member. Don’t just stick to the student council, and you should be useful to us sometimes as well.” , “I don’t mind.” – Says Shirou. “I’ll leave it you, then. The key’s in the usual place, so go ahead.”
The cleaning end quickly as Shirou knows the place well. It’s past 7 o’clock. Shirou locks the dojo and leaves the keys. The wind is blowing. It’s so cold that your cheeks could get numb. Fuyuki City isn’t usually cold during winter, but it’s cold tonight of all nights. It seems this place is filled only with chill, as it’s all silent.
Suddenly Shirou hears the sound of crashing weapons. It’s coming from the school grounds. He must be curious about the sound and decides to check it out. When he arrives at the schoolyard he is surprised to see people there, but it’s too dark to tell for sure. As he continued forward his instinct told him to hide. Now that he is behind a tree big enough to hide him he is able to see the battle clearly now. He sees a man in red and a man in blue fighting each other, one hold twin swords, the other a lance. From the looks of things they really want to kill each other. When I saw them, they didn’t feel like humans just something that looks like a human. You could feel their murderous intend even from far away. Shirou is scared, really scared. Suddenly they stop fighting, but still you could sense the danger. The man in blue draws huge amount of magical energy into his weapon, it seems the man in red is going to die. Then at that time Shirou couldn’t hold his breath any longer and takes a deep breath. “Who is there?” – Says the man in blue, and looks around. Shirou realizes the danger and starts running with all his strength. It’s uncertain how fast he ran, but after a while he found himself in the school building. He regrets his actions, because there is no one that can help him in here. If he waned to escape, he should have fled to the town. Suddenly the man in blue appears in front of him. “Yo. You ran pretty far.” – he says. “You know better that anyone that you can’t escape, right? People who get killed are usually like that. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You don’t have to feel ashamed.” “You were just unlucky, kid. Well, you saw us, so die.” – The man in blue says while raising his lance. And the man’s lance mercilessly pierces Emiya Shirou’s heart, there was no time for me to act, it happened so fast.
He falls on his face, and then the man in blue disappears. I run to him as fast as I could to check his condition, maybe he could still be saved. As I did that I heard closuring footsteps. I should hide…. In that classroom should be perfect. I open the door and go inside, then close it. The footsteps stop were Shirou lies on the floor. “…Follow him, Archer. Lancer will probably go back to his master. This won’t be worth it unless we at least find out what his Master looks like.” That voice was said by a young girl. “…But it’s amazing he is not dead yet.” – she says. She says something strange. “… Stop it. Why does it have to be you?”- she says with compassion in her voice. That girl casts a healing spell and leaves a heart shaped red pendant behind as she leaves. I guess he was saved by that person, whoever she might be. Then Shirou falls asleep to recover his strength.
He wakes up and doesn’t look well. He looks down and remembers that his chest was pierced by a lance, but now there wasn’t even an injury. He decides to clean up the mess for a reason unknown to me. Then he leaves the school and heads for his house, followed by me in a distance that allows me to stop any attacker. When he enters the house there is no one there. Neither Fujimura nor Sakura is around. That’s good because this house might become a battlefield soon. Shirou sits on the ground and takes a deep breath. He can finally relax. Suddenly the boundary field around the house alarms us of an intruder, Shirou put off the lights as fast as he could. The intruder could be the same blue knight with the lance, trying to kill Shirou again because he saw their fight with the knight in red. Suddenly the men in blue slices off the door of the room were Shirou was and attacks him, tying to pierce his heart yet again. Shirou manages to doge this time and jumps outside the house through the window. He is then followed by Lancer as that girl called him. He kicks Shirou a couple of meters across the yard and Shirou finds himself at the door to the shed, and goes in and locks the door. But that door couldn’t stand the strength of the knight in blue. He is surely going to be killed this time if I don’t do something. I ran as fast as I could to the shed but not before a strong light illuminated the shed. A magical circle was formed and a human shaped figure of a knight wearing silver armor appeared. That knight was a young girl, even younger than Shirou, wielding an invisible weapon. It’s finally the time to make my appearance. As lancer prepared his lance to pierce Shirou, I and the young knight jumped in front of him and blocked the lance with our weapons….

more_horiz
cool story, but isn't chapter a little too long?

more_horiz
you should be a writer man >.<

more_horiz
Thanks Yugi, appreciate it. Here is the next chapter:

Chapter 8: Saber and The Knight in Black vs Lancer; Tohsaka Rin is a Master?

… We put strength in them and push Lancer back around 30 meters. After that the young blond girl turns to Shirou and says: “Are you my master?” Shirou just repeats the question and is not able to continue. He must be amazed by the girl’s beauty. “I, Servant Saber, have come forth in response to your summons. Please give me an order, Master” – She says, breaking the silence. Shirou must have felt some sort of a pain because he grabs his left hand. That must have been some sort of a signal, as the girl quietly nods her lovely face. “From this time forth, my sword shall be with you and your hate shall be with me. Now, our contract is complete.”, “Contract? What are you talking about?...” – Shirou says suddenly. “We don’t have time for that! Lancer is back up on his feat.” – I say. The girl turns around looking with the same grace she had when she nodded to him. Then she looks at the man with the lance, ready to repeat the attack. Suddenly she leaps out of the shed without hesitation. I follow her as well with the same speed. I followed her because she can’t be a match for him. She is even younger that Shirou… My words telling her to stop are silenced by the sound of steel hitting steel. The lance-wielding man attacked the girl when she leaped from the shed but his attacks were blocked and he was driven backwards with every blow. It’s unbelievable. The girl called Saber is overpowering her opponent. The man trusts his lance with even more power now but the girl parries it with the “thing” in her hands and closes in on the man. He retreats a bit while holding his lance vertically to protect his ribs as the girl goes for them.
When she hits his lance with the “thing” in her hands, Lancer’s lance glows as if electrified. Then I realize that there is a terrible amount of magical energy in her weapon. That outrageous amount of magical energy is penetrating her opponent’s weapon just by touching it. “Coward, what are you doing, hiding your weapon…!” He complaints while avoiding Saber’s fierce attacks. She doesn’t answer, but only attacks even more with the “thing” in her hands. Lancer retreats even more without the chance even to counterattack. That is only natural because his opponent’s weapon is invisible, yes invisible. She definitely has something in her hands. She swings her sword to deliver a “final blow” but he jumps back and avoids it. The man jumps as soon as he touched the ground at the girl, who still had her weapon stuck in the ground. Lancer closes in and the girl twists her whole body to execute the counterattack. Seeing his mistake he tries to hold back but it’s too late. Saber blows him away several meters. After landing hard on the ground, Lancer gets up and lowers his stance. He is going to use the same move he prepared for the knight in red. A massive amount of magical energy enters his lance. Saber prepares for the attack holding her invisible weapon with both of her hands, but that’s not enough. She will be killed by that attack, even a person as strong as her cannot withstand that much force. Lancer attacks with incredible speed saying the name of his attack, also the name of his cursed lance “Gae Bolg”. The Lance moves with impossible movements as Saber tries to dodge it. In that very instant I jump in front of her, holding the cursed Phoenix Shield. It’s said that nothing can break it and that it always protects its master by changing the outcome of the attack to be always blocked. With a devilish smile I block his attack and knock him back. While he is surprised that his attack failed, I swing my sword with great force unleashing a big amount of magical energy using my sword as the medium. This attack is called “Heavenly Wave”. Badly injured Lancer manages to escape the second of my swings leaving a trail of blood. “I could handle him on my own!” – Says Saber with an angry tone. “No, you couldn’t. That attack could not be dodged if I didn’t have The Phoenix Shield, because his weapons special ability is to always pierce the opponent’s heart.” Saber looks at me with a puzzled look on her face. At that moment Shirou comes to us. It seems he saw the whole battle. “By the name of his lance, he should be Ireland’s man of light.”- I say. Shirou comes to us but he is still silent and cannot stop staring at Saber. I can’t blame him she is very beautiful and moonlight falling on her makes her even more beautiful. But he finally snaps, takes a step back and asks: “Who are you?...” Saber answers: “What do you mean? I am the Servant Saber. You summoned me, so I do not think you should need to confirm it.”, “And I happen to be one of your fathers acquaintances.” – I answer with a calm voice. Suddenly Saber and I turn to the near wall sensing that there is an enemy nearby. Saber jumps outside, followed by me. I could hear Shirou’s voice asking: “Enemies outside?...” He runs outside as well. When he reaches us he sees that Saber is fighting a familiar knight in red. She runs at him without hesitation, takes his guard down with one blow, and… Shirou yells while raising his left hand with the Command Spell: “No, stop Saber!” One of the marks on his hand disappears. After that I see the reason why he stopped Saber with the cost of one of his Command Spells. Behind the knight in red is someone Shirou knows, it’s Tohsaka Rin…

Chapter 9 Coming Soon...

more_horiz
Chapter 9: The truth about the Holy Grail War

The silver armored knight hesitates for an instant. Using that opening, the man in red quickly gets away. Hmm… it’s the same guy from before. The knight in red, I’m sure of it. That’s the guy that was fighting Lancer in the schoolyard.
”Are you insane, Shirou? We should have been able to defeat Archer and his Master here. So why did you go so far as to use your Command Spell to stop me…!?” – says Saber with an angry voice. He stopped her only because he doesn’t understand anything, besides that’s the person who saved his life.
”Master, please retract your order. If you act like this, I cannot defeat enemies that could otherwise be beaten.” – Saber tries to convince him, while readying her weapon. In front of her is the man in red she could not slay. “No, don’t do it. To be honest, I have no idea what’s going on. But the one you’re trying to attack is someone I know, I can’t let you attack someone I know.” – Shirou stops her.
”What are you saying? She is Archer’s Master. She’s our enemy, so we must defeat her here.” – Saber continues. “… I don’t care about that. First of all, I don’t even understand this Master thing you’re talking about. If you are going to call me Master, you should at least explain to me what this is all about.” – Shirou stops her again. Then suddenly the girl behind the man in red says with a polite but a harsh voice: “Hmm… So that’s how it is, amateur Master-san?”
”If I were you, I would be careful what I’m saying, young lady!” – I say with annoyance. Shirou gasps when he turns around and sees me readying my sword to slash the rude girl: “Stop! What’s going on here? Why both of you want to defeat them so bad?” – Shirou stops me. “I don’t want to, but I must. It’s my duty.” – I answer to his question. “She is an enemy that must be defeated.” Saber nods in agreement. “No, you are not going to attack her, I will not allow it.” – Shirou stops me again. “… Fine, do as you wish.” – I let go of my intension of killing her.
”What are you doing her Tohsaka?” – Shirou asks. “Huh? Oh, you know me? Then this should be easy. First of all, good evening, Emiya-kun.” – She answers.
I don’t know what her intensions are, but Tohsaka greets him with a big smile.
”A-Are you serious!? This isn’t the time for greetings! You are…!” – Shirou says amazed by what Tohsaka said and then stopped. “Yes I am a Master as well. In other words, I’m a magus like you. We’re similar, so we don’t have to hide it, right?” – She answers. “Magus? You’re a magus, Tohsaka!?” – He says while I facepalm myself. Tohsaka is looking at him with irritation. “Uh no, that’s not what I meant to say.” – He tries to calm her down. “… I see. I get it now. So that’s how it is huh?” – She says. Taking a look at us, she turns to the man behind her: “Archer. Can you turn into spirit form for a while? I’m pissed right now.”, “I don’t mind, but what do you mean by pissed?” – Archer answers.
”It means what it means. I can’t calm down unless I make him realize what kind of situation he is in. You won’t have anything to do until then, so go away. Saber and that man in black won’t be able to lower their swords as long as you are here.” – She answers. “Man, how difficult. Well, I shall obey if it’s an order. If I may warn you, however, what you’re about to do is needless.” – He says and then he disappears. “T-Tohsaka that was…!”, “Let’s talk inside. You don’t know anything, right, Emiya-kun? You can rest assured that I’ll tell you everything, even if you say you don’t want to know. Besides it’s cold outside…” – Saying this, she walks toward the entrance. “Wait, what are you thinking…?” – He stops her. She turns: “Are you stupid? I’m thinking about a lot of things. That’s why I want to talk with you. Emiya-kun, it’s okay to be surprised by sudden turn of events, but it might cost you your life if you don’t just accept it. Incidentally, do you understand that now is one of those times?” He can’t say anything to that. “It’s fine if you understand. So, let’s go to your place. You’re fine with that too, right, you two? I will explain things in return of sparing my life.”, “…Very well. I do not know what your intensions are, but we will restrain ourselves as long as you are helping him.” – I answer. Tohsaka goes through the gate. We enter the house and head for the living room. “Wow, it’s pretty big, I am not used to this Japanese style. Oh, is that the living room, Emiya-kun?” – Saying so Tohsaka enters the living room. Shirou turns on the lights and then suddenly: “Oh, It’s so cold! Hey the windows are all broken.” – Tohsaka says with a surprised tone. “I couldn’t help it. I was attacked by this Lancer guy. I was desparate.” – Shirou answers. “Oh, I see. Then were you fighting him alone until you summoned Saber?”, “I didn’t fight him. He just beat me up.”, “Oh, so you don’t try to show off, huh? … I see, I see. You’re really just as you appear, Emiya-kun.” Tohsaka walk over to the broken window. She takes a piece of the shattered glass, takes a look at it and…: “Minuten vor SchweiBen” – casts a spell. She cuts the tip of her finger and puts a drop of her blood onto the glass. The shattered glass recombines and restores itself in a matter of seconds.
After that they talk about what magic Shirou can use because he is an amateur after all. “I will go make some hot tea.” – I say and head for the kitchen. But I could still hear them. “Well I’ll begin. Emiya-kun , you don’t know what kind of situation you are in right now, correct?” – Tohsaka asks. Shirou nods. “I thought so. Well, it was obvious, but I had to make sure, right? It’s only putting flab on my mind if I explain it to someone who already gets it. To put it bluntly, you have been chosen as a Master. You have a holy sign on one of your hands, right? On your hand or your arm. There are personal differences, but there should be three Command Spells engraved. That is the sign of a Master.” , “On my hand… oh,this.” – Shirou says while looking at his left hand. “Yes. That is also a Spell that controls the Servant, so take care of it. It’s called a Command Spell and you can retain control over your Servan as long as you have it.” , “… What do you mean ‘as long as I have it’?”, “The Command Spell enforces unconditional obedience. That mark overrules your Servant’s will and makes them obey your command. There’s no spell needed to activate it, and it will be activated when you put your mind to using it. You’ll be killed if you lose all of your Command Spells, so be careful.” , “What… I’ll be killed?” , “That’s right. Masters killing other Master is fundamental to the Holy Grail War. And the Master that kills the other six Masters is awarded the Holy Grail… You still don’t understand? To put it simply you have been dragged into a game. A survival game between the seven Masters, a game called the Holy Grail War. A battle royale that won’t end until you kill all other Masters.” – She states this as if it’s the most natural thing in the world. “Wait. What’s that? What are you talking about all of a sudden?” , “I understand how you feel, but I’m just telling you the truth. Besides you should understand deep down. Having nearly be killed by that servant twice, you should know you’re in a situation you can’t run away from.” That’s certain; Shirou was almost killed by Lancer. “Oh, that’s wrong. In fact, you weren’t almost killed, you were actually killed. I’m surprised you’re still alive again. Do you get it now? That’s your situation. You can’t run away because you don’t know anything. But you’re prepared, since you are a magus, right? We are beings who kill and are killed.” – Tohsaka explains. “… You know I was killed by Lancer, Tohsaka?” , “Damn. I got caught up in the moment. That was just a guess. Forget about it, it’s trivial.” , “It’s not trivial. Someone certainly…” , “Forget about it! Your main concern should be grasping the situation you’re in. You are one of the seven Masters of the holy Grail War. Look. Every few decades, seven Masters are chosen in this town and are given Servants. A Master uses his or her Servant to kill other Masters. This is the ritual called the Holy Grail War. I’ve also been chosen as a Master. That’s why I made a contract with a Servant, and you made a contract with Saber. It doesn’t seem you summoned Saber yourself, but Servants are given to Masters by the Holy Grail. So it’s possible for an ignorant magus like you to be chosen as a Master.”
” Hold on. You say Saber is a familiar, but I’m not convinced. Familiars are things like cats and birds, right? Well, I do hear that some use human ghosts, but Saber has a body. Besides she doesn’t look like a familiar.” , “Familiar, huh…? Well, Servants are in that category, but they are on a different level. That girl over there is a Ghost Liner, considerate to be the strongest of all familiars.” , “Ghost Liner…? Then do you mean she really is a ghost?” , “A ghost, huh…? She’s similar, but Saber would kill you if you compared her to one. Servants are heroes of the past given bodies. Beings surpassing humans, more like spirits.” , “Huh? Heroes of the past given bodies?” , “That’s right. A legendary hero that was pulled from the past or the present, or whatever and given a body. Well, it’s the role of the Master to summon them, and the Holy Grail does the rest. It’s impossible for a magus to give shape to a soul, so we’re assisted by a strong Artifact.” , “That’s impossible. I have never heard of such magic.” , “Of course not. This is not magic. Think of it as a phenomenon created by the Holy Grail. It’s impossible to create a soul and give it body without it.” They continue talking about it for a while. Then Tohsaka says we have to go to the Church. “Not before you drink your tea.” – I say while holding 4 cups of tea. After we drunk up our tea and everyone congratulates me for the great tea they had, we set off for the church…

Chapter 10 Coming Soon...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply